Thread: Trump reassuming the presidency by August

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Who is "they" and if they are then give us a link. "Sources say" is just code for "It's made up, but about Trump so we say whatever we want and TrumpHaters always believe it." Even the ones who think they are smart will believe whatever somebody says so long as it is negative about Trump.
    No, it is not code for that. I suppose you think Watergate was made up too?

2. The Following User Groans At Concart For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (06-07-2021)

3. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    No, it is not code for that. I suppose you think Watergate was made up too?
    Not quite, and you missed again. I think you may be playing the wrong board game. Again, link us up to "them" telling us all about this August thing... I heard Trump this AM during an interview note that he was not going to run for Senate in 2022 but didn't rule out running for President in 2024. If he really thought that he was going to installed in August and was telling "all those around him" that he was, he wouldn't be thinking about running in 2024 now would he?
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

4. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,768 Times in 27,242 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

Who is "they" and if they are then give us a link. "Sources say" is just code for "It's made up, but about Trump so we say whatever we want and TrumpHaters always believe it." Even the ones who think they are smart will believe whatever somebody says so long as it is negative about Trump.
    “People are saying”

Is said by trump constantly to offer up lies

You have become a pathetic cult member damo

5. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (06-07-2021)

6. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,768 Times in 27,242 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

7. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

christiefan915 (06-07-2021)

8. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,408 Times in 53,282 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Not quite, and you missed again. I think you may be playing the wrong board game. Again, link us up to "them" telling us all about this August thing... I heard Trump this AM during an interview note that he was not going to run for Senate in 2022 but didn't rule out running for President in 2024. If he really thought that he was going to installed in August and was telling "all those around him" that he was, he wouldn't be thinking about running in 2024 now would he?
    "“Donald Trump, I believe, will be back in by the end of August,” Lindell said in a late-May appearance on former Trump adviser Steve Bannon’s War Room podcast, claiming that even liberals like MSNBC host Rachel Maddow would admit the election was stolen. (So far, Maddow has not.)

"Other top Trump allies have claimed that Trump could soon return to office. “He can simply be reinstated, but a new inauguration date is set, and Biden is told to move out of the White House, and President Trump should be moved back in,” pro-Trump lawyer Sidney Powell told a QAnon conference last weekend.

"But the August deadline seems to be unique to Lindell. “The August part is me,” Lindell told Bannon in another podcast appearance in March."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/mypill...oration-notion
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

christiefan915 (06-07-2021)

10. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

If he really thought that he was going to installed in August and was telling "all those around him" that he was, he wouldn't be thinking about running in 2024 now would he?
    you're assuming Trump can actually 'think' beyond self-enrichment, preposterous

11. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

'Them', is not the same as 'anonymous sources or 'sources close to the President'. It's nuance. My board game is, I guess, more complicated and nuanced than yours. I'd rather play chess than checkers. My board game isn't wrong, it's just different than yours. I'm the chess master. I'm sure you're very good at checkers. Congrats.

Your conclusion is illogical. Trump lies when the truth will do. You have no idea what his statement means, and your conclusion requires a massive leap.

12. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

'Them', is not the same as 'anonymous sources or 'sources close to the President'. It's nuance. My board game is, I guess, more complicated and nuanced than yours. I'd rather play chess than checkers. My board game isn't wrong, it's just different than yours. I'm the chess master. I'm sure you're very good at checkers. Congrats.

Your conclusion is illogical. Trump lies when the truth will do. You have no idea what his statement means, and your conclusion requires a massive leap.
    Unfortunately your daddy must have told you that Candyland was "chess" because your feels (nuance) are not a valid source of information.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

13. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,897 Times in 21,661 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,691 Times in 5,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

people who are not not necessarily online.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

14. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Unfortunately your daddy must have told you that Candyland was "chess" because your feels (nuance) are not a valid source of information.
    When you are down to ad homs, you lose, whether it's chess or candy land.

Carry on.

15. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,468 Times in 3,392 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,143 Times in 1,048 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    Why are none of the JPP cultists posting about Trump's psychotic claim that he'll snatch the presidency from Biden by August? Do they not believe their fuhrer any longer? Are they embarrassed to attach their names to yet another lie? This story seems strangely quiet here.
    They are overcome with happiness, unable to speak so great is their emotion over this pronouncement from on high. When August comes and Trump's only movement is riding in a golf court they'll take a breath and start waiting all over again.
    "Give pearls away and rubies but keep your fancy free."

16. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I know Trumptards don't understand this, but there is a code of ethics in Journalism. No one who follows that code is posting an independent source without fact checking independently what the source is saying. Therefore, when considering whether an anonymous source or a source close to 'x', the entity that's reporting that is instructive as to whether or not we believe it. The NYT does not make shit up. It isn't fake news. They verify, they fact check, and they don't go with a story unless they are 100% confident that the story is accurate. When they make mistakes (and they do happen), their competition can't wait to hammer them on those mistakes. Brietbart does not hold itself to that standard. So claiming that those sources are just making things up is lazy and sloppy.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Concart For This Post:

Diesel (06-07-2021), martin (06-07-2021)

18. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,468 Times in 3,392 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,143 Times in 1,048 Posts

I know Trumptards don't understand this, but there is a code of ethics in Journalism. No one who follows that code is posting an independent source without fact checking independently what the source is saying. Therefore, when considering whether an anonymous source or a source close to 'x', the entity that's reporting that is instructive as to whether or not we believe it. The NYT does not make shit up. It isn't fake news. They verify, they fact check, and they don't go with a story unless they are 100% confident that the story is accurate. When they make mistakes (and they do happen), their competition can't wait to hammer them on those mistakes. Brietbart does not hold itself to that standard. So claiming that those sources are just making things up is lazy and sloppy.
    It's also a code of standards. Before starting a different career I spent five and a half years as a newspaper reporter and editor working under that standard with others doing the same. It's aggravating to hear people who couldn't write a piece of journalism to save their lives put down the "the main stream press".
    "Give pearls away and rubies but keep your fancy free."

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to martin For This Post:

christiefan915 (06-07-2021), Concart (06-07-2021)

20. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    It's also a code of standards. Before starting a different career I spent five and a half years as a newspaper reporter and editor working under that standard with others doing the same. It's aggravating to hear people who couldn't write a piece of journalism to save their lives put down the "the main stream press".
    Agreed. And standards is more easily understood by the Trumptards, the concept of ethics is lost on them. A major component of evaluating the veracity of something is to consider the source using critical thinking skills. Again, right over their heads, but I digress. When evaluating a factual article, I ask 'who is the author', 'who published the article', 'what is their record for being accurate','does it pass the common sense test' that type of stuff. They consider an email to be as valid as an article in the NYT. The stupidity is sublime.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Concart For This Post:

Diesel (06-07-2021), martin (06-07-2021)

22. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,832 Times in 17,264 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,599 Times in 4,277 Posts

Plenty of stories about Trump thinking he will be back in office. https://www.azcentral.com/story/opin...pt/7505953002/