Thread: In Guatemala, Harris Tells Undocumented to Stay Away From U.S. Border

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,519 Times in 52,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    I think what's not talked about enough is the fact a large percentage of the refugees are fleeing Central America because their lives are literally at stake

they're not coming here to steal American jobs (mainly doing the jobs Americans don't want), they're not coming here to get on welfare and kick back....they DO instead work hard doing extreme manual labor like picking crops, they pay taxes and add value to a country built on the backs of slaves and immigrants

the MSM teams up with the right wing and just sticks with those old tropes, and always look the other direction when anyone speaks truth on the matter
    NBC Nightly News has been doing a lot of coverage of this crisis and has touched on the problems you mention -- the rapes, murders, enslavement, poverty, disease, poor educational opportunities, etc. for these ppl. I don't have any knowledge of how it's being covered elsewhere. The Reichwing has always tried to simplify complex issues like this one. Wall, is about all they can grunt. Well, Wall won't keep them out as long as there is money to be made in helping them cross, money to be made exploiting them once they're here, and money to be made turning them in to ICE.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,240 Times in 2,333 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 161 Times in 150 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Meanwhile, the Reichwingers cry because she's not doing photo-ops at our southern border. When you have a problem like this, doesn't it make more sense to go to where it begins, rather than where it ends?
    It makes perfect sense to go to where the problem starts. AMERICA’S problem starts at the southern border. If she went to the border and talked to the crossers, she would find the “problem” is twofold as far as they’re concerned: 1) no money and 2) both her and her zombie of a boss INVITED them here. And correct me if I’m wrong, but I understand that the regime wants to throw 4 billion dollars at the region which will disappear into that corrupt hole like a chocolate cake at fat camp, and when nothing changes, the jackasses will scratch their heads and say “okay that didn’t change anything, so it’s GOT to be climate change and “food insecurity”! Throw more money at the green new deal”!
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

3. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,565 Times in 17,092 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

The rightys ,as this board has shown, keep screaming about open borders. It is a lie but it gets great air. So coyotes tell the central Americans that they are open. They collect thousands from people who do not know better. Rightys are a huge part of this problem and the VP went there to straighten the countries out.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (06-08-2021)

5. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    GUATEMALA CITY — During her first foreign trip as vice president, Kamala Harris said the United States would bolster investigations into corruption and human trafficking in Guatemala, while also delivering a clear, blunt message to undocumented migrants hoping to reach the United States: “Do not come.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/07/w...guatemala.html
    If only her mother had said those same words to her father.....

6. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,519 Times in 52,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Callinectes View Post
    It makes perfect sense to go to where the problem starts. AMERICA’S problem starts at the southern border. If she went to the border and talked to the crossers, she would find the “problem” is twofold as far as they’re concerned: 1) no money and 2) both her and her zombie of a boss INVITED them here. And correct me if I’m wrong, but I understand that the regime wants to throw 4 billion dollars at the region which will disappear into that corrupt hole like a chocolate cake at fat camp, and when nothing changes, the jackasses will scratch their heads and say “okay that didn’t change anything, so it’s GOT to be climate change and “food insecurity”! Throw more money at the green new deal”!
    You are wrong. On the (NBC) news last night, Guatemalan officials were saying that any monetary aid should go to international relief organizations rather than local or national govt. -- because of the corruption you mentioned. Our govt. is a lot more informed on what's going on than you are, or me either.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

7. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

In Guatemala, Harris Tells Undocumented to Stay Away From U.S. Border
    She says as everyone knows that as soon as they make it to the border they will be taken care of for years to come, and they will also be able to bring many members of their families in legally through chain migration.

It was an obvious lie.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

8. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,524 Times in 11,565 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

A better and more lasting solution involves several approaches. Complex problems are like that.
    Not complex at all. Just bring back debtors prison. And sweat shops company housing, company store. You know the good old days.

9. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,406 Times in 10,036 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    She says as everyone knows that as soon as they make it to the border they will be taken care of for years to come, and they will also be able to bring many members of their families in legally through chain migration.
    Who fucking cares?

The only reason to oppose this is because you're racist and don't want more brown people coming into the country.

Cuz if these were white Europeans or Canadians coming to the border, you'd have no problem with them streaming here.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

10. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,822 Times in 1,527 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 73 Times in 73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by volsrock View Post
    “Do not come.”

Wow

Maybe we should use that brain storm with other problems

Do not shoot people

Do not do drugs

Do not sell drugs

Do not rape

And so on
    I didn't know it was so simple bidenpresident shes a genius

11. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 77 Times in 75 Posts
    Blog Entries

Why did they go where? Most of the refugees these days are from C. America -- Guatemala, El Salvador, etc. You'll have to ask Mexico why they let them pass. I sure don't know. No doubt it has a lot to do with bribery and border agents being paid to look the other way.
    A silly question since you answered it yourself ... Mexico

12. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,957 Times in 10,497 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 573 Times in 557 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Dutch View Post
    Agreed. Shooting angry Trumpers should be a national pastime.
    Only conclusion. Going to a Christian school causes you to be a mass murderer.

13. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

14. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

15. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lionfish View Post
    THAT IS FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,240 Times in 2,333 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 161 Times in 150 Posts
    Blog Entries

You are wrong. On the (NBC) news last night, Guatemalan officials were saying that any monetary aid should go to international relief organizations rather than local or national govt. -- because of the corruption you mentioned. Our govt. is a lot more informed on what's going on than you are, or me either.
    I disagree with that assessment primarily because it does NOT address the “root cause” of illegal immigration. Also bear in mind that it took a GUATEMALAN official to point out that his own government was too corrupt to be trusted! Biden’s knee jerk reaction was to throw money at a corrupt government, probably because corruption recognizes corruption(hell, look at what they’re doing with iran and the palestinian authority). A much better approach would be to reinstate Trump’s remain in Mexico policy and reroute that 4 billion to AMERICAN relief organizations working on the US/Mexico border. That still won’t address the root of the problem, but no one ever does(and yes that includes Trump)and that’s because it’s not America’s problem to solve.
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Callinectes For This Post:

ExpressLane (06-10-2021)