Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: I think the Democratic party should move on.

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,496 Times in 7,584 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Turgid Member View Post
    Forgive me if I do this wrong, this is my first thread.

I think the democratic party should move on from trump. any attention they give him obi-wan's him for his base. if we were to forget him and move on to biden's agenda and the future, placing him in the past, it would relegate him to the dust bin of history.

If we keep making him an issue with who is prosecuting him, or if he can stay at his florida golf course we give him legitimacy. Shouldn't we just "ghost him"?

This is my opinion I feel its a current event but if I am wrong in how I started this thread, I beg the staff's pardon.
    I would have put it in politics but current events is a catch all.

But I think you're right. Not good for dims in the long run. As the saying goes , if you're going to get revenge dig two graves. One is for yourself.

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,263 Times in 7,145 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,197 Times in 1,112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    I'm not a Democrat and can't speak for them. My problem with Trump is that he hijacked the Republican party and obliterated it into irrelevance. In a two-party system, we have to have a functional conservative party.

So my favored solutions are, in order, 1.) create a shit ton of new parties that have to create coalitions with each other to govern and then 2.) replace the Republican party with something that hasn't greedily swallowed Trump's McDonald's sharts for the past 5 years.
    My heart goes out to you true Republicans for the loss of your party.

And an official split of your party probably wouldn't be advised as we all know how that would turn out for Trump's Party and the Republican party as neither could win in 2020 if that happens.

The only way you are going to get your party back is hanging touch, continuing the good fight, and standing up to the TRUMPLICANS!

Organize your town halls for some upcoming Town Hall debate sessions and get your HOUSE MEMBERS AND SENATORS TO COME AND HOLD THEMSELVES ACCOUNTABLE AND ADDRESS THE PARTY PROBLEMS BEING CAUSED BY DONALD TRUMP AND HIS MINIONS!

Good luck PAL- AND PATRIOT!

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,827 Times in 3,623 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 368 Times in 352 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    My heart goes out to you true Republicans for the loss of your party.

And an official split of your party probably wouldn't be advised as we all know how that would turn out for Trump's Party and the Republican party as neither could win in 2020 if that happens.

The only way you are going to get your party back is hanging touch, continuing the good fight, and standing up to the TRUMPLICANS!

Organize your town halls for some upcoming Town Hall debate sessions and get your HOUSE MEMBERS AND SENATORS TO COME AND HOLD THEMSELVES ACCOUNTABLE AND ADDRESS THE PARTY PROBLEMS BEING CAUSED BY DONALD TRUMP AND HIS MINIONS!

Good luck PAL- AND PATRIOT!
    I've actually never registered with a political party, but I did used to vote for Republicans sometimes.

Now they can all go fuck themselves right to death. They gave their party and their souls to Trump. I will probably never vote for another Republican for the rest of my life.

The problem is that most of the Democrats are only marginally better than the Republicans. They can't govern alone. That's why I say that we need lots of small political parties. At a minimum, the Republican party needs to be scorched from the face of the planet. Trump, McConnell, and McCarthy have that just about finished.

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,108 Times in 3,183 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 137 Times in 133 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    You mean just ignore the potential danger? That's risky.
    What do you have in mind? What is the risk? He has no political future. His legal troubles will go on for years. The Republicans who really run the party don't want him.

5. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 69 Times in 67 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Controlled Opposition View Post
    What do you have in mind? What is the risk? He has no political future. His legal troubles will go on for years. The Republicans who really run the party don't want him.
    the RINOS need to go

6. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trump has forever stained the Republican party, from his wall of hate to his riot on our own capitol.

He has tattooed the brand antidemocratic, anti-pluralistic, neo-fascist, authoritarian, conspiracy theory driven, traitorous party of lies. Within 10 years high school textbooks will be recording the event.
    And when your grandkid is on your knee your going to lie about your participation, your vote and remembrance of it all, because of your shame.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

Diesel (05-21-2021)

8. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,340 Times in 8,498 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

I think the democratic party should move on from trump. any attention they give him obi-wan's him for his base. if we were to forget him and move on to biden's agenda and the future, placing him in the past, it would relegate him to the dust bin of history.

If we keep making him an issue with who is prosecuting him, or if he can stay at his florida golf course we give him legitimacy. Shouldn't we just "ghost him"?

This is my opinion I feel its a current event but if I am wrong in how I started this thread, I beg the staff's pardon.
    Biden, and the leadership of the Democratic Party, are governing, not even thinking about trump anymore... Except for trying to investigate past terrorism, and trying to prevent future terrorism.

The Republican Party is still stuck on trump. I do not see any alternative for them anymore.

9. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,440 Times in 2,013 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 611 Times in 582 Posts

The Democrats should move on.
    The criminal justice system should prosecute Trump for his many crimes to the fullest extent of the law
    Tie Your 'roo down Mate

10. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,326 Times in 9,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 511 Times in 484 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Yes they should move on. The problem is that Trump and QRetards wouldn't shut up. They still present a danger to American's democracy.
    lol. no they don't. the danger to democracy is the anti-bill of rights, pro election fraud jackass party.
    morality is a set of beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors that facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships.

Trump Wins,
    by definition
    https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/trump

11. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mason? View Post
    The criminal justice system should prosecute Trump for his many crimes to the fullest extent of the law
    they've done that, and then some.

zip. zero. nada.
    morality is a set of beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors that facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships.

Trump Wins,
    by definition

12. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    Trump has forever stained the Republican party, from his wall of hate to his riot on our own capitol.

He has tattooed the brand antidemocratic, anti-pluralistic, neo-fascist, authoritarian, conspiracy theory driven, traitorous party of lies. Within 10 years high school textbooks will be recording the event.
    And when your grandkid is on your knee your going to lie about your participation, your vote and remembrance of it all, because of your shame.
    get off the glue.

Trump Wins,
    by definition

13. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The siege on the Capitol will be the midterm elections Democrat party political advertisement.
    Drop Trump and the spittle spewing hate liars like Gaetz, Greene and Jordan or else. And else is NEVER
    having power and a 24/7/365 news cycle focussed on your destruction.

Get right or die, traitors.

14. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mason? View Post
    How's no sit with you?

15. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,367 Times in 6,038 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 602 Times in 566 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    They were not all unarmed. I don't know why you keep repeating this lie.
    Because that's all he's got. If he doesn't lie, he loses the argument. He's gaslighting.
    Judge Juan M. Merchan wrote that Trump “appears to take the position that his situation and this case are unique and that the pre-trial publicity will never subside. However, this view does not align with reality.”

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

christiefan915 (05-21-2021)

17. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,440 Times in 2,013 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 611 Times in 582 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    they've done that, and then some.

zip. zero. nada.
    Treason isn't nada
    Tie Your 'roo down Mate