Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are we realy held ransom?

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chailatteliberal View Post
    For years we've had private companies produce prevention software, but that's just a temporary fix. You never hear about the lengendary Cray computers used by the NSA being hacked or held for ransom.
    Maybe that's because it's a secret.

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanFew View Post
    are you naive enough to believe that the government would admit publically that this happened
    He is.

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

OP thinks the government can solve all the world's problems.

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    I'm curious, then, would you feel the same way if a foreign country demanded the names of people who hacked in to their countries national assets, then absconded money out of US banks with the same reasoning and excuses?
    no.....I would feel that the banks should be shut down and all members of the board should be jailed for participating in a criminal activity.......then we should take the bank's assets and repay the ransom money and keep the rest ourselves.......why do you not want criminals apprehended?......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

5. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    no.....I would feel that the banks should be shut down and all members of the board should be jailed for participating in a criminal activity.......then we should take the bank's assets and repay the ransom money and keep the rest ourselves.......why do you not want criminals apprehended?......
    so, in your world, foreign countries and their banks are not victims of criminal activity????? or that the US would never say no to foreign countries demands of criminals names?
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

6. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,632 Times in 4,084 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,357 Times in 1,282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    But I'm not dealing in your foreign scenario. I'm dealing with domestic issues. With regards to the recent gasoline pipeline incident, I think the OP has merit.

????....you think the $5m paid to the Russian hackers was deposited in a domestic bank?......
    Again, an AMERICAN company was hit with ransom software. My premise is that if they had similar defense software like the Pentagon or the NSA, it wouldn't have happened. Your scenario cannot be possible, as banks all over the world are used by foreign markets...remember when the old HFC mortgage bankers were nailed for laundering drug cartel money? Or back in the day when Chase and others were dealing in blood diamonds? And it was an American company that helped cook the books for Greece to enter the EU, with disastrous results. My point is that you can't throw stones if you live in a glass house. Then there's all that "sovereign nation" stuff....which is why the famous (infamous?) Swiss bank account still exists today. Just saying.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Taichiliberal For This Post:

goat (05-18-2021)

8. #52 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,512 Times in 16,974 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Elucidate, son! Stop dithering with jackasses who dance over typos. If you can't or won't answer the question, then don't waste time and space trying to play "got'cha" for the peanut gallery.
    Da, da, da...DUH!
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

9. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

so, in your world, foreign countries and their banks are not victims of criminal activity????? or that the US would never say no to foreign countries demands of criminals names?
    please get your head out of your ass........hackers demand a ransom be wired overseas.....it could easily be traced to its recipient unless it is paid through a bank which refuses to cooperate with those who would bring the blackmailers to justice........the person who hides the identity of that blackmailer are also criminals and should be punished.......and yes, I would say the US would never refuse to help track down criminals.....if they would do so I would insist they be treated the same.....
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

10. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Again, an AMERICAN company was hit with ransom software. My premise is that if they had similar defense software like the Pentagon or the NSA, it wouldn't have happened. Your scenario cannot be possible, as banks all over the world are used by foreign markets...remember when the old HFC mortgage bankers were nailed for laundering drug cartel money? Or back in the day when Chase and others were dealing in blood diamonds? And it was an American company that helped cook the books for Greece to enter the EU, with disastrous results. My point is that you can't throw stones if you live in a glass house. Then there's all that "sovereign nation" stuff....which is why the famous (infamous?) Swiss bank account still exists today. Just saying.
    my scenario is certainly possible......any bank that knowingly engages in criminal activity by shielding the identity of blackmailers should be isolated by the financial authorities in EVERY intelligent nation and forced into closure.... perhaps you don't think things through when you write them.......does anything obvious come to mind when you type "HFC mortgage bankers were nailed"........

11. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

please get your head out of your ass........hackers demand a ransom be wired overseas.....it could easily be traced to its recipient unless it is paid through a bank which refuses to cooperate with those who would bring the blackmailers to justice........the person who hides the identity of that blackmailer are also criminals and should be punished.......and yes, I would say the US would never refuse to help track down criminals.....if they would do so I would insist they be treated the same.....
    we'll see..........I believe you'll be too much of a nationalist to actually agree when it happens......

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...ies-protection
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

12. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

we'll see..........I believe you'll be too much of a nationalist to actually agree when it happens......
    lol......you must have me confused with lib'ruls.......they are the ones who don't want to see real criminals brought to justice........

can you give me an example of US banks shielding blackmailer's identities?........

13. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

lol......you must have me confused with lib'ruls.......they are the ones who don't want to see real criminals brought to justice........

can you give me an example of US banks shielding blackmailer's identities?........
    nationalism runs too rampant among the US system of government to allow that sort of information to become public, so if it has happened, nobody outside that system would know about it

14. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,761 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,342 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

Would you really trust the government with IT systems?

15. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Would you really trust the government with IT systems?
    I don't trust the government to boil water correctly, much less IT systems

16. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,632 Times in 4,084 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,357 Times in 1,282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Da, da, da...DUH!
    Yep, just as I suspected....a typical RB60 waste of time and space. Adios, ditz.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell