Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It is not inflation, but rather pent up demand

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,410 Times in 10,039 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Default It is not inflation, but rather pent up demand

The reason prices are going up isn't because of ambiguous, ambivalent "inflation", but because consumer demand, which has been pent up for 15 months, is now FINALLY being released due to the vaccination effort.

Inflation would happen if that demand suddenly disappeared or contracted. But it's not going to disappear because those people will continue spending in the consumer economy.

We don't have inflation to fear...what we have to fear is a return to lockdowns because not everyone is vaccinated and COVID mutates/evolves into a strain that can overcome the vaccines.

So get vaccinated, idiots...that's how you fight inflation.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Phantasmal (05-14-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,876 Times in 8,273 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 590 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    The reason prices are going up isn't because of ambiguous, ambivalent "inflation", but because consumer demand, which has been pent up for 15 months, is now FINALLY being released due to the vaccination effort.

Inflation would happen if that demand suddenly disappeared or contracted. But it's not going to disappear because those people will continue spending in the consumer economy.

We don't have inflation to fear...what we have to fear is a return to lockdowns because not everyone is vaccinated and COVID mutates/evolves into a strain that can overcome the vaccines.

Shove the vaccine up your ass ...that's how you keep a leftist out of your fucking business. Piss off you cunt.
    Last edited by Yakuda; 05-14-2021 at 11:38 AM.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    Shove the vaccine up your add ...that's how you keep a leftist out of your fucking business. Piss off you cunt.
    Notice how everything is ‘vaccine dependent’ now lol?

Regarding the OP: pent up demand is a thing and it can cause inflation; the kind of spending that requires the fed to monetize massive debt WILL cause inflation. So, we have a double whammy.

Should be great fun. Might want to get used to driving the same car for a minute. Forget about building a home or an addition. Even a modest deck is nearly prohibitive.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Stone (05-14-2021)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,876 Times in 8,273 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 590 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post

Regarding the OP: pent up demand is a thing and it can cause inflation; the kind of spending that requires the fed to monetize massive debt WILL cause inflation. So, we have a double whammy.

Should be great fun. Might want to get used to driving the same car for a minute. Forget about building a home or an addition. Even a modest deck is nearly prohibitive.
    If everyone gets the vaccine I guess leftists will suddenly not be cancerous tumors. They always have a new excuse.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Yakuda For This Post:

Darth Omar (05-14-2021)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,940 Times in 13,201 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

Yea, sure. That's why there are virtually no basic residential electrical components to be had in the metro Phoenix area for nearly two months now. I'm sure that's why the price of copper wire is through the roof too...

Demand hasn't changed dramatically in the last six months for this stuff, along with other building materials. What has changed is that suppliers and manufacturers are way behind on orders and stuff like copper is starting to take a hit from the (somebody's in charge) administration. Joke and his minions, as but one example, are back to trying to halt the Resolution copper mine in Arizona. This fully opened would be the largest copper mine on the planet in terms of output but Joke is going back to siding with a handful of retard and nutter radical Leftist environmentalists and Native Americans who want the mine stopped because that's what they do with everything they don't like. The Native groups always claim it's "sacred land" when they oppose something.
    When they opposed the loop 202 freeway expansion they did that, but once it opened the same bunch said nothing about the dozens of billboards (something you can't built like that on Arizona land but can on tribal land) that the tribe adjacent to the freeway stuck up almost immediately because it generated revenue for the tribe.

Well, getting a bit off topic. The problem is the manufacturers cut back on production because early in the lockdown demand dropped. Now that demand is back up, supply hasn't caught up with increasing demand. But because of the huge shortages, the price of goods and materials has shot way up, particularly commodities that are traded like copper or lumber.

As for inflation, that's mainly going to be caused by more money floating in the market due to repeated massive government "stimulus" bills. The difference will be if demand and supply even out, prices will return to about where they were. If inflation is the driver they'll stay high and go higher.

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    Shove the vaccine up your ass ...that's how you keep a leftist out of your fucking business. Piss off you cunt.
    Then be prepared for a return to this by the Fall, and you'll be to blame for it.

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,940 Times in 13,201 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

Well, like most cheap tricks the Left pulls to get more power, the mask thingie has run its course. That means they need a new boogie man to trot out to keep the power grab going. That would be vaccination.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

Darth Omar (05-14-2021)

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Yea, sure. That's why there are virtually no basic residential electrical components to be had in the metro Phoenix area for nearly two months now. I'm sure that's why the price of copper wire is through the roof too...
    Your problem is that you're so uneducated on this topic, you're only able to see five feet in front of you.

A shortage of electrical components coupled with an increase in demand is absolutely, 100% going to increase the price. That is how supply-and-demand works.

But that has NOTHING to do with monetary policy and NOTHING to do with inflation.

]Demand hasn't changed dramatically in the last six months for this stuff
    Weird because we've been in a lockdown for more than twice as long.

What has changed is that suppliers and manufacturers are way behind on orders and stuff like copper is starting to take a hit from the (somebody's in charge) administration

OK, but that has NOTHING to do with inflation. That is a supply issue, and as that supply is increased, the prices will come down.

The problem is the manufacturers cut back on production because early in the lockdown demand dropped. Now that demand is back up, supply hasn't caught up with increasing demand.
    It hasn't caught up YET, but it will at some point and when it does, that's when prices will ease.

Again, that has absolutely nothing to do with inflation.

As for inflation, that's mainly going to be caused by more money floating in the market due to repeated massive government "stimulus" bills.
    If we didn't have runaway inflation after a $2T tax cut in 2018, then we're not going to have runaway inflation after a $2T recovery program in 2021.

The only way we would see runaway inflation is if we returned to lockdowns because you fucking idiots didn't get your vaccine.

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Well, like most cheap tricks the Left pulls to get more power, the mask thingie has run its course. That means they need a new boogie man to trot out to keep the power grab going. That would be vaccination.
    The reason we don't need masks for vaccinated people is because they're vaccinated.

So get vaccinated you moron, or we'll return to this pandemic state in the Fall when COVID has a resurgence.

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 781 Posts

I can agree that one month doesnt make it inflation. If this continues for a couple more months though you wont be able to spin it anymore lol.

MAGA
    is on twitter @realtsuke

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

I think I pointed out in another thread that the pandemic may not cooperate.

I see where Herr Pelosi is requiring all House members to don the talisman even though everyone is vaccinated. She’s not ‘following the science’ [what a useless phrase that has become] so she’s following something else.

As far as Democrats are concerned the pandemic ‘hasn’t been excused yet’.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,626 Times in 10,690 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 617 Times in 606 Posts
    Blog Entries

YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT INFLATION IS...AS I PROVED.

SPARE US YOUR FAUX ECONOMIC NONSENSE...
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by tsuke View Post
    I can agree that one month doesnt make it inflation. If this continues for a couple more months though you wont be able to spin it anymore lol.
    This is just consumer demand returning to what it was prior to the pandemic.

The only thing to worry about is having to go back to lockdowns because morons didn't get their vaccine shots.

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I think I pointed out in another thread that the pandemic may not cooperate.
    No, YOU won't cooperate, which will help the pandemic.

By refusing to get vaccinated, you are setting the stage for a return to lockdowns this fall.

19. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I see where Herr Pelosi is requiring all House members to don the talisman even though everyone is vaccinated.
    Not everyone is vaccinated. Some are choosing not to be vaccinated, and that choice is preventing us from returning to any normalcy.

So just like how you egged on the pandemic from Jan-Mar 2020, you're egging on the pandemic again in May 2021.

So if we have to return to lockdowns this fall, it will be your fault.