Members banned from this thread: moon

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Israeli airstrike kills top Hamas commander as Netanyahu vows ‘iron fist if needed’

1. #181 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 28 Times in 25 Posts
    Blog Entries

NEWS
    US pulls military personnel from Israel, urges Americans not to travel
    By Emily Jacobs

May 14, 2021 | 9:01am | Updated
    Enlarge Image

The United States withdrew 120 military personnel from Israel after Israel Defense Forces announced that it had deployed ground forces near the Gaza Strip.Spc. Briauna Zeigler, 21st TSC

MORE ON:
    ISRAEL
    Biden must let Bibi fight his way: Goodwin

The United States has withdrawn 120 military personnel from Israel and is advising Americans to reconsider any travel plans to the region amid an escalating bloody conflict involving thousands of rocket exchanges and ground troops.

News of the personnel removal and the travel advisory came late Thursday, after the Israel Defense Forces announced that it had deployed ground forces near the Gaza Strip four days into a deadly conflict with Hamas and Palestinian militia groups.

The US staffers, Pentagon spokesman John Kirby told reporters Thursday, were from US Central Command and US European Command. The group was flown out on a C-17 military transport jet to Ramstein Air Base in Germany.

“We made this decision to remove these individuals in coordination with our Israeli counterparts,” Kirby said.

Some of the personnel were in Israel for planning purposes for an upcoming bilateral event, but ended their trip early given the circumstances.

An explosion lights the sky following an Israeli airstrike on Beit Lahia in the northern Gaza Strip on May 14, 2021.
    MOHAMMED ABED/AFP via Getty Images

As the Defense Department pulls out some of its own people, the State Department is urging Americans to reconsider any travel plans they may have for Israel.

In a notice issued later Thursday, the department raised its travel advisory for Israel, the West Bank and Gaza to Level 3, which suggests Americans “reconsider travel.”

Relatives mourn over the bodies of three children from the Al-Tanani family, killed in an Israeli airstrike.
    MOHAMMED ABED/AFP via Getty Images

It was previously at Level 2, which tells individuals to “exercise increased caution” in the region.

“Protests and violence may continue to occur, some with little or no warning,” the advisory read.

Israeli tanks are positioned along the border with the Gaza Strip on May 14, 2021.
    MENAHEM KAHANA/AFP via Getty Images

Tel Aviv came under a barrage of 130 rockets launched by Hamas from the Gaza Strip on Tuesday, sending residents fleeing for shelter as air raid sirens blared across Israel’s second-most populous city.

Israel’s Iron Dome defense system was activated later that night, with the streaks of multiple interceptor missiles lighting up the skies over the area.

The heavy bombardment came after an Israeli strike earlier Tuesday evening that leveled a high-rise building in Gaza that housed the offices of several top Hamas officials. That strike had come in retaliation for earlier Hamas aggression.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu takes a selfie with U.S. soldiers in Israel on March 6, 2021.
    U.S. Army photo by Sgt. Bethany P. Williams

Both sides had been firing at each other throughout the day, in some of the worst fighting between Israel and the terror group since their 2014 war.

As of Thursday, at least 83 people have been killed in Gaza since the hostilities erupted Monday. About 400 Palestinians have been injured.

A building is damaged after being hit in a shelling in the city of Ashkelon, Israel, on May 14, 2021.
    EPA/ABIR SULTAN

On the Israeli side, seven people have been killed, including a 21-year-old soldier.

In total, more than 1,600 rockets have been fired at Israel since Monday, with 400 falling short, according to figures from the Israel Defense Forces released Thursday.

https://nypost.com/2021/05/14/us-wit...amid-conflict/

2. #182 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,327 Times in 52,381 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Drummie123 View Post
    Guess.
    Odds are you didn't. If you did, then it was one enlisted tour of duty in an office job.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

3. #183 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...unt-after-gaza

I think the innocent Israelis who tolerated hundreds of missiles being fired on them would disagree with Psaki.
    Agreed. Although I doubt Psaki truly means the lives of journalists are more important than the lives of Israeli citizens.

4. #184 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

If the American people lose faith in our government's insistence on a free and honest election process, our country will not stand for it.

And that is what many folks like you seem to want...to see America destroy itself.
    we are already there.. did you not notice the demonstration before it became a riot at the Capitol?
    a few came to riot but almost all came to protest a no confidence in the state elections for POTUS.

The Marxists are redoing society -it's our very own Cultural Revolution -throw out the "olds"

5. #185 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

Doc Dutch (05-16-2021), dukkha (05-16-2021)

7. #186 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    It's what fascists do when they don't want the world watching.
    How many Jews do you want to see pushed into the sea?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    If you're going to have a genocide, why broadcast it?
    Self-defense isn't genocide. This isn't the first time Hamas has used civilians as a meat shield. It's a common tactic by them. They often set up their rocket launchers next to schools, hospitals and religious buildings hoping to spark international rage when the IDF retaliates.

PRO TIP - When the IDF warns you that the Hamas HQ in the building you share is about to be bombed, it's a good idea to get the fuck out of the building.

8. #187 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

9. #188 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Odds are you didn't. If you did, then it was one enlisted tour of duty in an office job.
    Maybe si. Maybe no.

10. #189 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Primavera For This Post:
    dukkha (Today), Dutch Uncle (Today)

11. #190 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Agreed. Although I doubt Psaki truly means the lives of journalists are more important than the lives of Israeli citizens.
    After the weeks I have seen you posting here in opposition to America and in support of the evil-doers, to see you deceivingly posting as a patriot and a US military veteran is despicable and I refuse to stand idly by as you do it.

I hope to freeze you out.

As you say hello to my 'little' ignore list, I will say good-bye to your lies.

12. #191 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    we are already there.. did you not notice the demonstration before it became a riot at the Capitol?
    a few came to riot but almost all came to protest a no confidence in the state elections for POTUS.

The Marxists are redoing society -it's our very own Cultural Revolution -throw out the "olds"
    After several weeks watching you post in opposition to America and in support of the evil-doers, to see you deceivingly post as a patriot is unacceptable to me and I refuse to stand idly by as you do it.

13. #192 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

After the weeks I have seen you posting here in opposition to America and in support of the evil-doers, to see you deceivingly posting as a patriot and a US military veteran is despicable and I refuse to stand idly by as you do it.

I hope to freeze you out.

Please feel free to quote a single anti-American post or where I support "evil-doers". If you can't, and you can't, then you and I will both know you are a liar.

14. #193 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 69 Times in 67 Posts
    Blog Entries

Please feel free to quote a single anti-American post or where I support "evil-doers". If you can't, and you can't, then you and I will both know you are a liar.
    Dutch is a POS stolen valor proven pathological liar....

15. #194 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Son of the Revolution View Post
    Dutch is a POS stolen valor proven pathological liar....
    Could you be any more butthurt, son?

16. #195 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts