Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump bombards supporters with near-constant texts for money.

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,174 Times in 5,911 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 593 Times in 557 Posts

Default Trump bombards supporters with near-constant texts for money.

Texts come hours apart with no clear explanation for how the money will be spent

Former President Donald Trump is out of office, and has not announced any plans to run in the future, but that hasn’t stopped his political action committee (PAC) from bombarding his fans with daily requests for money and other support.
    Supporters of the former president received at least one text message per day throughout the month of May, with some texts coming mere hours apart ahead of fundraising deadlines.

The donation links route money to the “Trump Make America Great Again Committee,” a joint fundraising committee that splits funds between the Republican National Committee (RNC), Mr Trump’s 2020 campaign for president, as well as the Save America PAC, an organisation founded by Mr Trump to fund his future political efforts.

The frequency of the calls for donations rivals that of most active political campaigns, and suggests that Mr Trump is keen on maintaining a massive war chest throughout his post-presidency that means his endorsement (or lack thereof) carries huge financial weight in any local race.

Some texts sent to supporters via the automated service are designed to appear as if they were personally written by the former president, while others are signed by Eric Trump, Donald Trump Jr, and former first lady Melania Trump.
    Republican Congressman Ken Buck:
    “We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (06-09-2021), ThatOwlWoman (06-09-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,544 Times in 14,029 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,451 Times in 1,370 Posts
    Blog Entries

And his rube saps in flyover and drive through country will send him their Social Security and Disability money
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

ברוך השם

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

Joe Capitalist (06-09-2021)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,926 Times in 13,193 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

Every night about 7 pm we get a recorded call with Trump babbling about the wall and buying a brick or something. He talks to the answering machine, and every morning it gets erased when I feed the dogs. So?

We get ones less frequently from Kristen Sinema (Democrat), a couple of other Republicans and Democrats too. They babble to our answering machine, then get erased.

The only saps and rubes are those trying to make some sort of major shit over a politician begging for money. That's what politicians do you dumb fucks! ALL OF THEM!

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,519 Times in 52,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Every night about 7 pm we get a recorded call with Trump babbling about the wall and buying a brick or something. He talks to the answering machine, and every morning it gets erased when I feed the dogs. So?

We get ones less frequently from Kristen Sinema (Democrat), a couple of other Republicans and Democrats too. They babble to our answering machine, then get erased.

The only saps and rubes are those trying to make some sort of major shit over a politician begging for money. That's what politicians do you dumb fucks! ALL OF THEM!
    Is an ex-President still a politician? I have never gotten a single text asking for money from Obama since he left office.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (06-09-2021)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,614 Times in 10,679 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 617 Times in 606 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Capitalist View Post
    Texts come hours apart with no clear explanation for how the money will be spent

Former President Donald Trump is out of office, and has not announced any plans to run in the future, but that hasn’t stopped his political action committee (PAC) from bombarding his fans with daily requests for money and other support.
    Supporters of the former president received at least one text message per day throughout the month of May, with some texts coming mere hours apart ahead of fundraising deadlines.

The donation links route money to the “Trump Make America Great Again Committee,” a joint fundraising committee that splits funds between the Republican National Committee (RNC), Mr Trump’s 2020 campaign for president, as well as the Save America PAC, an organisation founded by Mr Trump to fund his future political efforts.

The frequency of the calls for donations rivals that of most active political campaigns, and suggests that Mr Trump is keen on maintaining a massive war chest throughout his post-presidency that means his endorsement (or lack thereof) carries huge financial weight in any local race.

Some texts sent to supporters via the automated service are designed to appear as if they were personally written by the former president, while others are signed by Eric Trump, Donald Trump Jr, and former first lady Melania Trump.

CAN'T READ???

" The donation links route money to the “Trump Make America Great Again Committee,” a joint fundraising committee that splits funds between the Republican National Committee (RNC), Mr Trump’s 2020 campaign for president, as well as the Save America PAC, an organisation founded by Mr Trump to fund his future political efforts."

LOOKS PRETTY CLEAR TO ME...BUT THEN, I CAN READ AT AN ADULT LEVEL ,APPARENTLY UNLIKE THE OP POSTER...
    Last edited by Grokmaster; 06-09-2021 at 06:33 PM.
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,614 Times in 10,679 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 617 Times in 606 Posts
    Blog Entries

TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,023 Times in 8,280 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

We went from promises that trump was so rich he would pay for his own campaign, to him being so poor that he needs handouts from his followers.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Walt For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (06-09-2021), Joe Capitalist (06-09-2021)

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,926 Times in 13,193 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Is an ex-President still a politician? I have never gotten a single text asking for money from Obama since he left office.
    Yea, they still are. Obama regularly appears on TV these days to support his old VP on issues... The ones begging for money are usually looking to get reelected.

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 77 Times in 75 Posts
    Blog Entries

wow ... since YOU are the one bringing this up ... it must mean that YOU PERSONALLY are receiving said texts. So since it appears to be YOUR PERSONAL PROBLEM ... why don't you get your name off the mailing list and let the rest of us go on about our lives without the 'pleasure' of reading about YOUR PERSONAL PROBLEMS ???

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post

wow ... since YOU are the one bringing this up ... it must mean that YOU PERSONALLY are receiving said texts. So since it appears to be YOUR PERSONAL PROBLEM ... why don't you get your name off the mailing list and let the rest of us go on about our lives without the 'pleasure' of reading about YOUR PERSONAL PROBLEMS ???
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-bom...182800444.html
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (06-09-2021)

16. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 77 Times in 75 Posts
    Blog Entries

OK ... YOU post a link that OP FAILED to do.

I stand by what I said to OP ... he appeared to be making his personal problem our problem. I for one am an AVID supporter of President Donald J Trump and I have yet to receive a text like the OP was bitching about.

17. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,174 Times in 5,911 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 593 Times in 557 Posts

Gumby gets it wrong again. Must be tough defending the antics of a fucking treasonous Insurrectionists.
    Republican Congressman Ken Buck:
    “We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (06-10-2021)

19. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    OK ... YOU post a link that OP FAILED to do.

I stand by what I said to OP ... he appeared to be making his personal problem our problem. I for one am an AVID supporter of President Donald J Trump and I have yet to receive a text like the OP was bitching about.
    Yes, we all had you pegged as a seditionist moron from the git-go. Thanks for the confirmation.

20. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Gumby gets it wrong again. Must be tough defending the antics of a fucking treasonous Insurrectionists.
    It's not often that you come across someone who's openly bragging about his worship of corruption and incompetence. Only on JPP! lol

21. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Joe Capitalist (06-10-2021)

22. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

odd.....I've never gotten one......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”