Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Right Wing fact-checkers in the news

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,174 Times in 5,911 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 593 Times in 557 Posts

Default Right Wing fact-checkers in the news

Far-right blog whips up bizarre conspiracy about Joe Biden "pretending" to drive Ford truck

A notable right-wing blogger is misleading thousands on Facebook with false claims

A pro-Trump blog stirred up a bizarre conspiracy theory Wednesday, claiming that President Joe Biden wasn't actually driving during a Tuesday event in which the 78-year-old took an electric truck for a spin in front of the press.

The claim originated on right-wing blog The Gateway Pundit, an outfit known for their rather obscure relationship with the facts. The publication claimed in a post that Biden was not diving but instead "pretending" to be behind the wheel of an electric Ford F-150 test truck during a visit to a Dearborn, Michigan Ford Motor Company plant.

"This sucker's quick," Biden said after speeding around the race track to members of the press.

On Wednesday, however, Gateway Pundit founder Jim Hoft floated the idea that Biden wasn't actually controlling the truck's wheel.

"Following his speech, the declining septuagenarian was put in an electric vehicle where he pretended to be driving," Hoft claimed. "This was all a show by his handlers to make Joe Biden look like he's in charge."

Hoft, who is known as "a pro-Trump conspiracy theorist and hoaxer," went on to write that "Joe wasn't driving" before asserting, "it was all a stunt."

The Gateway Pundit has a long history of publishing inaccuracies and easily debunked conspiracy theories, notably hiring right-wing smear artist Jacob Wohl and publishing several of the hoaxster's false claims.

In October of 2018, Wohl posted a document to the site baselessly alleging then-Special Counsel Robert Mueller of sexually assaulting a non-existent woman. The website eventually walked back the claims (and suspended Wohl as a writer) after the article was thoroughly debunked.

"On Thursday, the Gateway Pundit suspended our relationship with Jacob," Hoft penned at the time. "We need to collect more information on this explosive situation. We are not afraid to take chances, as you well know, but we want to also be careful and accurate."

The site, which is monetized and relies on low-quality ad content, currently appears to have a mutually beneficial partnership with 2020 election fraud conspiracy theorist and MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell — hawking Lindell's products from dog beds to his company's namesake pillows.

Republican Congressman Ken Buck:
    “We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

christiefan915 (05-21-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

“We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

evince (05-21-2021)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,875 Times in 8,272 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 590 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Capitalist View Post
    Far-right blog whips up bizarre conspiracy about Joe Biden "pretending" to drive Ford truck

A notable right-wing blogger is misleading thousands on Facebook with false claims

A pro-Trump blog stirred up a bizarre conspiracy theory Wednesday, claiming that President Joe Biden wasn't actually driving during a Tuesday event in which the 78-year-old took an electric truck for a spin in front of the press.

The claim originated on right-wing blog The Gateway Pundit, an outfit known for their rather obscure relationship with the facts. The publication claimed in a post that Biden was not diving but instead "pretending" to be behind the wheel of an electric Ford F-150 test truck during a visit to a Dearborn, Michigan Ford Motor Company plant.

"This sucker's quick," Biden said after speeding around the race track to members of the press.

On Wednesday, however, Gateway Pundit founder Jim Hoft floated the idea that Biden wasn't actually controlling the truck's wheel.

"Following his speech, the declining septuagenarian was put in an electric vehicle where he pretended to be driving," Hoft claimed. "This was all a show by his handlers to make Joe Biden look like he's in charge."

Hoft, who is known as "a pro-Trump conspiracy theorist and hoaxer," went on to write that "Joe wasn't driving" before asserting, "it was all a stunt."

The Gateway Pundit has a long history of publishing inaccuracies and easily debunked conspiracy theories, notably hiring right-wing smear artist Jacob Wohl and publishing several of the hoaxster's false claims.

In October of 2018, Wohl posted a document to the site baselessly alleging then-Special Counsel Robert Mueller of sexually assaulting a non-existent woman. The website eventually walked back the claims (and suspended Wohl as a writer) after the article was thoroughly debunked.

"On Thursday, the Gateway Pundit suspended our relationship with Jacob," Hoft penned at the time. "We need to collect more information on this explosive situation. We are not afraid to take chances, as you well know, but we want to also be careful and accurate."

The site, which is monetized and relies on low-quality ad content, currently appears to have a mutually beneficial partnership with 2020 election fraud conspiracy theorist and MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell — hawking Lindell's products from dog beds to his company's namesake pillows.

That fucking imbecile is a pretend human being just like you. You're a filthy fucking cunt just like the filthy fucking cunt in the oval office.

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Today, 07:55 AM
    Yagina
    Verified Moron
    This message is hidden because Yagina is on your ignore list.

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

In a recent report from Bloomberg, White House Climate Advisor Gina McCarthy addressed President Biden’s electric vehicle plan, saying that Biden is “looking to invest more than $170 billion and he’s going to build out the electric charging stations that we need for consumers to buy these vehicles and feel confident that they can get where they want to go and back again.”

The Biden administration has proposed a multitrillion-dollar infrastructure plan that includes EV rebates, as well as 500,000 new electric vehicle charging stations.

While an existing tax credit of $7,500 is currently in place for some electric vehicle buyers, General Motors has already exceeded the 200,000-unit limit required for customers to receive the credit. However, while the existing tax credit is criticized as benefitting primarily wealthy buyers, the new point-of-sale EV rebate is believed to provide greater incentive for low- and middle-income buyers as well.

The Biden administration is framing the new EV rebate and infrastructure investment as necessary components to competing with China.

“The president is concerned that China is far ahead of us in the electric vehicle market,” McCarthy told Bloomberg. “Instead of producing the technologies of the future, we are importing them from somewhere else.”

President Biden previously announced plans to replace the existing federal fleet with new electric vehicles. It is estimated that the federal fleet currently encompasses some 645,000 vehicles, including trucks, SUVs, and cars. Of those 645,000 vehicles, just 3,215 are EVs. Replacing the entire federal fleet is estimated to cost upwards of $20 billion.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

evince (05-21-2021)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

The oil industry won’t be able to stop this progress by funding the Republican Party and Fucks news like they have in the past

Euthanize the evil dying party

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to evince For This Post:

Joe Capitalist (05-21-2021), Micawber (05-21-2021)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    The oil industry won’t be able to stop this progress by funding the Republican Party and Fucks news like they have in the past

No, I like them on life support for several reasons, among them the need that they stick around with this fascist brand long enough for it to be cemented into the stupid
    American consciousness. For if these fascists are allowed to pivot and rebrand into, and molt off this skin, I don't know, into say "a thousand points of light" or "compassionate conservatism,"
    it will belie the hate we now know is so prevalent in that organism. And that will allow the fucking grey haired grandmothers who watch Fox all day to slip into
    denial about what they aided and abetted. I will not allow these scum to pretend they are decent patriots. Death of the party is not death of people.

Short answer, NO, they need to live for me to rub their noses in their shit.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

evince (05-21-2021)

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    No, I like them on life support for several reasons, among them the need that they stick around with this fascist brand long enough for it to be cemented into the stupid
    American consciousness. For if these fascists are allowed to pivot and rebrand into, and molt off this skin, I don't know, into say "a thousand points of light" or "compassionate conservatism,"
    it will belie the hate we now know is so prevalent in that organism. And that will allow the fucking grey haired grandmothers who watch Fox all day to slip into
    denial about what they aided and abetted. I will not allow these scum to pretend they are decent patriots. Death of the party is not death of people.

Short answer, NO, they need to live for me to rub their noses in their shit.

You mean grandpas not grandmas

It’s a very male party

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post

It's like the Horse-n-buggy industry when Henry Ford started making the Model T.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

evince (05-21-2021)

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Why does the left pride itself on their ignorance? The left trifecta of stupid is answering itself on this thread.

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,761 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,342 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

I am going to pretend to be Leroy Jenkins and post this.

18. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Why does the left pride itself on their ignorance? The left trifecta of stupid is answering itself on this thread.
    Poopeye, when it comes to stupidity, you are the grand master.
    Lock Him Up

19. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    I hope you realize that the claim about the second steering wheel is false, right?

20. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Heh. There he is. Good boy.

21. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    I hope you realize that the claim about the second steering wheel is false, right?
    the dope only watches Fox, he has no idea