Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FBI quietly admits 2017 GOP baseball shooting was domestic terrorism after all

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,460 Times in 7,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 503 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    FBI quietly admits 2017 GOP baseball shooting was domestic terrorism after all
    by Jerry Dunleavy, Justice Department Reporter |
    | May 14, 2021 09:27 PM

The FBI quietly admitted Friday that the 2017 Alexandria, Virginia, baseball field shooting that nearly killed Rep. Steve Scalise has been classified as “domestic terrorism” carried out by a “domestic violent extremist” targeting Republicans after the bureau previously classified it as “suicide by cop.”

The revelation appears in the middle of an appendix on page 35 of a 40-page FBI-DHS report released on Friday titled “Security Strategic Intelligence Assessment and Data on Domestic Terrorism.” In a section describing approximately 85 different “FBI-Designated Significant Domestic Terrorism Incidents in the United States from 2015 through 2019,” the Alexandria baseball field shooting appears, with the FBI categorizing the perpetrator as a “Domestic Violent Extremist” and describing the incident thusly: “An individual with a personalized violent ideology targeted and shot Republican members of Congress at a baseball field and wounded five people. The subject died as a result of engagement with law enforcement.”

In June 2017, James Hodgkinson, a man from Illinois who was living out of a van in Alexandria, opened fire at Eugene Simpson Stadium Park after asking GOP Rep. Jeff Duncan, who was leaving practice early, if the players were Republicans or Democrats. Hodgkinson struck Scalise in the hip, hit lobbyist Matt Mika in the chest, and injured two U.S. Capitol Police officers, Crystal Griner and David Bailey. Scalise nearly bled to death and required multiple surgeries before returning to Congress.

Hodgkinson, an avid liberal and supporter of Democratic presidential primary candidate and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, was killed by law enforcement. He had posted on Facebook that “Trump is a Traitor. Trump Has Destroyed Our Democracy. It's Time to Destroy Trump & Co.” and joined other groups such as "Terminate The Republican Party" and "Join The Resistance Worldwide!!"

More at the link: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...stic-terrorism
    That dickhead.. good thing he was POS shot.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,460 Times in 7,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 503 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    you do know the back story?
    for years the FBI called it "death by cop" -meaning the shooter had a desire to go down in flames
    but the amount of ammo he brought and targeting only Repubs really meant it was a political shooting

Steve Scalise (sp?) begged for years to the FBI to call it "domestic terrorism" but you know the FBI leadership has a political agenda and they refused to do so.
    I mean they will call you a Russian op 'just because' but domestic terrorism has to be those crazed white boys

Looks like they finally relented to the obvious
    Yeah no, fuck off. This guy's mission was to take out Repubicans.

That's what he set out to do.
    Prove me wrong, faggot, I have plenty of evidence to the contrary.
    Please test me, you sumbich piece if shit!

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    you do know the back story?
    for years the FBI called it "death by cop" -meaning the shooter had a desire to go down in flames
    but the amount of ammo he brought and targeting only Repubs really meant it was a political shooting

Steve Scalise (sp?) begged for years to the FBI to call it "domestic terrorism" but you know the FBI leadership has a political agenda and they refused to do so.
    I mean they will call you a Russian op 'just because' but domestic terrorism has to be those crazed white boys

Looks like they finally relented to the obvious
    It was an attempted mass political assassination. He could taken half the caucus out.

The agency’s political agenda goes back at least to the Fort Hood shooting where the obvious Islamic terrorist attack was labeled ‘work place’ violence. They all play for the same team and if you’re a conservative or Trump supporter—it’s not your team.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    Yeah no, fuck off. This guy's mission was to take out Repubicans.

That's what he set out to do.
    Prove me wrong, faggot, I have plenty of evidence to the contrary.
    Please test me, you sumbich piece if shit!
    I might be mistaken, but I think he agrees with you lol.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 77 Times in 75 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hmmm ...

After FOUR YEARS ... that wonderful fbi FINALLY admits (buried in a footnote) that a dim was a domestic terrorist. At that rate, how many of our children/grandchildren will find out about the rest of the dim domestic terrorism ???

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,367 Times in 6,038 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 602 Times in 566 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog View Post
    He's an armed Leftwing insurrectionist, WhitePrideLeftist.
    What about these guys?

Minutes Before El Paso Killing, Hate-Filled Manifesto Appears Online
    Nineteen minutes before the first 911 call alerted the authorities to a mass shooting at a Walmart in El Paso, Tex., a hate-filled, anti-immigrant manifesto appeared online.
    It spoke of a “Hispanic invasion of Texas.” It detailed a plan to separate America into territories by race. It warned that white people were being replaced by foreigners.
    The manifesto linked to the radicalized right wing terrorist, Mr. Crusius described an imminent attack and railed against immigrants, saying, “if we can get rid of enough people, then our way of life can be more sustainable.”
    Mr. Crusius manifesto, titled “The Inconvenient Truth,” draws direct inspiration from the mass murder of Muslims at two mosques in New Zealand in March that left 51 people dead. In that attack, the alleged killer published a manifesto online promoting a white supremacist theory called “the great replacement.” Christchurch has become a rallying cry for extremists the world over. The manifesto potentially linked to the El Paso killings begins, “In general, I support the Christchurch shooter and his manifesto. This attack is a response to the Hispanic invasion of Texas.”

Craig Stephen Hicks, 46, was arrested and is charged with three counts of first-degree murder. He is being held in the Durham County Jail, and the investigation is ongoing, Chapel Hill police said in a news release. The three people who were shot to death in a North Carolina condominium Tuesday were immigrant honors students and included a couple who just married two months ago, authorities said today.

The massacre of 49 people in New Zealand on Friday highlights the contagious ways in which extreme right ideology and violence have spread in the 21st century — even to a country that had not experienced a mass shooting for more than two decades, and which is rarely associated with the extreme right.
    New Zealand may be thousands of miles from Europe or the United States, but videos of the killer show that he was deeply entrenched in the global far right, a man familiar with the iconography, in-jokes and shibboleths of different extremist groups from across Europe, Australia and North America, as well as a native of the extreme-right ecosystem online.
    A manifesto linked to the accused killer, released through his social media account on the morning of the massacre, suggests its author considered himself a disciple and comrade of white supremacist killers. The suspect, identified in court papers as Brenton Harrison Tarrant of Australia, also hailed President Trump, calling him “a symbol of renewed white identity and common purpose.”

Coast Guard Officer Arrested And Accused Of Being A 'Domestic Terrorist'

A U.S. Coast Guard officer stationed in Washington D.C. is accused of being a domestic terrorist. FBI agents arrested Lieutenant Christoper Paul Hasson and seized a stockpile of weapons and ammunition from his home in Silver Spring, Maryland.
    The filings claim he planned to kill politicians and journalists from a list of targets that included House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, and CNN anchor Don Lemon.*Prosecutors described Hasson as a white nationalist who planned "to murder innocent civilians on a scale rarely seen in this country."
    "The defendant is a domestic terrorist, bent on committing acts dangerous to human life that are intended to affect governmental conduct," prosecutors wrote.
    They said that Hasson was inspired by Anders Behring Breivik, the Norwegian terrorist who killed 77 people in a pair of attacks in 2011.
    Hasson was arrested on charges of illegal weapons and drug possession but prosecutors said that those charges are the “the proverbial tip of the iceberg.”

On Friday, authorities arrested Sayoc, alleging in a criminal complaint that he was responsible for sending at least 13 potential explosive devices to prominent Democratic and media figures across the country in recent days — including Obama, Clinton, Soros, former attorney general Eric H. Holder Jr. and Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.). “He was crazed, that’s the best word for him,” said Debra Gureghian, the general manager of New River Pizza and Fresh Kitchen in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., where Sayoc worked for several months. “There was something really off with him.”

Jim David Adkisson went on a shooting rampage at the Tennessee Valley Unitarian Universalist Church in Knoxville, Tennessee. "I hate the damn left-wing Liberals. There is a vast left-wing conspiracy in this country & these liberals are working together to attack every decent & honorable institution in the Nation, trying to turn the country into a communist state.
    Who I wanted to kill was every Democrat in the Senate & House, the 100 people in Bernard Goldberg’s book. I’d like to kill everyone in the Mainstream Media. But I know these people were inaccessible to me. I couldn’t get to the generals & high ranking officers of the Marxist movement so I went after the foot soldiers, the chicken shit liberals that vote in these traitorous people.
    Liberals are a pest, like termites. Millions of them. Each little bite contributes to the downfall of this great nation. The only way we can rid ourselves of this evil is kill them in the streets. Kill them where they gather.
    I’d like to encourage other like minded people to do what I’ve done. If life ain’t worth living anymore, don’t just kill yourself. Do something for your country before you go. Go Kill Liberals!"

Jeremy Christian shouted during his arrest after he brutally stabbed two Americans “Kill all Christians, Muslims and Jews. You call it terrorism. I call it Patriotism!”

“You blacks are killing white people on the streets everyday and raping white women everyday,” Mr. Roof said during his shooting rampage that killed nine African-American churchgoers

James Alex Fields Jr was charged with second-degree murder, one count of hit-and-run, failure to stop with injury and three counts of malicious wounding. On his social media accounts, Fields “expressed and promoted his belief that white people are superior to other races and peoples; expressed support of the social and racial policies of Adolf Hitler and Nazi-era Germany, including the Holocaust; and espoused violence against African Americans, Jewish people and members of other racial; ethnic and religious groups he perceived to be non-white.”
    Fields is registered as member of Trump's Republican Party.
    Judge Juan M. Merchan wrote that Trump “appears to take the position that his situation and this case are unique and that the pre-trial publicity will never subside. However, this view does not align with reality.”

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    It was an attempted mass political assassination. He could taken half the caucus out.

The agency’s political agenda goes back at least to the Fort Hood shooting where the obvious Islamic terrorist attack was labeled ‘work place’ violence. They all play for the same team and if you’re a conservative or Trump supporter—it’s not your team.
    oh right. that was when we could not say "islamic terrorism" - i need a PC scorecard for the FBI

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Bigdog (05-16-2021), Darth Omar (05-16-2021)

9. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,478 Times in 52,483 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,514 Times in 2,471 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    FBI quietly admits 2017 GOP baseball shooting was domestic terrorism after all
    by Jerry Dunleavy, Justice Department Reporter |
    | May 14, 2021 09:27 PM

The FBI quietly admitted Friday that the 2017 Alexandria, Virginia, baseball field shooting that nearly killed Rep. Steve Scalise has been classified as “domestic terrorism” carried out by a “domestic violent extremist” targeting Republicans after the bureau previously classified it as “suicide by cop.”

The revelation appears in the middle of an appendix on page 35 of a 40-page FBI-DHS report released on Friday titled “Security Strategic Intelligence Assessment and Data on Domestic Terrorism.” In a section describing approximately 85 different “FBI-Designated Significant Domestic Terrorism Incidents in the United States from 2015 through 2019,” the Alexandria baseball field shooting appears, with the FBI categorizing the perpetrator as a “Domestic Violent Extremist” and describing the incident thusly: “An individual with a personalized violent ideology targeted and shot Republican members of Congress at a baseball field and wounded five people. The subject died as a result of engagement with law enforcement.”

In June 2017, James Hodgkinson, a man from Illinois who was living out of a van in Alexandria, opened fire at Eugene Simpson Stadium Park after asking GOP Rep. Jeff Duncan, who was leaving practice early, if the players were Republicans or Democrats. Hodgkinson struck Scalise in the hip, hit lobbyist Matt Mika in the chest, and injured two U.S. Capitol Police officers, Crystal Griner and David Bailey. Scalise nearly bled to death and required multiple surgeries before returning to Congress.

Hodgkinson, an avid liberal and supporter of Democratic presidential primary candidate and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, was killed by law enforcement. He had posted on Facebook that “Trump is a Traitor. Trump Has Destroyed Our Democracy. It's Time to Destroy Trump & Co.” and joined other groups such as "Terminate The Republican Party" and "Join The Resistance Worldwide!!"

More at the link: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...stic-terrorism
    It was clear to me that it was domestic terrorism since it targeted political leaders. No doubt the Capitol Insurrection will be classified as domestic terrorism too.

Let's hope the DOJ reverses Obama's claim that the Fort Hood massacre wasn't domestic terrorism....or has that quietly been done too?
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Micawber (05-16-2021), Sailor (05-16-2021)

11. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    It was clear to me that it was domestic terrorism since it targeted political leaders. No doubt the Capitol Insurrection will be classified as domestic terrorism too.

Let's hope the DOJ reverses Obama's claim that the Fort Hood massacre wasn't domestic terrorism....or has that quietly been done too?
    The first instance was clearly a mass political assassination attempt.

The second instance was a riot where the only homicide involved a victim who was an unarmed Trump supporter. Since the victim was a Trump supporter we’re not allowed to know the cops name. Fort Hood was another politically motivated attempt at mass murder where the perp was neither white nor conservative nor male nor Christian.

I don’t see the great advantage in the domestic terrorism label in either of the three instances. It’s kind of a like ‘hate crime’: it’s gilding the Lilly. Laws/penalties already exist that cover the crimes.

In fact, I think it’s pretty clear, by now, that both terms exists because of their ‘political utility’.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Bigdog (05-16-2021)

13. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,191 Times in 33,874 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,086 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Blog Entries

I’m happy domestic terrorism is finally being recognized. This is a good first step.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Joe Capitalist (05-16-2021), Micawber (05-16-2021)

15. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

How did they do it "quietly"

Only criminal enterprises accuse the FBI of bias against them.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

Phantasmal (05-16-2021)

17. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    I’m happy domestic terrorism is finally being recognized. This is a good first step.
    Stop being so "quiet" about it.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

Phantasmal (05-16-2021)

19. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,191 Times in 33,874 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,086 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    How did they do it "quietly"

Only criminal enterprises accuse the FBI of bias against them.
    It makes me laugh

20. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,077 Times in 7,507 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,104 Times in 1,049 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    The first instance was clearly a mass political assassination attempt.

The second instance was a riot where the only homicide involved a victim who was an unarmed Trump supporter.
    The first incident was merely a well-intentioned attempt to get the undesirable element out of baseball.
    That honorable initiative has my full endorsement.

The second incident was an insurrection against the government of the United States,
    now regarded as poorly handled,
    because ONLY ONE Trump supporter was killed.

One hundred would not have been enough dead trumpanzees that day.
    74,000,000, in fact, would have been the perfect number.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

21. The Following User Says Thank You to NiftyNiblick For This Post:

Joe Capitalist (05-16-2021)

22. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,377 Times in 9,873 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 608 Times in 575 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Capitalist View Post
    What about these guys?

Richard Spencer endorses Joe Biden; campaign swiftly ...https://www.syracuse.com › politics › 2020/08 › richar...
    Aug 25, 2020 — FILE - In this Dec. 6, 2016, file photo, Richard Spencer, who leads a movement that mixes racism, white nationalism and populism, speaks at ...

Richard Spencer Reiterates Support for Biden, Disavows ...https://www.newsweek.com › ... › Endorsements
    Aug 25, 2020 — Replying to a tweet Tuesday morning, Spencer wrote that he recognized how "ineffective, useless, and traitorous the GOP is," reaffirming his ...

White Nationalist Richard Spencer Votes for Joe Biden: 'To ...https://www.newsweek.com › ... › Twitter
    Nov 3, 2020 — "To hell with libertarian ideology," Richard Spencer tweeted Tuesday. "I'm a libertarian when I want to be."
    "I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man."
    — Joe Biden on Obama.

Socialism is just the modern word for monarchy.

D.C. has become a Guild System with an hierarchy and line of accession much like the Royal Court or priestly classes.

Private citizens are perfectly able of doing a better job without "apprenticing".