Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast

Thread: KXL dead!

1. #256 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,734 Times in 14,330 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    So, they can drill on leases pre-existing the Biden administration. Biden halted all new drilling by ending new leases on government land. Of course the energy companies turn to private land to drill in that case.
    The industry rammed through numerous leases just before trump's insurrection. They have plenty of land to drill on. Historically, they sit on the Fed. leases and drill on state/private land due to lax enviro issues.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

2. #257 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,734 Times in 14,330 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

So, they can drill on leases pre-existing the Biden administration. Biden halted all new drilling by ending new leases on government land. Of course the energy companies turn to private land to drill in that case.
    It doesn't matter how many times you type this...it will never be true
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

3. #258 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,406 Times in 10,036 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    I absolutely do. It's you that doesn't realize that the US has a much higher demand for oil than Canada, fuckstick.
    Hey moron, why do you think tar sands sludge from Alberta is discounted in the US Midwest?
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

4. #259 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Canadian refiners haven't invested in coking plants to prepare tar sand oil for refining. That's why it's going to the US to begin with. The US has about 60% of refineries with coking capacity. There is some movement in Canada towards adding this capacity to their plants but it isn't yet in place.
    No, the only reason that Tar Sands sludge is coming to the US is because that's the only place the pipelines from Alberta lead.

TransCanada wanted KXL to increase market access for the Tar Sands sludge, specifically global access so they can sell the Tar Sands sludge for the same price as imported crude vs. the discount they currently sell to US refineries in PADD II.

5. #260 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    how so?
    Read the fucking thread.

6. #261 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,128 Times in 9,658 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 503 Times in 476 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Read the fucking thread.
    so no real answer. thanks, twat.

7. #262 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

so no real answer. thanks, twat.
    No, there's a real answer, you're just too fucking lazy to read a thread.

8. #263 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,918 Times in 13,188 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

No, the only reason that Tar Sands sludge is coming to the US is because that's the only place the pipelines from Alberta lead.

TransCanada wanted KXL to increase market access for the Tar Sands sludge, specifically global access so they can sell the Tar Sands sludge for the same price as imported crude vs. the discount they currently sell to US refineries in PADD II.
    Canada has ZERO capacity to refine it. So, it comes to the US where it can be refined. There are refineries in the Midwest that can do it and they're the closest so they get that business. The KXL was intended to move more of Canada's bituminous oil (tar sand) to refineries in Texas along with giving more capacity to move it to the Midwest. But with it not completed, rail shipment will continue as it has with the intendant higher risks of spills and environmental damage.

9. #264 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Canada has ZERO capacity to refine it.
    Doesn't matter and is totally irrelevant.

You seem to think that Tar Sands sludge could magically be transported elsewhere, but it can't.

The only place it can really go is to US PADD II.

Once it goes to PADD II, that's it; TransCanada has nothing else to do with it because by that point, it's bought by Midwest refineries at a discount because it's oversupplied there, and the refineries have the leverage.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

ExpressLane (06-14-2021)

11. #265 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So, it comes to the US where it can be refined. There are refineries in the Midwest that can do it and they're the closest so they get that business.
    LOL.

The Midwest refineries are the ONLY ONES who can refine it because the current pipelines only run to US PADD II.

That's why the US Midwest gets a discount.

The KXL was intended to move more of Canada's bituminous oil (tar sand) to refineries in Texas along with giving more capacity to move it to the Midwest.
    NO NO NO NO NO.

They said themselves that the purpose is to divert the flow of the sludge to PADD III where they can sell it for a higher price.

Capacity isn't an issue and was not the reason TC gave for the pipeline.

The current pipeline going there isn't even at full capacity NOW, because Tar Sands sludge extraction has declined because it's not profitable.

The current pipeline has so much capacity that the Tar Sands sludge is "oversupplied to US PADD II".

KXL would decrease that supply, as they said themselves in their permit application.

So you have TransCanada literally telling you why they wanted KXL, and you're being willfully blind to them, and I'm not sure why.

But with it not completed, rail shipment will continue as it has with the intendant higher risks of spills and environmental damage.
    More oil has been lost to pipeline leaks the last 5 years than to train accidents.

In fact, just two years ago, the part of KXL that is completed sprung a leak, and it lost more oil in that one leak than was lost everywhere else in the country that year, including the leaks in Alaska.

In fact, that KXL leak in 2018/19 was the largest since the explosion of the Deepwater Horizon platform.

12. #266 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No, there's a real answer, you're just too fucking lazy to read a thread.
    not compelling.

13. #267 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

not compelling.
    Maybe kill yourself?

Here's TransCanada telling you in plain terms that KXL will increase the cost of energy for US consumers:

“Existing markets for Canadian heavy crude, principally PADD II [U.S. Midwest], are currently oversupplied, resulting in price discounting for Canadian heavy crude oil. Access to the USGC [U.S. Gulf Coast] via the Keystone XL Pipeline is expected to strengthen Canadian crude oil pricing in [the Midwest] by removing this oversupply. This is expected to increase the price of heavy crude to the equivalent cost of imported crude. The resultant increase in the price of heavy crude is estimated to provide an increase in annual revenue to the Canadian producing industry in 2013 of US $2 billion to US $3.9 billion.”

This has been posted no less than a dozen times on this thread, and you responded to one of those posts.

So...kill yourself.

14. #268 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Maybe kill yourself?

Here's TransCanada telling you in plain terms that KXL will increase the cost of energy for US consumers:

“Existing markets for Canadian heavy crude, principally PADD II [U.S. Midwest], are currently oversupplied, resulting in price discounting for Canadian heavy crude oil. Access to the USGC [U.S. Gulf Coast] via the Keystone XL Pipeline is expected to strengthen Canadian crude oil pricing in [the Midwest] by removing this oversupply. This is expected to increase the price of heavy crude to the equivalent cost of imported crude. The resultant increase in the price of heavy crude is estimated to provide an increase in annual revenue to the Canadian producing industry in 2013 of US $2 billion to US $3.9 billion.”

This has been posted no less than a dozen times on this thread, and you responded to one of those posts.

So...kill yourself.
    so no answer.

15. #269 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Doesn't matter and is totally irrelevant.

You seem to think that Tar Sands sludge could magically be transported elsewhere, but it can't.

The only place it can really go is to US PADD II.

Once it goes to PADD II, that's it; TransCanada has nothing else to do with it because by that point, it's bought by Midwest refineries at a discount because it's oversupplied there, and the refineries have the leverage.
    it's not irrelevant, fucktard.

16. #270 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

so no answer.
    Can you read?