Thread: GOP Sen. Lisa Murkowski on House Republicans downplaying Capitol attack

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,851 Times in 14,189 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default GOP Sen. Lisa Murkowski on House Republicans downplaying Capitol attack

GOP Sen. Lisa Murkowski said Friday that she is "offended" by some House Republicans who are whitewashing the January 6 attack on the US Capitol, pushing back on the revisionism by some in the party who have tried to shield the pro-Trump mob from blame over the deadly insurrection during the certification of President Joe Biden's electoral victory.

Murkowski, the veteran Alaska Republican who faces reelection next year, made clear her distaste about recent comments from some fellow Republicans -- including by one GOP congressman who compared the tragic day's events to a "normal tourist visit."

"I'm offended by that," Murkowski told CNN. "This was not a peaceful protest. When somebody breaks and enters, and then just because you know they don't completely trash your house once you're inside does not mean that it has been peaceful. This was not a peaceful protest."

Murkowski added: "We got to get beyond that rhetoric and acknowledge that what happened were acts of aggression and destruction towards an institution, and there were some people intent on (harming) the people that were part of that institution."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ocid=Peregrine
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

Althea (05-14-2021), Cypress (05-14-2021), Phantasmal (05-14-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Political suicide in the American fascist party owned lock stock and barrel by the Orange criminal.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (05-14-2021)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,037 Times in 14,531 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    GOP Sen. Lisa Murkowski said Friday that she is "offended" by some House Republicans who are whitewashing the January 6 attack on the US Capitol, pushing back on the revisionism by some in the party who have tried to shield the pro-Trump mob from blame over the deadly insurrection during the certification of President Joe Biden's electoral victory.

Murkowski, the veteran Alaska Republican who faces reelection next year, made clear her distaste about recent comments from some fellow Republicans -- including by one GOP congressman who compared the tragic day's events to a "normal tourist visit."

"I'm offended by that," Murkowski told CNN. "This was not a peaceful protest. When somebody breaks and enters, and then just because you know they don't completely trash your house once you're inside does not mean that it has been peaceful. This was not a peaceful protest."

Murkowski added: "We got to get beyond that rhetoric and acknowledge that what happened were acts of aggression and destruction towards an institution, and there were some people intent on (harming) the people that were part of that institution."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ocid=Peregrine
    Lemme guess...she's 'extremely concerned' ?
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,978 Times in 32,293 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    GOP Sen. Lisa Murkowski said Friday that she is "offended"
    Murkowski is as offensive as Cheney......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”