1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,495 Times in 7,584 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Question for level headed dems

Forget about Trump for a few minutes.

It’s obvious cities are going to hell in a hand basket. Murder is way up, carjackers have replaced the annoying windshield washers , one mayor won’t even take questions from white reporters.
    Cops are either defunded or not allowed to do their jobs like enforce vagrancy laws, even car theft and shoplifting are not responded to by police in my city although that should change with our newly elected mayor.
    Disturbing the peace by democrats in New Orleans with the clear intent to disrupt folks eating out is common behavior.
    Of course I can give more examples of the lawlessness that’s clearly happening but I think you get the point.

Is this really what you want? This is what you vote to enable.
    If so, why? Why do you want to live in hell holes?

And forget whataboutisms like asking why republicans live in trailer parks. Start your own thread on that.
    I’m just curious .

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,578 Times in 9,986 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 873 Times in 830 Posts

Its funny how the D's like to classify people and put them in little boxes. It really is. Case in point,....I would just about bet that few if any of the R posters in here actually live in trailer parks. And if some do,...what of it. Is that supposed to be somehow worse then living in some shitty section 8 apartment building? Pretty doubtful and in fact it may even be better.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,405 Times in 53,280 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Its funny how the D's like to classify people and put them in little boxes. It really is. Case in point,....I would just about bet that few if any of the R posters in here actually live in trailer parks. And if some do,...what of it. Is that supposed to be somehow worse then living in some shitty section 8 apartment building? Pretty doubtful and in fact it may even be better.
    It's funny how you (as in YOU personally, not (R)s in general) use living on a reservation and/or in a trailer as an insult.

Irony abounds. -- Legion
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post

It’s obvious cities are going to hell in a hand basket. Murder is way up, carjackers have replaced the annoying windshield washers , one mayor won’t even take questions from white reporters.
    Cops are either defunded or not allowed to do their jobs like enforce vagrancy laws, even car theft and shoplifting are not responded to by police in my city although that should change with our newly elected mayor.
    Disturbing the peace by democrats in New Orleans with the clear intent to disrupt folks eating out is common behavior.
    Of course I can give more examples of the lawlessness that’s clearly happening but I think you get the point.

And forget whataboutisms like asking why republicans live in trailer parks. Start your own thread on that.
    I’m just curious .
    In general, I reject your premise that cities are 'going to hell in a handbasket'. Given that, the rest is moot. I'm not much for anecdotal evidence, which is about all you produced. I think your claim about New Orleans is utter nonsense. The fact is that violent crime has been on a STEEP downward climb for almost 30 years. The uptick in the last year is obviously coronavirus related. The criminal justice system has been on hold, people have been cooped up, and there have been more opportunities to commit crimes because of the lack of people on the streets. But even with that uptick, we are nowhere near the levels we were at in the early 90's. Cities are just fine, thanks. And the rise is violent crime is not just a phenomenon in cities, it is happening everywhere. And if you really want to politicize this, it happened on Trumps watch.

That being said, there are cities that are run by both Democratic and Republican mayors that should be looking for new leadership. You've chosen to cherry pick one example, but corrupt or stupid mayors, be they Democratic or Republican are hardly a new phenomenon.

Point is, I don't buy that cities are going to hell. Not in the least. I'm not a huge Biden guy, but the bar was ridiculously low. Trump is a criminal, a conman, a grifter, and a guy who owes tens of millions of dollars to foreign mobs. His actions reflected that, and he was and remains the single greatest threat to Democracy in my lifetime, and maybe in history. He was not just bad, he was dangerous. You voted for a guy who continues to claim that the election was stolen from him. Me? I consider that an immediate disqualification. I agree with Liz Cheney on absolutely no policies, and I would love to see more Republican moderates like Elise Stefanik in Congress. But those questions aren't even on the table, because Elise Stefanik has disqualifed herself from EVER holding public office again IMHO. She sided with a traitor.

Yes, that rant is related to your question, because you asked if I voted for your dystopian and hyperbolic view of American cities. Nope. I voted to get rid of the worst President in US history. Simple as that. If Romney had been running against him, I'd have voted for Romney happily.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Concart For This Post:

AProudLefty (05-20-2021), christiefan915 (05-20-2021), Phantasmal (05-20-2021), ThatOwlWoman (05-20-2021)

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,495 Times in 7,584 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    It's funny how you (as in YOU personally, not (R)s in general) use living on a reservation and/or in a trailer as an insult.

Irony abounds. -- Legion
    Owl, the OP was directed at folks like you and concart. I’d appreciate a response to the OP, but if you won’t I understand. But it kinda blows my mind why an educated dem votes for lawlessness.

