Thread: Gov. Hogan rips GOP for devotion to Trump

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,826 Times in 14,172 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Gov. Hogan rips GOP for devotion to Trump

Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan criticized Sunday members of his own party as they work to strip Wyoming Rep. Liz Cheney of her leadership position in the House of Representatives.

"Can you explain why the party doesn't seem to hold Donald Trump responsible?"

Hogan said Sunday that Republicans who continue to unequivocally throw their support behind the ex-president are afraid of him.

"I think they're concerned about retaliation from the president," Hogan said Sunday. "They're concerned about being attacked within the party. And it just bothers me that you have to swear fealty to the 'Dear Leader' or you get kicked out of the party. It just doesn't make any sense."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ty/ar-BB1gxd7r
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

PoliTalker (05-09-2021), ThatOwlWoman (05-10-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan criticized Sunday members of his own party as they work to strip Wyoming Rep. Liz Cheney of her leadership position in the House of Representatives.

Hogan said Sunday that Republicans who continue to unequivocally throw their support behind the ex-president are afraid of him.

"I think they're concerned about retaliation from the president," Hogan said Sunday. "They're concerned about being attacked within the party. And it just bothers me that you have to swear fealty to the 'Dear Leader' or you get kicked out of the party. It just doesn't make any sense."

The GOP is desperate to have an idea to unite conservatives. When it fails, they will pretend they never did it.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Oh, so he wants to get voted out by the Deplorables, does he?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (05-10-2021)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Let it be known that from this day forward (actually it always has been) that anybody who knowingly supports The Big Lie is officially DEPLORABLE.

This certainly does not include all Republicans.

The few who refuse to 'carry the party message,' (IOW support The Big Lie,) have morals and the bravery to stand up for the truth.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,808 Times in 17,249 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,593 Times in 4,271 Posts

It does not matter who you are or how powerful you are, go against Trump, and you are purged. Cheney was a powerful conservative and she voted with Trump 93 percent of the time. That does not matter. She dared say Trump lost the vote. Now she is being punished. The Repub party is gone. The Trump fascism is alive and well.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (05-10-2021), PoliTalker (05-10-2021), ThatOwlWoman (05-10-2021), Whythink (05-10-2021)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,967 Times in 32,282 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

for what?.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    The GOP is desperate to have an idea to unite conservatives.
    you're kidding, right?......Biden's actions are all we need to unite us.......
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

gfm7175 (05-11-2021), Grokmaster (05-09-2021)

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    you're kidding, right?......Biden's actions are all we need to unite us.......
    Yes, you want fascism.

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,646 Times in 10,702 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 618 Times in 607 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yes, you want fascism.
    In what way? Do you even know what it is?
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yes, you want fascism.
    /shrugs.....and you seem to want to lie for no reason at all......just like your worthless namesake......

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,460 Times in 7,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 503 Posts

Donald Trump

Donald Trump has leftists like you pooping their diapers daily.

I like it!

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Nordberg,

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    It does not matter who you are or how powerful you are, go against Trump, and you are purged. Cheney was a powerful conservative and she voted with Trump 93 percent of the time. That does not matter. She dared say Trump lost the vote. Now she is being punished. The Repub party is gone. The Trump fascism is alive and well.
    The really bizarre thing is Cheney has been more loyal to Trump than Stefanik. Cheney voted with Trump more times than Stefanik did.

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,808 Times in 17,249 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,593 Times in 4,271 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Nordberg,

The really bizarre thing is Cheney has been more loyal to Trump than Stefanik. Cheney voted with Trump more times than Stefanik did.
    The Trumpys do not care about the Republiqanon party. They only care about daffy. That is how cults and cons work. They follow one corrupt leader off a cliff or drink the poisoned koolaid when he tells them to. Cheney was way up the ladder of power and prestige for the rightys, until she went against trump once, just once. Now she is out of her position and probably primaried next time she runs. That's what her loyalty to Trump and the party got her.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (05-10-2021), PoliTalker (05-10-2021)

19. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,341 Times in 53,241 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

It makes perfect sense for authoritarians and fascists. That's why most of the QOP is rushing to embrace the ostracism of an actual conservative from their midst.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (05-11-2021), PoliTalker (05-10-2021)

21. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Nordberg,

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    The Trumpys do not care about the Republiqanon party. They only care about daffy. That is how cults and cons work. They follow one corrupt leader off a cliff or drink the poisoned koolaid when he tells them to. Cheney was way up the ladder of power and prestige for the rightys, until she went against trump once, just once. Now she is out of her position and probably primaried next time she runs. That's what her loyalty to Trump and the party got her.
    Would be interesting if she survives her next primary. Maybe her constituents are not so 'bought in?' Time will tell.

Really, she is being punished for voting to impeach the deplorable Donald Trump.

She stepped on his ego. He thrives on controversy, so she is the latest target for his wrath. There will be others.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (05-11-2021)