Page 47 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Thread: Was 2020 election stolen or not?

1. #691 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    It was one assumption of those who supported changing voter laws
    That you irresponsibly repeated.

By repeating lies like that, you become complicit in the lie because you are giving space and room for it to breathe.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. #692 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Read carefully and you will see that I never said I thought those laws were needed..
    But by repeating it, Flash, you give it legitimacy.

Do you understand that your actions by merely repeating that shit are proliferating the bad faith??

You asked why those laws were passed and I gave you one reason as expressed by those supporting the law.
    A reason that is demonstrably false, and you know it's false.

So by giving it that space, you're elevating it and treating it as if it is legitimate.

Would you appreciate it if I kept repeating something false about you that someone else said, so that every conversation has to start with you trying to delegitimize these false things?

3. #693 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,750 Times in 4,500 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post

By repeating lies like that, you become complicit in the lie because you are giving space and room for it to breathe.
    Complete BS. I did not repeat a lie. I gave you a reason why somebody did something because you asked. Whether that person's reason is legitimate is irrelevant.

That goes along with your fascist attitude to deprive those of speech you don't like. You are the perfect example of the authoritarian liberal.

4. #694 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Complete BS. I did not repeat a lie. I gave you a reason why somebody did something because you asked. Whether that person's reason is legitimate is irrelevant. We want all views to "breathe" so we can reject those we don't like.

That goes along with your fascist attitude to deprive those of speech you don't like. You are the perfect example of the authoritarian liberal.

I don't enjoy spending my life insulting and attacking others with trivial points.

5. #695 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    If you don't look will never find fraud.
    In your case, the call is coming from inside the house.

There are MANY affidavits from Republicans and Democrats alleging voter fraud.
    None of which anyone is willing to testify under oath in front of a judge.

6. #696 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

But by repeating it, Flash, you give it legitimacy.

Do you understand that your actions by merely repeating that shit are proliferating the bad faith??

A reason that is demonstrably false, and you know it's false.

So by giving it that space, you're elevating it and treating it as if it is legitimate.

Would you appreciate it if I kept repeating something false about you that someone else said, so that every conversation has to start with you trying to delegitimize these false things?
    Then why did you ask me why they passed the laws? If their reasons are false you are the one inviting me to spread their views by answering your question. You did not want a real answer--you wanted something to rant about and throw around more insults and hate.

7. #697 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Complete BS. I did not repeat a lie. I gave you a reason why somebody did something because you asked. Whether that person's reason is legitimate is irrelevant.
    You did repeat a lie...the lie that there was election fraud. You quite literally repeated it, and its legitimacy is wholly relevant because you're presenting their lie as legitimate.

If I was your neighbor, and I erected a flag that depicted your house on fire, your family's charred corpses on the front lawn, you hanging from a noose, with me dancing around your hanging body while holding a lit match and gasoline can, and then got all your other neighbors to fly the same flag, and then managed to get that flag placed everywhere in the public space where you had to see it every day, you'd go running to the police so fast complaining about harassment and threats that their heads would spin.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

evince (06-15-2021)

9. #698 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Then why did you ask me why they passed the laws
    Because I wanted you to repeat their lie in order for me to make my main point. And you did precisely that.

If their reasons are false you are the one inviting me to spread their views by answering your question.
    So you don't think you bear any responsibility to point out that what you are repeating is false?

You did not want a real answer--you wanted something to rant about and throw around more insults and hate.
    I wanted you to blunder your way into an argument about your personal responsibility to the truth, and you did.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Taichiliberal (06-14-2021)

11. #699 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You did repeat a lie...the lie that there was election fraud. You quite literally repeated it, and its legitimacy is wholly relevant because you're presenting their lie as legitimate.
    And you just repeated that lie yourself. I never presented it as legitimate. I presented it as their reason.

I repeated a lot of your claims that were lies, but that does not mean I was legitimizing them. I was explaining why you were wrong.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Doc Dutch (06-14-2021)

13. #700 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,361 Times in 52,411 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

computer hiccup
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

14. #701 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,361 Times in 52,411 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Then why did you ask me why they passed the laws? If their reasons are false you are the one inviting me to spread their views by answering your question. You did not want a real answer--you wanted something to rant about and throw around more insults and hate.
    LV, as a young woman, tends to see the world mostly in emotional terms, not coldly logical terms. She wants you to share her angst at the assholes pushing the Big Lie, not have you explain why they are assholes.

Because I wanted you to repeat their lie in order for me to make my main point. And you did precisely that.

So you don't think you bear any responsibility to point out that what you are repeating is false?

I wanted you to blunder your way into an argument about your personal responsibility to the truth, and you did.
    QED

The classic "undisciplined mind of a human being".
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

15. #702 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

And you just repeated that lie yourself. I never presented it as legitimate. I presented it as their reason.
    Flash that's the same thing...by not qualifying what you repeated, you helped proliferate the lie.

I repeated a lot of your claims that were lies, but that does not mean I was legitimizing them. I was explaining why you were wrong.
    I understand you think you bear no responsibility to the truth.

That's why you're a shitty person.

16. #703 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    LV, as a young woman, tends to see the world mostly in emotional terms, not coldly logical terms. She wants you to share her angst at the assholes pushing the Big Lie, not have you explain why they are assholes.
    So a couple things about you:

You don't have the courage of your convictions. What you do is try and bait people so that they will pay attention to you, which in your mind legitimizes all the shit you do. If everyone on this board decided at the same time to completely ignore you, you would go even further with your bad faith attempts to force feedback because deep down, you know you're full of shit, and you know we know you're full of shit.

Secondly, it's interesting how you think calling me a young woman is some kind of put down or petulant attempt at baiting, when you are probably the most emotional person on JPP who feels he has to go so far to say he isn't emotional.

My posts, for whatever reason, really get under your skin...and they get so deeply under your skin that your insecurity manifests itself in bullshit like this.

You can't stand that I make consistent points here while you do not, so you try to diminish me, rather than tackle the argument you know you can't win.

Sad.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Taichiliberal (06-14-2021)

18. #704 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Really? Explain. You talk a big game, let's see you back it up.

19. #705 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Really? Explain. You talk a big game, let's see you back it up.