Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to tax the wealthy big time.

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 130 Times in 122 Posts

Default Time to tax the wealthy big time.

Biden's tax the wealthy concept is about time and him telling this country the truth about the trickle down lie is wonderful. With his tax program Just the fat of our country will pay and I hope they ring them up big time to compensate for the free ride that the trickle down lie gave them over the last 40+ years. Trickle down was created to have all the new wealth of this country, go into the hands of the wealthy and since that time all new wealth went to the golden few , which in no way can be argued. SO it's simple, for the next 40+ years everyone else other then the golden few will gain all the new wealth of this country , distributed at the same level and rate as it is now distributed to the golden few . Can anyone even come up with a argument against this reasoning. Seems more then fair to me.

2. The Following User Groans At jbander For This Awful Post:

Matt Dillon (05-09-2021)

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jbander For This Post:

evince (05-09-2021), gemini104104 (05-10-2021), signalmankenneth (05-09-2021)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,454 Times in 9,909 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 867 Times in 825 Posts

So,.....do you REALLY believe that all the big corporations who not only shilled for Biden and the Democrats but also donated a war chest of cash did that so their money would be taken away from them? I mean REALLY? You really believe Joe Billionaire said ....." Here Democrats,...take this campaign donation so you can win and then tax the fuck out of me because I like having way LESS money!"

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stone For This Post:

Bulletbob (05-12-2021), Callinectes (05-19-2021), Truth Detector (05-09-2021), Wolverine (05-12-2021)

6. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,762 Times in 7,265 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

People paying very high taxes have traditionally been people doing pretty damned well in this country.

I find it amusing that shitkickers who are being asked to pay next to nothing are the first to worry about the tax burden of billionaire oligarchs.
    Pathetically amusing, however.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jbander View Post
    Biden's tax the wealthy concept is about time and him telling this country the truth about the trickle down lie is wonderful. With his tax program Just the fat of our country will pay and I hope they ring them up big time to compensate for the free ride that the trickle down lie gave them over the last 40+ years. Trickle down was created to have all the new wealth of this country, go into the hands of the wealthy and since that time all new wealth went to the golden few , which in no way can be argued. SO it's simple, for the next 40+ years everyone else other then the golden few will gain all the new wealth of this country , distributed at the same level and rate as it is now distributed to the golden few . Can anyone even come up with a argument against this reasoning. Seems more then fair to me.
    Trump tax cuts hurt the nation.

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    People paying very high taxes have traditionally been people doing pretty damned well in this country.

I find it amusing that shitkickers who are being asked to pay next to nothing are the first to worry about the tax burden of billionaire oligarchs.
    Pathetically amusing, however.
    So,.....do you REALLY believe that all the big corporations who not only shilled for Biden and the Democrats but also donated a war chest of cash did that so their money would be taken away from them? I mean REALLY? You really believe Joe Billionaire said ....." Here Democrats,...take this campaign donation so you can win and then tax the fuck out of me because I like having way LESS money!"

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stone For This Post:

Truth Detector (05-09-2021), Wolverine (05-12-2021)

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stone For This Post:

Truth Detector (05-09-2021), Wolverine (05-12-2021)

12. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyDicklick View Post
    But they should pay even more in the interest of 'fairness'?

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post

Hey

Your figuring it out huh

Republicans are the corporate whores

Sometimes the corporations want to rebuild the economy they and the republicans raped

So then they give to the Democrats who then tax them to fix everything the republicans fucked up (lying us to wars, crashing the housing market, crashing the energy market, lying about a pandemic) and then there is an economy for the republicans can crash again

The oligarchs love a boom and bust economy

They make bank in a falling or rising economy

Us citizens just get screwed

If we never let the republicans back in we can end this cycle

14. The Following User Groans At evince For This Awful Post:

Matt Dillon (05-11-2021)

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,762 Times in 7,265 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Intelligent corporate managers, as opposed to wingnut oligarchs, look beyond the short term.

Spending money on infrastructure and putting disposable income into the hands of the working class combine to improve their bottom line on a long term basis.
    This isn't complicated stuff, Dumber than.

Chuck Heston wearing a MAGA cap that was designed after he died is a good look for impressing us with your intelligence, Dumber than.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    Hey Your figuring it out huh
    Tax the slumlords?

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I shouldnt have to explain this BUT.......People donate their time and MONEY to political campaigns in an attempt to secure the things they want from the elected official. Pretty sure these Billionaires who spent a lifetime lusting after as much money as humanly possible do not have a goal in mind of being able to keep less of their money. This should be common sense for most people,.... sad that it isnt.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stone For This Post:

Matt Dillon (05-11-2021), Truth Detector (05-09-2021)

19. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyDicklick View Post
    Spending money on infrastructure and putting disposable income into the hands of the working class improve their bottom line on a long term basis.
    Who told you that?

20. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jbander View Post
    The right wants to go back to the 1950s

That was the result of the new deal

The corporate taxes were in the 50% range back then

21. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by BidenUsurper View Post
    Is that so?

22. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    Intelligent corporate managers, as opposed to wingnut oligarchs, look beyond the short term.

Spending money on infrastructure and putting disposable income into the hands of the working class improve their bottom line on a long term basis.
    This isn't complicated stuff, Dumber than.
    Interesting. So then,...ahh,....WHY dont they just volunteer the money instead of being FORCED to do it? I mean,.... according to you they want it so bad.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Stone For This Post:

Truth Detector (05-09-2021)