Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: Things that need to be invented or created

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    4,499
    Thanks
    989
    Thanked 589 Times in 503 Posts
    Groans
    79
    Groaned 28 Times in 25 Posts
    Blog Entries
    65

    Default Things that need to be invented or created

    Things that need to be invented or created

    A lightweight paper towel packaged the way they do Kleenex.

    Smaller than the usual paper towel size.

    Stronger than Kleenex.

    Able to be dispensed like a Kleenex.

    A box of paper towels which you can simply grab one sheet and the next one automatically pops up.

    I was preparing to bake messy chicken pieces and wanted to wipe my hands, but to grab a paper towel sheet requires two hands and using two hands means grabbing the roll and soiling extra sheets with the chicken juices.

    I believe a one-handed dispenser format for light weight paper towels would be a huge seller if it was introduced.

    Sometimes you don't need a big strong Bounty sheet. You just need absorbency and more strength than a Kleenex would provide.

    No royalty is expected. Just create it so that I can be more hygienic in the kitchen.


    What else needs to be invented?

  2. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    37,767
    Thanks
    14,199
    Thanked 10,497 Times in 8,067 Posts
    Groans
    428
    Groaned 2,280 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    They have Paper Towel Holders for the kitchen.
    Screw it under a Cabinet. Install the Paper Towels. Then, just grab and rip one sheet off when you need it.

    https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...r+towel+holder

  3. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    41,590
    Thanks
    13,247
    Thanked 8,598 Times in 7,040 Posts
    Groans
    424
    Groaned 1,534 Times in 1,477 Posts

    Default

    Red pills for Trumpkins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Nah, he'll be right there, willing to give his spleen right now because he signed a card. "Here's my papers, sir!" He'll say as he proves to his beloved government and the super desirable government tracking program that HE at least is perfectly capable of carrying the right papers at all times and that super benevolent Federal government programs deserve his immediate and prolific obedience!

  4. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    37,767
    Thanks
    14,199
    Thanked 10,497 Times in 8,067 Posts
    Groans
    428
    Groaned 2,280 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Red pills for Trumpkins.
    Quaaludes for Dummie.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

    AProudLefty (05-16-2021)

  6. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    105,504
    Thanks
    8,191
    Thanked 29,850 Times in 23,799 Posts
    Groans
    2,793
    Groaned 2,329 Times in 2,219 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drummie123 View Post
    Things that need to be invented or created

    A lightweight paper towel packaged the way they do Kleenex.

    Smaller than the usual paper towel size.

    Stronger than Kleenex.

    Able to be dispensed like a Kleenex.

    A box of paper towels which you can simply grab one sheet and the next one automatically pops up.

    I was preparing to bake messy chicken pieces and wanted to wipe my hands, but to grab a paper towel sheet requires two hands and using two hands means grabbing the roll and soiling extra sheets with the chicken juices.

    I believe a one-handed dispenser format for light weight paper towels would be a huge seller if it was introduced.

    Sometimes you don't need a big strong Bounty sheet. You just need absorbency and more strength than a Kleenex would provide.

    No royalty is expected. Just create it so that I can be more hygienic in the kitchen.


    What else needs to be invented?
    have you always been slow?.....
    https://www.amazon.com/EZ-Pull-Count...96021049&psc=1
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

  7. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    4,499
    Thanks
    989
    Thanked 589 Times in 503 Posts
    Groans
    79
    Groaned 28 Times in 25 Posts
    Blog Entries
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    They have Paper Towel Holders for the kitchen.
    Screw it under a Cabinet. Install the Paper Towels. Then, just grab and rip one sheet off when you need it.

    https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...r+towel+holder
    There is one in my kitchen but it is installed far from my preferred prep area.

    I don't want the hassle of moving it or getting another one or re-installing it where I need it.

    But the fact that I now see they have already thought of my idea and brought it to market validates my wish.

    Thanks.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Drummie123 For This Post:

    Jack (05-17-2021)

  9. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    4,499
    Thanks
    989
    Thanked 589 Times in 503 Posts
    Groans
    79
    Groaned 28 Times in 25 Posts
    Blog Entries
    65

    Default

    What else needs to be invented?

  10. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Ravenhenge in the Northwoods
    Posts
    48,697
    Thanks
    80,806
    Thanked 38,555 Times in 24,511 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 4,017 Times in 3,767 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drummie123 View Post
    Things that need to be invented or created

    A lightweight paper towel packaged the way they do Kleenex.

    Smaller than the usual paper towel size.

    Stronger than Kleenex.

    Able to be dispensed like a Kleenex.

    A box of paper towels which you can simply grab one sheet and the next one automatically pops up.

    I was preparing to bake messy chicken pieces and wanted to wipe my hands, but to grab a paper towel sheet requires two hands and using two hands means grabbing the roll and soiling extra sheets with the chicken juices.

    I believe a one-handed dispenser format for light weight paper towels would be a huge seller if it was introduced.

    Sometimes you don't need a big strong Bounty sheet. You just need absorbency and more strength than a Kleenex would provide.

    No royalty is expected. Just create it so that I can be more hygienic in the kitchen.


    What else needs to be invented?
    Honey, you just need to get you one of these. Approved by 9 out of 10 Owl Women everywhere! It's what we've got. You really can rip off a piece of paper towel with just one hand, by pulling it against the owl figure on the holder.

    https://www.amazon.com/Home-Basics-P...98756002&psc=1

    “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” -- Gandhi

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

    Drummie123 (05-16-2021)

  12. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Ravenhenge in the Northwoods
    Posts
    48,697
    Thanks
    80,806
    Thanked 38,555 Times in 24,511 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 4,017 Times in 3,767 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drummie123 View Post
    What else needs to be invented?
    We were just talking about this today. Well, *I* was commanding Mr. Owl to hurry up and invent it; he wasn't too inspired. lol

    It's just PERFECT for us old ladies with large gardens. It would be a tiny battery-operated, programmable tractor that would plant your seeds w/o you having to bend over or squat painfully. It would have different attachments for various sizes of seed, as well as hole spacing, depth, and row spacing. In early spring you could set it down in your beds and it would use the harrow attachment -- or maybe rake? -- to weed your whole garden!

    What are you men waiting for? Make it so!
    “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” -- Gandhi

  13. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    4,499
    Thanks
    989
    Thanked 589 Times in 503 Posts
    Groans
    79
    Groaned 28 Times in 25 Posts
    Blog Entries
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    We were just talking about this today. Well, *I* was commanding Mr. Owl to hurry up and invent it; he wasn't too inspired. lol

    It's just PERFECT for us old ladies with large gardens. It would be a tiny battery-operated, programmable tractor that would plant your seeds w/o you having to bend over or squat painfully. It would have different attachments for various sizes of seed, as well as hole spacing, depth, and row spacing. In early spring you could set it down in your beds and it would use the harrow attachment -- or maybe rake? -- to weed your whole garden!

    What are you men waiting for? Make it so!
    How much would you pay for such a device?

    I guess it would be around $1,000.

  14. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    37,767
    Thanks
    14,199
    Thanked 10,497 Times in 8,067 Posts
    Groans
    428
    Groaned 2,280 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drummie123 View Post
    There is one in my kitchen but it is installed far from my preferred prep area.

    I don't want the hassle of moving it or getting another one or re-installing it where I need it.

    But the fact that I now see they have already thought of my idea and brought it to market validates my wish.

    Thanks.
    Uh, yeah. Two screws. It does seem like it may be too taxing for you. (maybe you could call Biden and he will send a Government employee to install it for you?)

  15. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"s"
    Posts
    27,486
    Thanks
    4,216
    Thanked 14,794 Times in 11,074 Posts
    Groans
    123
    Groaned 304 Times in 291 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    We were just talking about this today. Well, *I* was commanding Mr. Owl to hurry up and invent it; he wasn't too inspired. lol

    It's just PERFECT for us old ladies with large gardens. It would be a tiny battery-operated, programmable tractor that would plant your seeds w/o you having to bend over or squat painfully. It would have different attachments for various sizes of seed, as well as hole spacing, depth, and row spacing. In early spring you could set it down in your beds and it would use the harrow attachment -- or maybe rake? -- to weed your whole garden!

    What are you men waiting for? Make it so!
    I'm not sure if it's programmable...




    ...but it'll plant
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

  16. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Ravenhenge in the Northwoods
    Posts
    48,697
    Thanks
    80,806
    Thanked 38,555 Times in 24,511 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 4,017 Times in 3,767 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    I'm not sure if it's programmable...
    ...but it'll plant
    That might be slightly too large. lol
    “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” -- Gandhi

  17. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"s"
    Posts
    27,486
    Thanks
    4,216
    Thanked 14,794 Times in 11,074 Posts
    Groans
    123
    Groaned 304 Times in 291 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    That might be slightly too large. lol
    You did say "large garden..."
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

  18. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    105,504
    Thanks
    8,191
    Thanked 29,850 Times in 23,799 Posts
    Groans
    2,793
    Groaned 2,329 Times in 2,219 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drummie123 View Post
    There is one in my kitchen but it is installed far from my preferred prep area.

    I don't want the hassle of moving it or getting another one or re-installing it where I need it.

    But the fact that I now see they have already thought of my idea and brought it to market validates my wish.

    Thanks.
    you remind me of my late father........when he was in his 90s he got all excited......spent a whole day working in the kitchen with bottles and tubes and valves.......he called me all excited and told me he had figured out that people could generate electricity using just water and gravity.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

Similar Threads

  1. Listen to man who invented the PCR test
    By tinfoil in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-18-2021, 03:35 AM
  2. Listen to man who invented the PCR test
    By tinfoil in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-16-2021, 06:29 AM
  3. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 03-17-2020, 03:14 PM
  4. IQ45 just invented a new holiday!
    By reagansghost in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 132
    Last Post: 02-26-2019, 06:35 AM
  5. Big Money invented slavery
    By iolo in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-25-2013, 11:14 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •