Thread: Current situation at restaurants

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    The anti-vaxxers on the right are causing this. If we were all vaccinated, we would return to normal. Restaurants would not have to worry about help or customers. However the vaccinated do not want to serve rightys who are walking in a cloud of viruses and take them home to their children and parents.
    Looks like you and the other 3 idiots who thanked you do not go out at all. Guess restaurants do not take EBT cards.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,247 Times in 13,970 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    When it is generally very bad for people....as Jordan Peterson points out work is where we get so much of the meaning of life....as as I dare say every educated person knows we must stretch to be all that we can be....that when we sit around doing nothing of value humans tend to rot.

The WOKE TALIBAN are wrong about just about everything, and not just wrong...so much of what this cult preaches is actually the opposite of the truth...it is Anti-Truth.
    And then he follows up "Tucker said" with "Jordan Peterson points out," priceless

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,115 Times in 12,640 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

This is a good point to restate that I am expecting 100% increase in menu prices 2019-2024.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    And then he follows up "Tucker said" with "Jordan Peterson points out," priceless
    Feel free to leave.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Before the pandemic front of the house where I live were routinely averaging over $50/hr.....it is back of the house which has been having trouble getting paid....increasingly over four decades.
    And I would have to assume that includes tips and in an upscale restaurant, not the norm

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Feel free to leave.
    And miss more of "Tucker said" and "Jordan Peterson points out?" Can't even imagine who's next

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,266 Times in 7,148 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,197 Times in 1,112 Posts

It's a little bit of this, and it's a little bit of that!

You can bet that many people that are still drawing Unemployment benefits, are not going back to work until the unemployment benefits stop! But, this is not just the case for Restaurant workers. As I personally know some people in various well-paying professional career jobs that do this. AND I WILL ADD, IT REALLY IS NOT DUE TO THE COVID LAY-OFFS EITHER- AS I HAVE KNOWN MANY PEOPLE TO DO THIS, REPUBLICANS AND DEMOCRATS! This has been going on for as long as Unemployment benefits even existed. I think it is just human nature to milk the UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFIT TO THE VERY END!

But, many restaurant workers that got laid-off during the Covid Crisis, went right back to work as delivery drivers for Uber and Grubhub. They like the money they are making, and do not intend to go back into the restaurants to work for minimum wage ever again. And the program has been such a success for restaurants , the food delivery companies, and the drivers, this service will now be adapted as STANDARD FARE in the restaurant business. And of course, many restaurants hired their own delivery drivers who mainly work for tips plus a minimum wage.

Another problem for workers in every career, are the DAY CARE CENTER problem. Many closed down, never to re-open again. People with children have nowhere to drop their children off so that they can work. And because babies and children are major carriers of Covid, and day care centers are basically virus incubators, and most day-care workers only make minimum wage, many people are not returning to this career either. AND THIS IS BASICALLY THE NUMBER ONE REASON WHY MOST WOMEN ARE NOT GOING BACK TO WORK! THEY REALLY HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO STAY AT HOME AND WATCH THEIR YOUNGER CHILDREN!

The average fast-food restaurant worker only works less than a year in that career anyway, before seeking better paying jobs elsewhere. The restaurant industry has one of the largest employee turnover rates of any industry in business today. Perhaps not at the management level, but at the grunt entry level for sure. So many restaurant workers used this time off to find better jobs and have already moved on. AND GOOD FOR THEM.

SO, yes, there are several dynamics in play that are causing the restaurant, service level, and retail industries to get back to normal again!

8. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,037 Times in 14,531 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Easy solution, pay them more

Fact that it is restaurants and bars that are crying the most about finding help one might realize that they are lousy jobs for shit wages and little or no benefits
    People who worked for tips tended to do pretty well over the years. With seats empty in these establishments, these workers cannot be expected to work for less than a Walmart employee.

The WM in my town is starting people at $16/hour. Granted, nobody gets full time hours.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

9. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Everyone is missing the point. Republicans are the problem and should all die!😄. Now pipe down, it’s tip off in 5 minutes.

10. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,584 Times in 9,990 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 873 Times in 830 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    Everyone is missing the point. Republicans are the problem and should all die!.
    Yeah,.... this guy isnt a total fucktard or anything. Ugly motherfucker too.

11. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,910 Times in 21,670 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,696 Times in 5,198 Posts
    Blog Entries

We have been trying to support restaurants and fast food all through the pandemic. Because of gross mismanagement of the unemployment system and as well the WOKE TALIBAN teaching that work is oppression restaurants are having a huge problem finding people who are willing to work. Have you in the last few months seen a steep drop off of food quality as business booms without there being enough staff...or at least enough good staff?

Are service levels going down?

Please Report.

tyvm
    Pay more, get good employees.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

12. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Pay more, get good employees.
    Pay as much as a lot of people under 30 think that they should make at McDonlads and your Big Mac will be about $15.

DARK AGES SUCK!

13. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It's Time For TUCKER!

DARK AGES SUCK!

14. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Man, Tucker just ripped the health care leaders a new one....again.

We have been betrayed by our leaders.

We have to do something about this.

NOW!

DARK AGES SUCK!

15. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,910 Times in 21,670 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,696 Times in 5,198 Posts
    Blog Entries

Pay as much as a lot of people under 30 think that they should make at McDonlads and your Big Mac will be about $15.
    Only if you keep the CEO's bonus astronomical.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!