5/17/21

JPP is becoming very confusing for me and I don't know how to deal with what I believe is happening.

The "Good cop/bad cop" routine, also called Mutt and Jeff, joint questioning or friend and foe,[1] is a psychological tactic used in negotiation and interrogation.[2] "Good cop/bad cop" tactics involve a team of two interrogators who take apparently opposing approaches to the subject. The interrogators may interview the subject alternately or may confront the subject at the same time.

Technique

The "bad cop" takes an aggressive, negative stance towards the subject, making blatant accusations, derogatory comments, threats, and in general creating antipathy with the subject. This sets the stage for the "good cop" to act sympathetically, appearing supportive and understanding, and in general showing sympathy for the subject. The good cop defends the subject from the bad cop. The subject may feel able to cooperate with the good cop, either out of trust or out of fear of the bad cop and may then seek protection by the good cop and provide the information the interrogators are seeking.[3] The order can also be reversed. When performed in this manner, the good cop will try to gain a subject's trust. If that fails, the bad cop will intimidate the subject to make him crack under pressure.[citation needed]

The disadvantage of this technique is that it can be easily identified, and the "bad cop" may alienate the subject.[4]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_cop/bad_cop

I suspect a few sneaky Leftist posters have adopted an inauthentic or false political Right Wing orientation so they can get Loyal Americans to side with them as they engage their real authentic Leftist brethren in fake debates here.

The net result I suspect they want to achieve is to thoroughly confuse us into choosing to befriend and support Leftists who seem to be friends of America.

I suspect they are introducing subterfuge to this forum so that they might lessen our attacks on them and gain support from unwary Conservatives.

Last year a Saudi journalist was killed by the Saudi government for reasons which are irrelevant to this discussion.

After his death was attributed to the Saudi Royal family, there was a big debate in the American media over which Saudis we should support, the Royals or those who opposed the Royals.

And of course, the answer is neither.

But many unwary Americans chose one side or the other and both groups of Saudis gained supporters in the process.

And I suspect a similar ruse is being attempted here.

I am confused by all of this and hope someone will help me sort it all out.

Drummie123