Thread: You Denver Bastards!

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default You Denver Bastards!

Well, you got a couple of Canton McKinleyites there now. One is your head coach, the other is a Back-up DE (Kenny Peterson). I played with Kenny, my bro played with Josh, and you better be damned proud you got McDaniels. He's got football blood in him and he is one damn good coach. His father was my coach when we won states, and his brother was my QB. I just hope that he doesn't turn Cutler into Elway only to meet the Browns in the Post-season (if they ever got good enough).
    You Are Not So Smart Podcast - A celebration of Self-Delusion

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,486 Times in 10,512 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDave View Post
    Well, you got a couple of Canton McKinleyites there now. One is your head coach, the other is a Back-up DE (Kenny Peterson). I played with Kenny, my bro played with Josh, and you better be damned proud you got McDaniels. He's got football blood in him and he is one damn good coach. His father was my coach when we won states, and his brother was my QB. I just hope that he doesn't turn Cutler into Elway only to meet the Browns in the Post-season (if they ever got good enough).
    That would rock. I'd laugh and laugh and come here and taunt you. Especially if we did it year after year like we did back in the day.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle