Thread: Current situation at restaurants

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,110 Times in 12,635 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Current situation at restaurants

We have been trying to support restaurants and fast food all through the pandemic. Because of gross mismanagement of the unemployment system and as well the WOKE TALIBAN teaching that work is oppression restaurants are having a huge problem finding people who are willing to work. Have you in the last few months seen a steep drop off of food quality as business booms without there being enough staff...or at least enough good staff?

Are service levels going down?

Please Report.

tyvm
    Last edited by Hawkeye10; 06-10-2021 at 03:34 PM.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,832 Times in 17,264 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,599 Times in 4,277 Posts

The anti-vaxxers on the right are causing this. If we were all vaccinated, we would return to normal. Restaurants would not have to worry about help or customers. However the vaccinated do not want to serve rightys who are walking in a cloud of viruses and take them home to their children and parents.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (06-10-2021), reagansghost (06-10-2021), signalmankenneth (06-12-2021), Whythink (06-10-2021)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,243 Times in 13,968 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

Easy solution, pay them more

Fact that it is restaurants and bars that are crying the most about finding help one might realize that they are lousy jobs for shit wages and little or no benefits

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to archives For This Post:

Althea (06-10-2021), Gamewell45 (06-12-2021), Geeko Sportivo (06-10-2021), Guno צְבִי (06-10-2021), signalmankenneth (06-12-2021), Walt (06-11-2021)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    The anti-vaxxers on the right are causing this. If we were all vaccinated, we would return to normal. Restaurants would not have to worry about help or customers. However the vaccinated do not want to serve rightys who are walking in a cloud of viruses and take them home to their children and parents.
    Sorry, but us WV hillbillies are basically back to normal. And we’re not exactly sure what it is you Blue Staters are waiting on lol.

Orders from Fauci?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Matt Dillon (06-10-2021)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,580 Times in 9,988 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 873 Times in 830 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Easy solution, pay them more

Fact that it is restaurants and bars that are crying the most about finding help one might realize that they are lousy jobs for shit wages and little or no benefits
    Or they can just bring in all the illegals you guys love so much and pay them even LESS.

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,460 Times in 7,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 503 Posts

Young people these days just don't like to work. Occasionally you'll run across one that's motivated. Usually their parents were addicts and they were raised by the grandparents who instilled them with work ethic.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Matt Dillon For This Post:

Stone (06-10-2021)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Or they can just bring in all the illegals you guys love so much and pay them even LESS.
    Over a million so far this year Tucker said yesterday....but even illegals are getting taught that they dont need to work....that they can sit at home and wait for the government to send them money, so I am not sure they are the solution to this problem.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Then there's that.

All that is going to be felt in the next 3 months.

Effects of the shutdowns, evictions, importing illegals, and cutting off the nation's fuel supply.

Interesting summer.

At least the class of 2021 got to graduate.

Class of 2020 got hosed!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Matt Dillon For This Post:

Stone (06-10-2021)

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    Young people these days just don't like to work. Occasionally you'll run across one that's motivated. Usually their parents were addicts and they were raised by the grandparents who instilled them with work ethic.
    Even 5-8 years ago in this blue area of a blue state I was finding that not only do the young not want to work, they dont think that they should have to do actual work, and many of them cant/wont work....they think work is like school.....you put in the time and then you get your reward...you dont have to actually do much of anything....if the employer demands demanding work they think they are being abused.

The WOKE have now reinforced slacking.

DARK AGES SUCK!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

Matt Dillon (06-10-2021)

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Even 5-8 years ago in this blue area of a blue state I was finding that not only do the young not want to work, they dont think that they should have to do actual work, and many of them cant/wont work....they think work is like school.....you put in the time and then you get your reward...you dont have to actually do much of anything.

The WOKE have now reinforced slacking.
    Next-level slackers. My friend's son is like that. He don't wanna do nothin'!

Play LoL wtf ever that is. He's like 20-something and smokes weed now..lovely!

We'd smoke weed and build something, a tree fort, shed, doghouse, pump house, maybe cook something; This fucker just slacks.

They will be feeding this kid til they die.

Then I think back on how bad we had it, but we made it!

19 years old, we moved out and "roomed". Working at the labor pool, living off baloney n hot dogs. You got what you could afford.

We'd get some beer (too much?) and the rooms would be rockin' with us fucking girls every night. We were the party house!

Idk if that kid's ever been laid. Doing bathtub laundry. Gotta have clean clothes.

I'll string a clothesline in a heartbeat! We went 1 month without power, nothing but candles. Not too bad in the wintertime in FL.

It would be bad in the summer, be we got better jobs by then. He got a job framing with this douchebag, and I got a job screening with a midget Italian Romeo.
    He was alright on the job, but Good Lord he thought he was God's gift to women.

I almost kicked my friend's boss's ass so many times. He was a total dick. Then he'd hang out after work..

I was glad when he told me he got fired. He found something else. He always does. I always do, too.
    Last edited by Matt Dillon; 06-10-2021 at 04:03 PM.

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I might be having a bad run....of the last 6 restaurant/fast food runs 5 have been problematic (Big Mac Tue was almost the worst ever...which is saying something).

I am looking to compare notes.

DARK AGES SUCK!

18. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    Next-level slackers. My friend's son is like that. He don't wanna do nothin'!

Play LoL wtf ever that is. He's like 20-something and smokes weed now..lovely!
    Complaining how bad his life and lot is likely...as he does less work than almost anyone who has ever lived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

19. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

In good times and bad, there is always a chorus of employers who claim they can’t find the employees they need. Sometimes that chorus is louder, sometimes softer, but it’s always there. One reason is that in a system as large and complex as the U.S. labor market there will always be pockets of bona fide labor shortages at any given time. But a more common reason is employers simply don’t want to raise wages high enough to attract workers. Employers post their too-low wages, can’t find workers to fill jobs at that pay level, and claim they’re facing a labor shortage. Given the ubiquity of this dynamic, I often suggest that whenever anyone says, “I can’t find the workers I need,” she should really add, “at the wages I want to pay.”

https://www.epi.org/blog/u-s-labor-s...ely-heres-why/

20. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    In good times and bad, there is always a chorus of employers who claim they can’t find the employees they need. Sometimes that chorus is louder, sometimes softer, but it’s always there. One reason is that in a system as large and complex as the U.S. labor market there will always be pockets of bona fide labor shortages at any given time. But a more common reason is employers simply don’t want to raise wages high enough to attract workers. Employers post their too-low wages, can’t find workers to fill jobs at that pay level, and claim they’re facing a labor shortage. Given the ubiquity of this dynamic, I often suggest that whenever anyone says, “I can’t find the workers I need,” she should really add, “at the wages I want to pay.”

https://www.epi.org/blog/u-s-labor-s...ely-heres-why/
    That sound great till you ask people who are graduating college having learned almost nothing of value what they expect to get paid, and it is in the $70,000/yr frame..... and fast food workers tell you that $25/hr sounds about right so long as the benefits are cool.

DARK AGES SUCK!

21. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,822 Times in 1,527 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 73 Times in 73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    hardly moron the fact that people perfer to stay at home and make more not working then they can working is the issue. I(O perhaps you can tell me how a server can tell the difference between a republican and democrat, o yes democrats all have that I just fucked the neighbors dog look on their face