Thread: And so it begins: open Civil War has broken out in the GOP

1. #241 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    We agree that Trump and Reagan have things in common.

You never fail to be a complete waste of time.
    Well said. Imagine how he must feel trapped with himself, a complete waste of time, and with no escape.

2. #242 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,654 Times in 4,435 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    Again, you quote stuff out of context, AND you don't understand where the 'dollar' even comes from, AND you do not understand what money is.
    This is not out of context:

"To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;"

The Constitution also says gold and silver are the only legal currencies in the United States.
    Read it again. It says no state shall "make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts;

The Constitution does not prevent people voting to tax themselves. Indeed, various town hall meetings did EXACTLY THAT.
    It does not provide a mechanism for citizens to vote to tax themselves at the federal level. Town meetings do not apply to federal income taxes.

The taxes the Constitution authorized Congress to lay and collect did NOT include income taxes (otherwise why the 16th amendment?), not even discussed authority to tax anything as nebulous as 'income' (until the 16th amendment was finally ratified in 1913.
    Not true. There was a federal income tax before the 16th amendment. The Constitution allowed an income tax but it had to be apportioned on the basis of population. The 16th amendment allowed it to tax based on income.

3. #243 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

the RINO's are gaining momentum, every time MTG does her lunatic routine a few more confused Republicans say fuck it I'm done

at this rate the Dems will pick up 20 seats in the House and 4-5 new Dem senators

4. The Following User Says Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

Phantasmal (05-14-2021)

5. #244 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,926 Times in 11,513 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,361 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    This is not out of context:

"To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;"
    Contextomy fallacy.
    Read it again. It says no state shall "make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts;
    Which means the Federal Reserve is unconstitutional.
    It does not provide a mechanism for citizens to vote to tax themselves at the federal level.
    It doesn't have to. You still have no idea what a constitution is.
    Town meetings do not apply to federal income taxes.
    Never said they did. Pay attention.
    Not true. There was a federal income tax before the 16th amendment.
    It was thrown out by the Supreme court as well. It was unconstitutional.
    The Constitution allowed an income tax but it had to be apportioned on the basis of population. The 16th amendment allowed it to tax based on income.
    Nope. It was unconstitutional.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams

6. #245 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello goat,

Quote Originally Posted by goat View Post
    Boomers and Gen X did nothing to prepare a future of opportunities for their kids. The only thing they care about is their good paying job with a defense contractor and their house on the cul-de-sac. Now 1/2 of millennials and 3/4 of zoomers are stuck in the gig economy and refuse to return to work. They have no fiscal security and can't buy a house. My friends and family forced big pharma on their kids so now they blame these imaginary mental disorders on why their kids can't find or keep a job.

Suburbia is in denial and no offense, PoliTalker, but you are a perfect example. The anger in people is all over legacy media, yet most Americans refuse to accept what's causing such anger. I get tired of repeating myself yet I continue to explain that we're in a perfect storm for a systemic breakdown. America is a tinderbox that anything can cause to explode. I hope to live long enough to see how we come out the other side, and I'm pretty sure you are young enough to witness how the revolt is resolved.
    Let's hope neither of us nor our heirs live to see that. Sure, there is the potential. But it's not a done deal. The silent majority wants to believe in America, not ready to give up. We love our country. And that's what love is. Acceptance. Not demanding perfection. Sure. There is anger over the extreme wealth inequality and the vanishing middle. America has faced HUGE problems many times in our history when things looked bleak. We always rallied to the cause and pulled through. We can do it again. Don't give up on America. Never give up on America. We've got a good president who has been through some very tough times and turned bad to good many times in his life. The polling for the 'direction of the country' has just leapt up big time, hasn't been this high in over a decade.

Ahh, the old pessimist vs the optimist debate. Classic.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

goat (05-15-2021)

8. #246 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,654 Times in 4,435 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

The Constitution says no state shall make anything but gold and silver legal tender.

The Federal Reserve is not a state.

9. #247 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Originally Posted by Into the Night

Congress passed the Federal Reserve Act in 1913..........exactly why is it 'unconstitutional' ?

10. #248 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,275 Times in 1,938 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 165 Times in 155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello goat,

Let's hope neither of us nor our heirs live to see that. Sure, there is the potential. But it's not a done deal. The silent majority wants to believe in America, not ready to give up. We love our country. And that's what love is. Acceptance. Not demanding perfection. Sure. There is anger over the extreme wealth inequality and the vanishing middle. America has faced HUGE problems many times in our history when things looked bleak. We always rallied to the cause and pulled through. We can do it again. Don't give up on America. Never give up on America. We've got a good president who has been through some very tough times and turned bad to good many times in his life. The polling for the 'direction of the country' has just leapt up big time, hasn't been this high in over a decade.

Ahh, the old pessimist vs the optimist debate. Classic.
    Knowing our history of war, bailouts, and tyranny, it's easy for me to be a pessimist. Optimists have to admit that our political, economic, and social situation is something we haven't seen in our lifetime. History tells us what empire does in an attempt to get out of a situation like this. I don't like being the alarmist but we can't ignore the anger we see throughout the world.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to goat For This Post:

PoliTalker (05-15-2021)

12. #249 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,575 Times in 51,896 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Knowing our history of war, bailouts, and tyranny, it's easy for me to be a pessimist. Optimists have to admit that our political, economic, and social situation is something we haven't seen in our lifetime. History tells us what empire does in an attempt to get out of a situation like this. I don't like being the alarmist but we can't ignore the anger we see throughout the world.
    ...but you'll be one anyway. LOL

Dude, you believe LBJ had JFK killed and that the Moon Landing was a hoax.

God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

13. #250 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    ...but you'll be one anyway. LOL

Dude, you believe LBJ had JFK killed and that the Moon Landing was a hoax.

14. #251 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The Constitution says no state shall make anything but gold and silver legal tender.

The Federal Reserve is not a state.
    Now you are just being stupid. What is causing the banks in each state to use the FRN? What State is using gold and silver as it's only legal tender?
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode

15. #252 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    Congress passed the Federal Reserve Act in 1913..........exactly why is it 'unconstitutional' ?
    You obviously haven't read the Constitution of the United States, nor paid any attention to this conversation. Go read either one.

16. #253 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,575 Times in 51,896 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Why would your silly conspiracy theories make me mad? On the contrary, while yours are a bit mundane, I'm truly interested in exploring why people believe in conspiracy theories.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

17. #254 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello goat,

Certainly agreed we cannot ignore the anger. Must point out that people had to feel pretty bad about the future of America during the Civil War. That was years of not knowing if America was done or not. We might have failed; but we managed to pull through it. Times have been very bleak before. It almost seems like every generation has some big threat they live through. The Great Depression lasted a long time. Nobody knew how we were going to get through that, either. We could have lost WWII. The Cuban Missile Crisis was pretty scary. We just barely won the Revolutionary war in the first place. Somehow we keep rallying and overcoming these very daunting challenges.

We can do it again.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

18. #255 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Why would your silly conspiracy theories make me mad? On the contrary, while yours are a bit mundane, I'm truly interested in exploring why people believe in conspiracy theories.
    Government lies so often, how are we supposed to know what's real or not?

The moon rocks are said to be stolen, missing, or fake.
    We cannot build a rocket big enough to go to the moon in 2021.
    The cameras and film provide more evidence of impossibilities for 1969.
    The list goes on and on but you don't want to believe you were lied to by government. They depend on people believing whatever they are told.