Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: And so it begins: open Civil War has broken out in the GOP

1. #271 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,323 Times in 1,693 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 417 Times in 384 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    I guess that remains to be seen. Most people aren't fans of Wall Street, even though we have some investment with our retirement plans.
    As for the food riots (if they would occur), they will mostly happen in the crowded cities. Let them become savages, we rural folk don't care.

Of course the squabbling is counterproductive, but forced submission to redefining our constitution is also counterproductive. Don't you think?
    no one is redefining the constitution and the right doesn't even know what it says.

2. #272 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Son of the Revolution View Post
    Funny how liberal assholes always bring up civil war.... sad they were the ones that lost the last civil war
    Who brought up civil war? The subject was solely about the republican party and it's split.

3. #273 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 45 Times in 42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Port Tack View Post
    And Trump was going to win re-election wasn't he?
    Well, the DemoKKKrats turned out to be vastly more dangerous psychopaths than anyone imagined.
    DemoKKKrats: The dangerous fascist psychopaths Orwell warned us about.

4. #274 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

democrats are the party of racism
    What a load of shit. People aren't that stupid and it's obvious who the bigoted racists are.

5. #275 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    The Republican establishment consciously chose the destruction of the Republican party when it decided to sell its soul to Trump. They could have and should have done the right thing. They should have accepted Trump and his grotesque supporters for what they are and run in the other direction. Now these "rationals", including Cheney and Kinzinger, will assure that the Republican party finally and thankfully is wiped from the planet.
    Correct. Now we have repubs playing the Jan 6 attack as "just like another daily tour group". Republicans with any sense whatsoever must be looking at this, and recounts in AR, replacing Cheney with Stefanik and saying "ok, enough, I can't be associated with these assholes".

6. #276 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

look at these libtards still talking about Trump... sucks biden is blowing up the country right now
    His approval rating ever since he was elected has been higher than Trumps ever was over his entire term so you are obviously full of shit.

7. #277 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,458 Times in 52,470 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

What a load of shit. People aren't that stupid and it's obvious who the bigoted racists are.
    While the Party of Trump is most certainly racist, the Democratic agenda does have a strain of racism itself. Specifically, any party that pushes differentiating people by skin-tone is, indeed, racist.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

8. #278 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I agree with that. I heard Adam Kinzinger say this morning (I'm paraphrasing) that our system was designed for two parties and works best with two parties. I completely disagree with him. We should have lots of small parties. They should be focused and diverse. They should have to form coalitions. The two-party system has completely failed and is damn near to destroying the entire American democratic republic. On top of that, many people (and especially many Americans) are too stupid to see things in non-binary terms when they think they have only two choices.
    I'm not so sure about that. With lots of small parties we would never get anything done. Two parties is ok but we need ALL votes in congress anonymous. Many congressmen know what is right and what is wrong but they vote for what their party tells them too. it just isn't possible to have 100 people in a senate and every republican votes one way and every democrat votes the other on every fucking issue unless they care more for their party than the country. The current system is definitely broken, it used to be a slight difference of opinion between parties, now it's a devout hatred between them. Issues arise where half the republican's agree on the issue but vote against because they are afraid the other party might get credit and that is unacceptable. And vica versa

9. #279 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I admire your effort, but consider your audience. You may as well try to teach a tree how to run as explain history to Son of the Revolution.
    It's like when the repubs say that before equal rights it was the democrats that were the racists. I respond to that by saying before equal rights I would have been a republican but now there is no question who are the bigoted racists and it isn't the democrats.

10. #280 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    Only one of those parties has election cheating downpat....something tells me that will be the one that "wins".
    I must say the right must be really fucking stupid if the democrats could pull off such cheating and you dumbshits can't seem to come up with a stitch of evidence to corroborate it. Over 60 cases thrown out of court with no evidence and countless republicans saying there was no cheating. Arizona and Georgia both elections were run by republicans who say Trump lost. If democrats are smart enough to have pulled that off and republicans so fucking stupid that they could not find any evidence then maybe we are best with democrats running the show.

11. #281 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

democrats founded the klan
    And today you won't find a single one of them as a member, they are all repubs. If a democrat was in the Klan and they found out they would probably lynch them.

12. #282 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    The divided GOP, I think the probability of that increases. Cheney Republicans will vote for a Democrats instead of Trumpublicans. This divide is bad for the GOP, it serves the Democrats.
    I certainly hope you are right!

13. #283 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    The divided GOP, I think the probability of that increases. Cheney Republicans will vote for a Democrats instead of Trumpublicans. This divide is bad for the GOP, it serves the Democrats.
    Agreed. The Republicans are setting themselves up for losing both the 2022 and 2024 elections.

Although I doubt many Republicans will actually vote for Democrats, the Democrats will likely win by default as more former Republicans like myself vote Libertarian or some other third party.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Phantasmal (05-16-2021)

15. #284 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Hold on - Cheney Republicans are never going to vote for a Democrat, so don't pin your hopes on that.

What they will do is just not vote. That's what we want from them; a commitment to stay at home until the GOP gets their act together.

We don't need to include Liz Cheney in our tent.
    Liz Cheney just came out saying she regrets having voted for Trump. Sure sounds like she isn't going to vote for any repub who supported the shithead.

16. #285 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Correct. Now we have repubs playing the Jan 6 attack as "just like another daily tour group". Republicans with any sense whatsoever must be looking at this, and recounts in AR, replacing Cheney with Stefanik and saying "ok, enough, I can't be associated with these assholes".
    That's a classic Chico Marx "Are you going to believe me or your lying eyes" defense.