Thread: And so it begins: open Civil War has broken out in the GOP

1. #196 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,619 Times in 51,914 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    Assigning a US political party culpability for global Islamic terrorism? No way. It's Islam v the secular west, military asymmetry and foreign footprints (not just US at all) in their countries that grows that type of terrorism. It's been a long time since JC. Both party's disposition towards terrorism is destroy it. Doesn't matter which party has the WH. The only diff is the Republican party likes the jingoist counterproductive rhetoric. One exception, Dems take a more balanced approach towards the Israel Palestinian issues. Dems consistently two state, Republicans vacillating like a pulsar on it. I exclude Trump from any evidence on this issue because he isn't exactly a thinker, just a fool outlier and I don't assign fault to Repukes for his sui generis idiocy.
    Dude, take another look: First, the fucking Brit attacked Carter for standing up to terrorism.

Second, the failure of the operation was a direct result of Democrat post-Vietnam military cuts. Sure, the cuts were necessary, but they rushed the cuts without looking where those cuts were being made. Same fucking thing happened after the Cold War.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

2. #197 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,815 Times in 3,615 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 367 Times in 352 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    Reagan had typically disastrous Republican policies, but he wasn't an antichrist rapist like Trump is.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Diesel For This Post:

Iolo/Penderyn (05-14-2021)

4. #198 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,657 Times in 4,437 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    It actually can't.
    "The Congress shall have Power...To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures."

The Constitution says Congress has the power to tax and regulate the value of money. It does not provide for any mechanism for the citizens to vote to tax themselves.

5. #199 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    "The Congress shall have Power...To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures."

The Constitution says Congress has the power to tax and regulate the value of money. It does not provide for any mechanism for the citizens to vote to tax themselves.
    Agreed on the Federal level.

OTOH, as with most things, We, the People have the power to do so indirectly through our choices of Federal elected offices.

6. #200 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,657 Times in 4,437 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Agreed on the Federal level.

OTOH, as with most things, We, the People have the power to do so indirectly through our choices of Federal elected offices.
    We can influence taxes, but I do not think it is possible for citizens to vote to tax themselves to receive government services and those who voted against that taxation be denied from using those services. Even currently, people still receive basic police and national defense protections even if they do not pay taxes.

7. #201 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    We can influence taxes, but I do not think it is possible for citizens to vote to tax themselves to receive government services and those who voted against that taxation be denied from using those services. Even currently, people still receive basic police and national defense protections even if they do not pay taxes.
    Not on the Federal level. On the State and municipal levels they can. It's up to the citizens. Think about propositions to raise land taxes to pay for schools.

Agreed that non-taxpayers still receive services. If they do it legally, fine. If illegally, I'm fine with putting them to work such as 10,000 hours of community service.

8. #202 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,440 Times in 2,013 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 611 Times in 582 Posts

Trump is destroying the GOP!
    Who would believe a American political party
    would embrace an obvious lie,that the election was stolen.
    Tie Your 'roo down Mate

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mason Melchizedek For This Post:

Iolo/Penderyn (05-14-2021)

10. #203 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Just to recap: there is no longer a civil war in the Republican Party.

One side has won and the losers are talking about a third party. All ten of them.
    Just to recap further, the losers on your side just handed a megaphone to Liz Cheney who plans to use that stage to further destroy trump and your dwindling party. The civil war is just getting started.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

11. #204 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    Reagan had typically disastrous Republican policies, but he wasn't an antichrist rapist like Trump is.
    you have your head up your ass regarding both of them.......they have other thing in common as well........
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

12. #205 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    Just to recap further, the losers on your side just handed a megaphone to Liz Cheney who plans to use that stage to further destroy trump and your dwindling party. The civil war is just getting started.
    uh no........you fuckwits have given her the megaphone and hope she continues to spout your gospel.......I doubt any Republicans will listen to her but I know she will be your favorite so long as she does what you want her to.......she has that in common with McCain, Romney, Flake, Kasich and a few others........the other thing she has in common with them is the foolish notion that sucking up to lib'ruls will benefit someone, somewhere.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

13. #206 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,174 Times in 5,911 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 593 Times in 557 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    'Rationals' vs. 'radicals': Anti-Trump Republicans threaten third party

Source: Reuters

Over 100 former Republican officials will sign a letter on Thursday declaring that if the Republican Party does not break with former President Donald Trump and change course, they will back the creation of a third party.

The letter, headlined: "A Call For American Renewal," is an exploratory move toward forming a breakaway party, two of its organizers said. The group is dismayed by what it says is a modern Republican Party driven by its allegiance to Trump, who continues to falsely claim the 2020 election was stolen from him.

"The Republican Party is broken. It's time for a resistance of the 'rationals' against the 'radicals,'" said Miles Taylor, one of the organizers. Taylor, while serving in the Trump White House, wrote an anonymous opinion piece in the New York Times in 2018 headlined: "I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration."

The group first raised the threat in February, following the deadly Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol by Trump supporters to try to disrupt congressional certification of Democrat Joe Biden's presidential election victory.

Read more: https://www.reuters.com/world/us/rat...ty-2021-05-11/

WOWZA!!
    I hope it happens. There are plenty of Never-Trump Republicans who can do this and tell the RepubliQans to shove it.
    Republican Congressman Ken Buck:
    “We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

14. #207 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,762 Times in 7,265 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

Did you follow your mommy into the Amsterdam Red Light district, Lick, or are you just ordinary Eurotrash?

You're the Dutchman, Oom.
    I'm named for my proficiency with short irons and wedges....remember?

However, if your Mom was an Amsterdam hooker, God bless her,
    why couldn't you do something useful like she?
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

15. #208 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    You're the Dutchman, Oom.
    I'm named for my proficiency with short irons and wedges....remember?

However, if your Mom was an Amsterdam hooker, God bless her,
    why couldn't you do something useful like she?
    I have no idea how your came to choose your username, Lick.

My mother was an American military housewife. You're a Euro from the Netherlands. If not a hooker, what was she? Eurotrash like you? Better or worse than you?

16. #209 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,762 Times in 7,265 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

I have no idea how your came to choose your username, Lick.

My mother was an American military housewife. You're a Euro from the Netherlands. If not a hooker, what was she? Eurotrash like you? Better or worse than you?
    You're not good at this at all, Oom.
    You can embarrass yourself without my help.
    Good luck.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

17. #210 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    You're not good at this at all, Oom.
    You can embarrass yourself without my help.
    Good luck.
    Then why do you bother with me, Lick? Why aren't you shitting all over the United States like you usually do and praise the superiority of your European hookers?