Page 1 of 33 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Lies About CRT makes it worse

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 40 Times in 35 Posts

Default Lies About CRT makes it worse

First, I am not "all in" on CRT. However, like most theories, I am not all in. For me, that is why it is a theory. It is an idea, not proven, but sometimes worthy of discussion. In my experience, if CRT is presented that way, as an idea, not fact, it is a great tool to encourage critical thinking.

Unfortunately, when encouraging critical thinking, the context is important. Articles like this, are a disservice because of how misleading they are. Moreover, by misleading people, the real concerns that could actually improve teaching and learning, are overshadowed by misplaced anger.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/rhode-...heory-requests

""""I was also told that they refrain from using gendered terminology in general terms of anti-racism. I was told that kids in kindergarten are asked what could have been done differently at Thanksgiving, and this struck me as a way to shame children for their American heritage," Solas said."""

Ok, told they did something. Great, but in what context. What else was included in the lesson? If the only mention of Thanksgiving was this assignment then there is a problem. Personally, I doubt that. Asking that question, even of kindergarten students, is worthwhile. Just saying everyone got along, end of story is misleading and insults the truth.

"""Solas was advised by the school district to submit a public records request through the Access to Public Records Act. Upon receiving some information, Solas said she "did not see any evidence of gender theory or anti-racism" but knew that it was being taught to students."""

No evidence but she knew. Wow, that is just insane. She has no credibility on this but according to the article, "she knew". No wonder people are confusing a theory with propaganda and propaganda with fact.

"""CRT curriculum has sparked a national conversation about the role of race and racism in school districts across the country.*Often compared by critics to actual racism, CRT is a school of thought*that generally focuses on how power structures and institutions impact racial minorities."""

Nice that at the end of the article convincing people AGAIN of the horrors of CRT they present a factual summary of what CRT actually is. Unfortunately, if you read the comments you will quickly realize the propaganda worked. CRT is anti-American hate.

True garbage. Even for fox, this is disappointing.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Whythink For This Post:

AProudLefty (06-04-2021), Cypress (06-08-2021), LV426 (06-03-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,327 Times in 1,987 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 174 Posts

Thanksgiving is used by psychology to explain the toxic family. Quite a few fights break out because of childhood trauma. There's only 1 or 2 family members left at the table once emotion is released. Kindergarten is a good place to start allowing kids to express their thoughts.

Theory requires consensus and becomes accepted with enough evidence. Institutional racism is a proven fact.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 77 Times in 75 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Whythink View Post
    if CRT is presented
    The operative word ... do you actually think it will be presented objectively and as a theory vice fact ???

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,244 Times in 13,391 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 840 Times in 799 Posts

Critical Race Theory derives from Critical Legal Theory that derives from Critical Pedagogy. Those are incontrovertible facts. Critical Pedagogy is Marxist in origin and is based solidly on the use of indoctrination and propaganda to radicalize those exposed to it. The purpose of Critical Race Theory is to create radical Leftists seeped in racism and hatred.

6. The Following User Groans At T. A. Gardner For This Awful Post:

Nordberg (06-06-2021)

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

anonymoose (06-03-2021), Callinectes (06-03-2021), Darth Omar (06-03-2021), Grokmaster (06-03-2021), Matt Dillon (06-05-2021)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,327 Times in 1,987 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 174 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Critical Race Theory derives from Critical Legal Theory that derives from Critical Pedagogy. Those are incontrovertible facts. Critical Pedagogy is Marxist in origin and is based solidly on the use of indoctrination and propaganda to radicalize those exposed to it. The purpose of Critical Race Theory is to create radical Leftists seeped in racism and hatred.
    Critical Pedagogy is basically an attempt to teach critical thinking.

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 40 Times in 35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    The operative word ... do you actually think it will be presented objectively and as a theory vice fact ???
    If you start with the premise that public educators are liberals looking to indoctrinate children then nothing can really be taught other than agreed upon fact.

I completely disagree with that premise, so yes, I believe critical thinking is the goal, not indoctrination.

My experience supports this despite the propaganda out there that provides limited examples of the opposite.

Good teachers will acknowledge it as theory. The few exceptions will not.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Whythink For This Post:

christiefan915 (06-09-2021), Doc Dutch (06-03-2021)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,357 Times in 52,408 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

First, I am not "all in" on CRT. However, like most theories, I am not all in. For me, that is why it is a theory. It is an idea, not proven, but sometimes worthy of discussion. In my experience, if CRT is presented that way, as an idea, not fact, it is a great tool to encourage critical thinking.
    Dude, “theory” is in it’s name: Critical Race Theory. You wrote an entire paragraph stating you think a theory is a theory.

FWIW, while I disagree with this theory for multiple reasons, I’m against banning discussion in schools.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

AProudLefty (06-04-2021)

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If you start with the premise that public educators are liberals looking to indoctrinate children then nothing can really be taught other than agreed upon fact.

I completely disagree with that premise, so yes, I believe critical thinking is the goal, not indoctrination.

My experience supports this despite the propaganda out there that provides limited examples of the opposite.

Good teachers will acknowledge it as theory. The few exceptions will not.
    Agreed teaching critical thinking is the goal.

Sure, kids need a background of knowledge to build upon, but the goal should be to teach them how to think, not “what” to think.

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Have you considered giving them some of yours so they don’t have to reinvent the wheel?

If kids learn critical thinking, then it won’t matter what they are taught. Consider that if Marxism is banned in schools, then it becomes a forbidden subject that attracts kids like old Playboys and smoking.

Better, and more American, IMO, to teach critical thinking and stop this banning bullshit.

An example is to teach the history of Marxism, warts and all, then query the students about its pros and cons. Most mothers teach their kids to share. Isn’t that Marxism? How about the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one? Ban Star Trek too?

15. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,317 Times in 9,825 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Unfortunately, when encouraging critical thinking, the context is important. Articles like this, are a disservice because of how misleading they are. Moreover, by misleading people, the real concerns that could actually improve teaching and learning, are overshadowed by misplaced anger.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/rhode-...heory-requests

""""I was also told that they refrain from using gendered terminology in general terms of anti-racism. I was told that kids in kindergarten are asked what could have been done differently at Thanksgiving, and this struck me as a way to shame children for their American heritage," Solas said."""

Ok, told they did something. Great, but in what context. What else was included in the lesson? If the only mention of Thanksgiving was this assignment then there is a problem. Personally, I doubt that. Asking that question, even of kindergarten students, is worthwhile. Just saying everyone got along, end of story is misleading and insults the truth.

"""Solas was advised by the school district to submit a public records request through the Access to Public Records Act. Upon receiving some information, Solas said she "did not see any evidence of gender theory or anti-racism" but knew that it was being taught to students."""

No evidence but she knew. Wow, that is just insane. She has no credibility on this but according to the article, "she knew". No wonder people are confusing a theory with propaganda and propaganda with fact.

"""CRT curriculum has sparked a national conversation about the role of race and racism in school districts across the country.*Often compared by critics to actual racism, CRT is a school of thought*that generally focuses on how power structures and institutions impact racial minorities."""

Nice that at the end of the article convincing people AGAIN of the horrors of CRT they present a factual summary of what CRT actually is. Unfortunately, if you read the comments you will quickly realize the propaganda worked. CRT is anti-American hate.

True garbage. Even for fox, this is disappointing.
    it's made into policy, dipshit.

its a threat to all non racists. it is racism and divisiveness.

it's divide and conquer.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Blackwater Lunchbreak For This Post:

Grumpy (06-03-2021)

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Have you considered giving them some of yours so they don’t have to reinvent the wheel?

If kids learn critical thinking, then it won’t matter what they are taught. Consider that if Marxism is banned in schools, then it becomes a forbidden subject that attracts kids like old Playboys and smoking.

Better, and more American, IMO, to teach critical thinking and stop this banning bullshit.

An example is to teach the history of Marxism, warts and all, then query the students about its pros and cons. Most mothers teach their kids to share. Isn’t that Marxism? How about the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one? Ban Star Trek too?
    lol.

and this from you after months of trying to silence others.

you're an idiotic fraud.

18. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    lol.

and this from you after months of trying to silence others.

you're an idiotic fraud.
    If that were true, then it should be easy for you to post three examples. If you can’t, then everyone will see who is really the “idiotic fraud”.

19. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    If that were true, then it should be easy for you to post three examples. If you can’t, then everyone will see who is really the “idiotic fraud”.
    everyone already knows it's you.

20. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    everyone already knows it's you.
    Maybe so, maybe not. Why do you think they would?

Do you think fact you can’t produce any evidence of your claims, and are obviously pulling it out of your ass, will help you or hurt you?

21. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,967 Times in 32,282 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goat View Post
    Institutional racism is a proven fact.
    lib'rul stupidity is a proven fact......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”