Thread: KXL dead!

1. #166 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    And if Mexico suddenly wanted to build a pipeline across America all the way to Canada- Would you think that was a great idea?
    Why don't you explain why they would need to and why it would be a bad idea?
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

2. #167 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,424 Times in 10,050 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    [size=3]^This is why you cannot have a coherent argument with a dishonest, lying, mentally challenged weak link like LyingVagina426. It always descends into a circle of stupidity, profanity and mental gymnastics using strawmen.
    I've made nothing BUT coherent, consistent arguments here.

You're the one who stupidly said that a larger market means increased supply. LOL...boy was that a doozy of a quote.

You, however, have changed your position no less than half a dozen times on this thread, abandoning tactics and resorting to fake quoting because you can't stand it that someone makes you look like the piece of trash you truly are.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

3. #168 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

[size=3]And there she blows. It never takes long for a lying leftist mental case to go full retard.
    I understand that I make you feel small and insignificant.

That's it, I had nothing else to say.

4. #169 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

[size=3]Hard to sell a commodity when the primary method of getting it to market is canceled.
    They seem to have no problem selling it to US refineries in the midwest...

5. #170 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    If this is a refinery issue, then why doesn't TransCanada just build more refineries in Canada instead?
    This is why you are the dumbest mother fucker on the planet. You're dismissed dumbass.

"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.

6. #171 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

[size=3]This is why you are the dumbest mother fucker on the planet. You're dismissed dumbass.
    I'm not the first person on this thread to raise this point with you, and both times you avoided it.

So if this is simply a refinery issue, why doesn't Canada just build more refineries up there?

7. #172 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You're dismissed dumbass.
    How's that working out for you? Not well.

Your life must be pretty awful if you have to resort to these kinds of face-saving posts on JPP...

8. #173 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,266 Times in 7,148 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,197 Times in 1,112 Posts

Why don't you explain why they would need to and why it would be a bad idea?
    Pipelines are a risky deal anyway as they are subject to environmental and/or terrorist disasters and cyber attacks. And when they leak, they end up causing serious environmental disasters.

For instance, PEMEX could sign a deal to supply Canada with gasoline or petroleum, and it would need a pipeline across America to transport it!

9. #174 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

As the world's fourth-largest oil exporter, Canada sells almost all of its oil to one customer: the United States. Canada’s government and oil industry saw Keystone XL as an important export opportunity for the country. Canada has battled with pipeline bottlenecks that squeezed regional oil prices and forced producers to transport more of their oil south by rail.

The U.S, which has benefited from the rise of its domestic shale oil industry, still gets half of its oil imports from Canada (56% in 2019) because it’s cheaper to get it from our next-door neighbor than from Venezuela, OPEC or Russia. In addition, refiners in the Midwest and the Gulf Coast generally use the type of heavy oil that Canada produces. The lack of additional Canadian imports could force refiners to buy more oil from adversarial states.

The U.S. will likely continue to be an important and growing final destination for Canadian oil -- if not by the Keystone XL pipeline -- mostly by truck and rail, both avenues being more carbon-intensive means of transport. America’s rail capacity, which is also needed for other types of freight, could be stretched, possibly raising the cost of all rail capacity. The amount of crude oil shipped via rail from Canada to the U.S. increased from 7.8 million barrels in 2012 to over 110 million barrels in 2019. It can cost up to three times as much to ship oil by rail than by pipeline. It is projected that without the Keystone XL pipeline, at least 400,000 barrels per day will have to travel by rail.

Market demand for crude oil, not pipeline capacity, determines how much is produced and transported to refineries. Stopping the pipeline’s construction will not reduce the production or consumption of the additional market demand.

https://www.pumpsandsystems.com/why-...ne-xl-pipeline

10. #175 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,266 Times in 7,148 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,197 Times in 1,112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    Just fine with me if they pay for it. And if they operate it to US standards
    Do you mean US REPUBLICAN LACK OF STANDARDS or DEMOCRAT INDUCED STANDARDS?

11. #176 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

[size=3][i]As the world's fourth-largest oil exporter, Canada sells almost all of its oil to one customer: the United States.
    So why would you want to change that?

Why would you want us to have to compete with China for Canada's oil?

And why do you care about Canadian oil companies?

12. #177 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Pipelines are a risky deal anyway as they are subject to environmental and/or terrorist disasters and cyber attacks. And when they leak, they end up causing serious environmental disasters.
    So you believe that transport by rail, truck or ship is less risky? The FACTS are proven by the Allaska pipeline. The environmentalists made all kinds of lie filled claims of what would happen. None of them proved to be true. It is far safer and more economical to deliver oil by pipeline. Thise are the basic FACTS, and no amount of flailing or lying can change that.

For instance, PEMEX could sign a deal to supply Canada with gasoline or petroleum, and it would need a pipeline across America to transport it!
    Canada isn't an importer of oil. They priduce far more than their tiny population could ever consume. They are a major EXPORTER. Get some facts.

13. #178 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

As the world's fourth-largest oil exporter, Canada sells almost all of its oil to one customer: the United States. Canada’s government and oil industry saw Keystone XL as an important export opportunity for the country. Canada has battled with pipeline bottlenecks that squeezed regional oil prices and forced producers to transport more of their oil south by rail.

The U.S, which has benefited from the rise of its domestic shale oil industry, still gets half of its oil imports from Canada (56% in 2019) because it’s cheaper to get it from our next-door neighbor than from Venezuela, OPEC or Russia. In addition, refiners in the Midwest and the Gulf Coast generally use the type of heavy oil that Canada produces. The lack of additional Canadian imports could force refiners to buy more oil from adversarial states.

The U.S. will likely continue to be an important and growing final destination for Canadian oil -- if not by the Keystone XL pipeline -- mostly by truck and rail, both avenues being more carbon-intensive means of transport. America’s rail capacity, which is also needed for other types of freight, could be stretched, possibly raising the cost of all rail capacity. The amount of crude oil shipped via rail from Canada to the U.S. increased from 7.8 million barrels in 2012 to over 110 million barrels in 2019. It can cost up to three times as much to ship oil by rail than by pipeline. It is projected that without the Keystone XL pipeline, at least 400,000 barrels per day will have to travel by rail.

Market demand for crude oil, not pipeline capacity, determines how much is produced and transported to refineries. Stopping the pipeline’s construction will not reduce the production or consumption of the additional market demand.

https://www.pumpsandsystems.com/why-...ne-xl-pipeline
    The one thing your copy-and-paste doesn't mention is that because of current supply lines, US Midwest refineries enjoy a steep discount on Canadian crude.

And those refineries would never need to import from adversarial states because TransCanada has nowhere else to sell their oil...womp womp.

Also, no one cares about the costs of transportation for a foreign oil company.

14. #179 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Do you mean US REPUBLICAN LACK OF STANDARDS or DEMOCRAT INDUCED STANDARDS?

It never fails; debating with leftists always comes down to childish pratlle and lie filled rants.

15. #180 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So why would you want to change that?

Why would you want us to have to compete with China for Canada's oil?

And why do you care about Canadian oil companies?

Do you have anything other than strawman and lies to offer?