Thread: GOP Rep. Tom Rice voted for Trump's impeachment because Trump did what dictators do.

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,168 Times in 5,906 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 593 Times in 557 Posts

Default GOP Rep. Tom Rice voted for Trump's impeachment because Trump did what dictators do.

• Rep. Tom Rice defended his vote to impeach Trump over his role in inciting the Capitol insurrection.
    • The South Carolina lawmaker called Trump a "bully" and said his actions were "completely despicable."
    • Rice faces several Republican challengers hoping to unseat him in a primary election.

Republican Rep. Tom Rice of South Carolina defended his vote earlier this year to impeach President Donald Trump over his role in inciting the insurrection at the Capitol on January 6.

"I took an oath to defend the Constitution. I didn't take an oath to defend Donald Trump," Rice said in an interview with The Washington Post published on Sunday. "What Trump did was a frontal assault on the Constitution."

Rice expressed no regrets over his decision, telling his constituents at an event last week that Trump was a "bully" and that his actions on that day were "completely despicable," The Post reported.

"I will vote that way every single time," the Republican lawmaker said, according to The Post.

Rice also blasted Trump for tweeting an attack against Vice President Mike Pence while his supporters were storming the Capitol and Pence was being rushed to safety.

"For him to be calling Mike Pence a coward and him sitting at the White House surrounded by Secret Service and tweeting while Mike Pence is in the middle of all that, and he's a coward? Give me a break," Rice said at the event, according to The Post.

Trump had said Pence lacked "courage" for refusing to overturn the results of the presidential election over Trump's false claims that it was "rigged" and "stolen" from him. The vice president has no authority to challenge the results, and there was no evidence of widespread voter fraud in the election.

"If the president, by force, can intimidate Congress into voting their way, then we might as well do away with Congress and hand it over to a king," Rice said. "What he did in my mind is what dictators do."

Republican Congressman Ken Buck:
    “We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (06-14-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,875 Times in 8,272 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 590 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Capitalist View Post
    • Rep. Tom Rice defended his vote to impeach Trump over his role in inciting the Capitol insurrection.
    • The South Carolina lawmaker called Trump a "bully" and said his actions were "completely despicable."
    • Rice faces several Republican challengers hoping to unseat him in a primary election.

Republican Rep. Tom Rice of South Carolina defended his vote earlier this year to impeach President Donald Trump over his role in inciting the insurrection at the Capitol on January 6.

"I took an oath to defend the Constitution. I didn't take an oath to defend Donald Trump," Rice said in an interview with The Washington Post published on Sunday. "What Trump did was a frontal assault on the Constitution."

Rice expressed no regrets over his decision, telling his constituents at an event last week that Trump was a "bully" and that his actions on that day were "completely despicable," The Post reported.

"I will vote that way every single time," the Republican lawmaker said, according to The Post.

Rice also blasted Trump for tweeting an attack against Vice President Mike Pence while his supporters were storming the Capitol and Pence was being rushed to safety.

"For him to be calling Mike Pence a coward and him sitting at the White House surrounded by Secret Service and tweeting while Mike Pence is in the middle of all that, and he's a coward? Give me a break," Rice said at the event, according to The Post.

Trump had said Pence lacked "courage" for refusing to overturn the results of the presidential election over Trump's false claims that it was "rigged" and "stolen" from him. The vice president has no authority to challenge the results, and there was no evidence of widespread voter fraud in the election.

"If the president, by force, can intimidate Congress into voting their way, then we might as well do away with Congress and hand it over to a king," Rice said. "What he did in my mind is what dictators do."

What a real dictator would have done was round up all you leftists assholes and shot you yet here you are.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Yakuda For This Post:

Grokmaster (06-14-2021)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Today, 01:08 PM
    Yagina
    Verified Trump dick-sucker
    This message is hidden because Yagina is on your ignore list.

“We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,614 Times in 10,679 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 617 Times in 606 Posts
    Blog Entries

HURRY!!! HURRY!!! TRY TO DISTRACT FROM PRES.MORON'S DAILY CATSATROPHES!!!!"
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,875 Times in 8,272 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 590 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joe The Piece of Shit View Post
    Today, 01:08 PM
    Yakuda is the best
    But I am Verified Trump dick-sucker
    This message is hidden because I'm a pussy. Yakuda is a man and I'm a bitch. This is what I choke my chicken to.

TMI buddy

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,780 Times in 32,146 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

I have no problem with Rice losing his seat in 2022, but that will be up to the Republicans in his district.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yesterday, 01:31 PM
    PostmortemPussy
    fully immersed in sin..
    This message is hidden because PostmortemPussy is on your ignore list.

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,276 Times in 27,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

"I took an oath to defend the Constitution. I didn't take an oath to defend Donald Trump," Rice said
    ^ A foreign concept to JPP conservatives.

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    ^ A foreign concept to JPP conservatives.
    I would change that to JPP Radical Right Wing RepubliQans.