Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: If Trump were to actually steal the AZ electoral votes he's still be below 270

1. #136 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,258 Times in 51,660 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    It is every American's job to oversee elections. That you only care about it now is shameful.
    Agreed and for the most part that's done. Even Trump's own DHS and AG certified the election was fair and secure.

That said, if Arizona or any other state want to spend tax dollars like Democrats recounting ballots, that's their choice. If the citizens of those states don't like it, they can voice their dissent through legal means or at the ballot box.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

2. #137 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,486 Times in 10,512 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    They already audited Maricopa County in Nov/Dec 2020, so what is the point of this if not to undo the results?
    I will not engage in any conversation with you because I believe you are disingenuous and incapable of a conversation based on information when such is introduced to you. If I see you act differently in the future I may begin to engage with you again. But until then, this will be my only response to you.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

PostmodernProphet (05-12-2021)

4. #138 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Agreed and for the most part that's done. Even Trump's own DHS and AG certified the election was fair and secure.

That said, if Arizona or any other state want to spend tax dollars like Democrats recounting ballots, that's their choice. If the citizens of those states don't like it, they can voice their dissent through legal means or at the ballot box.
    This.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

5. #139 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,401 Times in 10,031 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

I will not engage in any conversation with you because I believe you are disingenuous and incapable of a conversation based on information when such is introduced to you. If I see you act differently in the future I may begin to engage with you again. But until then, this will be my only response to you.
    I am completely and totally honest with everything I write; you just don't like that I quote what you wrote back to you and it makes you look bad.

It's not me that makes you look bad, it's you that makes you look bad.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

6. #140 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The citizens already made their dissent clear when they voted for Biden in November.

7. #141 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    LOL, the IRS is not auditing the election. Some company owned by a #stopthesteal conspiracy theory believer who has NEVER done an election audit before is doing it. OAN has exclusive press rights to the audit, and it appears it is going to take months to complete. You are being dishonest. The purpose of this audit is to DESTROY confidence in the election process and you know it.
    Regardless of what group was hired to do it, am I correct in stating that it's all done at the behest of the Arizona state government? Am I missing something?

I'm a big fan of State's Rights and "laboratories of democracy" even if that means a state wants to run itself off a cliff or collectively drink the Kool-Aid.

8. #142 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    LOL, the IRS is not auditing the election. Some company owned by a #stopthesteal conspiracy theory believer who has NEVER done an election audit before is doing it. OAN has exclusive press rights to the audit, and it appears it is going to take months to complete. You are being dishonest. The purpose of this audit is to DESTROY confidence in the election process and you know it.
    It doesn't matter who is auditing the election, audit is a word with meaning. You understand what an audit is, pretending you do not is where the dishonesty lies.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

9. #143 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,700 Times in 33,596 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,061 Times in 4,679 Posts
    Blog Entries

Sure, they can waste their money, my concern is that it further supports the idea that there was something foul about this election when both Republicans and Democrats have stated it was fair and well executed. It undermines our election process.

10. #144 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    The citizens already made their dissent clear when they voted for Biden in November.
    States have rights.

11. #145 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,700 Times in 33,596 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,061 Times in 4,679 Posts
    Blog Entries

That is not the point of the audit. The audit can show whether there was issues with the election and allow AZ and other states to shore up the lack of credibility they seem to have in their elections.
    Why only Maricopa County then? This is why it’s suspect to me.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Doc Dutch (05-11-2021)

13. #146 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

States have rights.
    I predict your factual information here will be ignored and the guy will pretend his opinion is "fact" and that should be enough for you to just agree with him.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

Doc Dutch (05-11-2021)

15. #147 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Sure, they can waste their money, my concern is that it further supports the idea that there was something foul about this election when both Republicans and Democrats have stated it was fair and well executed. It undermines our election process.
    While I agree, the fact remains that if the Feds stopped it, it would always leave a taint on the election.

Best, IMHO, to let the idiots find out what all smart people already know. Let's not for get that Trump's own administration certified the election results.

16. #148 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I predict your factual information here will be ignored and the guy will pretend his opinion is "fact" and that should be enough for you to just agree with him.
    Agreed...just like another guy is certain that LBJ killed JFK and RFK and that every Republican President since this is supporting the conspiracy. LOL

17. #149 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

States have rights.
    You just said that the voters should decide, and the voters did decide back in November.

18. #150 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,165 Times in 27,015 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,974 Times in 2,691 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Why only Maricopa County then? This is why it’s suspect to me.
    the Bamboo quest didn't make you suspect?

Not only that, but these partisan nutbags are only "auditing" races where Democrats won. They are not reviewing races where Republicans won.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Phantasmal (05-11-2021)