Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: Are Newsmax, OANN, and Fox Media threats to American Democracy?

1. #226 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 176 Times in 163 Posts

Fox like many anti-American democracy sources lies to their audience. They are foreign owned and care nada for America. Excellent coverage in YouTube below.

"New evidence from a defamation lawsuit reveals Fox hosts and staff secretly viewed Trump’s election lies as "mind-blowingly nuts," "reckless" and "insane" while promoting the claims and related guests on air."

'Fox News admits the 'B.S.' in leaked text scandal: Hosts secretly trashed Trump lies'

Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

2. #227 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,418 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 111 Times in 104 Posts

Russel Brand stated on Bill Maher Fox is no different than MSNBC and CNN, I tend agree with him.

Doc Dutch finally admits he is a steaming pile of chickenshit!

3. #228 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Honesty and democracy won today. Time Americans paid attention and recognized the fact Fox OANN and Newsmax are propaganda networks that promote lies that support political agendas that are not honest and do not support America's freedom and values.

"There is nothing in those documents to show they operate like a real news organization," said Doug Gordon, a Democratic strategist. "If you are running a campaign in 2024, how do you in good faith hand your ads to Fox when you know they handed them over to Republicans? If there are any general election debates, how do you let Fox be a moderator?"

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/0...tions-00085469

'Fox News Lost the Lawsuit.... The network will pay $787.5 million to Dominion Voting Systems as the price of retaining its audience.'

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...on-war/673760/
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

4. The Following User Says Thank You to midcan5 For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (04-24-2023)

5. #229 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,603 Times in 51,909 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Part II is Smartmatic.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (04-24-2023)

7. #230 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Wow who would have thought Tucker would be fired! I guess his Jan 6th lies and his racist thought caught up with him. But reading article below demonstrates how Fox is just another daytime soap opera with cast and characters. And still Americans tune and buy in.

'Why Did Fox News Fire Tucker Carlson? Revelations from recent lawsuits may have led to his sudden downfall.'

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2023...-fox-news.html

"The high-pitched squeals and goofy facial expressions were the superficial expressions. The deeper and more sinister aspect of Carlson’s success was his realization that his audience craved racist and nativist resentment in higher doses than his predecessor had been able to supply."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to midcan5 For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (04-24-2023)

9. #231 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    Wow who would have thought Tucker would be fired! I guess his Jan 6th lies and his racist thought caught up with him. But reading article below demonstrates how Fox is just another daytime soap opera with cast and characters. And still Americans tune and buy in.

'Why Did Fox News Fire Tucker Carlson? Revelations from recent lawsuits may have led to his sudden downfall.'

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2023...-fox-news.html

"The high-pitched squeals and goofy facial expressions were the superficial expressions. The deeper and more sinister aspect of Carlson’s success was his realization that his audience craved racist and nativist resentment in higher doses than his predecessor had been able to supply."
    Fox did to Tucker what the Army did to 2Lt Calley after Mai Lai.

IMO, Tucker is only the first of several sacrificial lambs that Fox will use to escape the consequences of their actions.

10. #232 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I rarely watch Fox but it seems they have changed a bit? On the other hand, OAN and Newsmax are as anti-democracy as ever. You'd think the only thing going on in the world was Hunter Biden's laptop. Come on folks, he is a private citizen, do they ever mention Jared or Ivanka? hmm...

'Why Conservatives Can’t Stop Acquiring Media Companies'

'Recent conservative media acquisitions reflect the right's long-standing desire for mainstream acceptance of unpopular ideas.'

https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...itter-00064443

11. #233 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    I rarely watch Fox but it seems they have changed a bit?

On the other hand, OAN and Newsmax are as anti-democracy as ever.

You'd think the only thing going on in the world was Hunter Biden's laptop. Come on folks, he is a private citizen, do they ever mention Jared or Ivanka? hmm...

'Why Conservatives Can’t Stop Acquiring Media Companies'
    'Recent conservative media acquisitions reflect the right's long-standing desire for mainstream acceptance of unpopular ideas.'
    https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...itter-00064443
    Billion dollar lawsuits will do that. When the investors are looking at suing those in charge, i.e. the Murdochs, that will also cause change.

OAN and Newsmax don't have as much to lose. They'll just fold up shop, create a new name and pop up elsewhere on Youtube and Twitter.

In a way, it's a good thing the only thing the Alt-Right can bitch about Joe Biden is that his only remaining son is a dirtbag. Agreed, no one is going after the Trump kids...although I think there's a good chance Don Jr. and/or Eric could end up in court over the 1/6 coup attempt.

IIrony The Alt-Right constantly bitches and whines about the MSM....but now they are the MSM. LOL