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I’m just curious .
    Kind of an impressive strawman you built here. I'm unable to answer until you can explain the correlation between a (D) mayor and/or governor with crime. Do *all* cities have higher crime than suburban/rural areas? Or only some? Can you provide a list of cities by crime rate and then a list of the same cities by political party currently in control of the mayor's house? Can you explain how a mayor can cause higher or lower crime? Is a high crime rate for a particular city worse in low-income areas and barely noticeable in higher-income areas? If so, why might that be?
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

christiefan915 (05-20-2021)

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

ROTFLFMAO!!!! Irony noted. I don't expect you to understand this post, but smart people are laughing hysterically.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (05-20-2021)

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Owl, the OP was directed at folks like you and concart. I’d appreciate a response to the OP, but if you won’t I understand. But it kinda blows my mind why an educated dem votes for lawlessness.
    See my response to your strawman OP.

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Irony abounds. -- Legion
    Well, lets just say this. I do have some extensive background in Reservations and how they tend to work. all over the country. The overall lifestyle there. Its no secret that they arent exactly seen as nice places . I mean,....ANYONE can take 5 minutes and do a little google digging,....the info is all there for everyone to see. Sometimes facts offend people. Still doesnt mean they arent facts though....

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    In general, I reject your premise that cities are 'going to hell in a handbasket'. Given that, the rest is moot. I'm not much for anecdotal evidence, which is about all you produced. I think your claim about New Orleans is utter nonsense. The fact is that violent crime has been on a STEEP downward climb for almost 30 years. The uptick in the last year is obviously coronavirus related. The criminal justice system has been on hold, people have been cooped up, and there have been more opportunities to commit crimes because of the lack of people on the streets. But even with that uptick, we are nowhere near the levels we were at in the early 90's. Cities are just fine, thanks. And the rise is violent crime is not just a phenomenon in cities, it is happening everywhere. And if you really want to politicize this, it happened on Trumps watch.

That being said, there are cities that are run by both Democratic and Republican mayors that should be looking for new leadership. You've chosen to cherry pick one example, but corrupt or stupid mayors, be they Democratic or Republican are hardly a new phenomenon.

Point is, I don't buy that cities are going to hell. Not in the least. I'm not a huge Biden guy, but the bar was ridiculously low. Trump is a criminal, a conman, a grifter, and a guy who owes tens of millions of dollars to foreign mobs. His actions reflected that, and he was and remains the single greatest threat to Democracy in my lifetime, and maybe in history. He was not just bad, he was dangerous. You voted for a guy who continues to claim that the election was stolen from him. Me? I consider that an immediate disqualification. I agree with Liz Cheney on absolutely no policies, and I would love to see more Republican moderates like Elise Stefanik in Congress. But those questions aren't even on the table, because Elise Stefanik has disqualifed herself from EVER holding public office again IMHO. She sided with a traitor.

Yes, that rant is related to your question, because you asked if I voted for your dystopian and hyperbolic view of American cities. Nope. I voted to get rid of the worst President in US history. Simple as that. If Romney had been running against him, I'd have voted for Romney happily.
    Thanks. Your reply was about the same as mine, only yours was far more detailed.

Not that he asked for advice, but if Moose is *that* unhappy in Anchorage maybe he might consider moving elsewhere instead of whining about it. After all, isn't that what we (D)s are routinely told to do by (R)s when we point out some problem with the country?

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    ROTFLFMAO!!!! Irony noted. I don't expect you to understand this post, but smart people are laughing hysterically.
    They must be DERANGED to laugh at something so HYSTERICALLY over something so mundane. Especially when they THEMSELVES are guilty of the very same generalizations as evidenced by the posters of this board. Lots of odd people in this world I guess.

15. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Well, lets just say this. I do have some extensive background in Reservations and how they tend to work. all over the country. The overall lifestyle there. Its no secret that they arent exactly seen as nice places . I mean,....ANYONE can take 5 minutes and do a little google digging,....the info is all there for everyone to see. Sometimes facts offend people. Still doesnt mean they arent facts though....
    So you know all about living on the rez, that they're generally poverty-stricken and rife with crime, so that makes it okay for you to use living there as an insult... while bleating about how mean ol' LWers do the same with trailer parks.

And there you have it, folks. Reichtard logic at its very finest.

16. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

They must be DERANGED to laugh at something so HYSTERICALLY over something so mundane. Especially when they THEMSELVES are guilty of the very same generalizations as evidenced by the posters of this board. Lots of odd people in this world I guess.
    No Stoney, you are anything but mundane. We are laughing at the stupidity, ignorance and hypocrisy of your statement. You deliver laughs every single day.

17. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Thanks. Your reply was about the same as mine, only yours was far more detailed.

Not that he asked for advice, but if Moose is *that* unhappy in Anchorage maybe he might consider moving elsewhere instead of whining about it. After all, isn't that what we (D)s are routinely told to do by (R)s when we point out some problem with the country?
    Honestly, the tone of his question deserved an objective response. I wish more threads started like that. When they do, I'm going to bend toward civility

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Concart For This Post:

anonymoose (05-20-2021), ThatOwlWoman (05-20-2021)

19. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

I’m just curious .
    'Haves' and 'Haves Nots'.
    The Wealth disparity is widening.
    'Poor People' feel left out and have nothing to lose.