Thread: Biden Revokes Several Executive Actions Taken by Trump. God bless President Biden.

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,174 Times in 5,911 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 558 Posts

Default Biden Revokes Several Executive Actions Taken by Trump. God bless President Biden.

WASHINGTON—President Biden revoked several of former President Donald Trump’s executive actions, including one requiring green-card applicants abroad to show they can afford healthcare and another protecting U.S. monuments from damage.
    The healthcare order never took effect, due to continuing litigation, so like a number of the orders that Mr. Biden revoked Friday, it ended up being largely symbolic.
    Mr. Trump’s order regarding green-card applicants was issued in October 2019 and would have required that applicants abroad show they have either a healthcare plan or the financial means to afford coverage before being admitted to the U.S.
    The requirement would have affected prospective immigrants with limited income, particularly from regions where salaries routinely fall below the U.S. poverty level, who otherwise qualified to move to the U.S. The order was in line with a broader Trump administration push to ensure that immigrants moving to the U.S. wouldn’t burden the American healthcare system or public welfare programs.
    About two weeks before Mr. Biden took office, the policy was upheld by the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco. The lawsuit continued once Mr. Biden took office, but would likely be rendered moot by the revocation of the order.
    “This policy undermined our public health system, and we’re grateful to our plaintiffs for their leadership in preventing it from ever taking effect,” said Esther Sung, legal director of the Justice Action Center, co-counsel to the plaintiffs in the case.
    Mr. Biden said in his proclamation reversing the requirement that it wasn’t necessary to achieve his goal of expanding access to health coverage.
    “We can achieve that objective…without barring the entry of noncitizens who seek to immigrate lawfully to this country but who lack significant financial means or have not purchased health insurance coverage from a restrictive list of qualifying plans,” he said.
    Republican Congressman Ken Buck:
    “We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 45 Times in 42 Posts

^ Yet another Russian sewer troll.

They infest JPP.
    DemoKKKrats: The dangerous fascist psychopaths Orwell warned us about.