Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should Conservatives Support Defunding the Police?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 781 Posts

Default Should Conservatives Support Defunding the Police?

I wasnt sure where to put this as it is current events and I wanted to start a discussion on it. Lately I have been doing some thinking and it seems like there is no value to having police. In fact its not just there is no value to having police they are currently a net negative to our country.

I think some examples are the best way to show why I think police have no value in todays society and are even actively harmful.

Example 1 lets say that you are out protesting the death of George Floyd and decided that you wanted to loot your local Walmart for a bunch of plasma Tvs. I clearly remember some people doing this being recorded while they are doing it. Would the police arrest you? The answer is No. This is not theoretical. Looters were not arrested nor charged.

Now lets say you were a business owner who despite covid restrictions wanted to operate your salon and you provided as much protection as you could possibly have. Would the police arrest you? The answer is yes.

Now example 2. Lets say that your part of a riot that burned down some houses. Would the police arrest you? Clearly the answer is no.

Now instead lets flip the situation around. Lets say you had a riot in front of your house and you armed yourself to defend it in case it was burnt down. Would the police arrest you? The answer is yes.

These are just two examples but they are not isolated cases. Police as they are right now exist to protect the law breakers while they arrest those who protect themselves. Once I realized that I found that I would rather not have police at all.

Now to extrapolate a bit further. Lets say you are a conservative living in a small town out in nowhere. Would you really need police? I mean its either that everyone knows everyone or you would need to drive for miles to see someone else. You could theoretically just defend yourself if it came down to it.

Now if your in a big city with maybe some violent elements then maybe you do but those places have made clear they dont want police anyway.
    is on twitter @realtsuke

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

2. The Following 2 Users Groan At tsuke For This Awful Post:

AProudLefty (05-09-2021), Eagle_Eye (05-09-2021)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tsuke For This Post:

anonymoose (05-09-2021), Darth Omar (05-09-2021)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 61 Times in 60 Posts

I think it's in ever municipality's best interests to put their law enforcment's salary on the ballot. Up or down 25c/h each election cycle just sounds like a good idea. Ofcourse salary isnt hourly but you get the idea. Some municipalities could have some real winners on their payroll while others that need less enforcment could trim some fat. With it up to the voters, helps to improve harmony and fare handedness. Law enforcment is a product and a service. Customers should have some say in what theyre buying.

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,484 Times in 1,806 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 431 Times in 393 Posts

I think your proposal would be more precise if framed as "Should conservatives support defunding blue city police."

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

RACIST! lol

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,105 Times in 12,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,443 Times in 1,387 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    RACIST! lol
    Please lose the lol...the Regressives are abusers....they must be treated as abusers.....You do understand why right?
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Please lose the lol...the Regressives are abusers....they must be treated as abusers.....You do understand why right?
    go rain on someone's else's parade
    The article is well written tongue in cheek

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,105 Times in 12,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,443 Times in 1,387 Posts
    Blog Entries

That sounds like a no to me....

Typical conservative right?

Never of any use!
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    That sounds like a no to me....

Typical conservative right?

Never of any use!
    all night binge drinking is turning you into Edgar Allen Poe
    we're gonna find you drunk and passed out on the sidewalk, before likely dead

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Im actually serious. Think about this scenario.

You are driving through town. A bunch of protesters come up to your car and start shaking it. You do nothing and maybe get injured. Would anyone get arrested?

Now another scenario. Same thing happens. You panic and drive through a protester. Would you get arrested for attempted murder/manslaughter?

How about this. A black woman is clearly shown on tape attacking two others with a hammer. No coverings or anything to impede indentification. Would they get arrested?

Or lets take the big one. Jan 6. How many people have been arrested for that and charged? How many people were arrested throughout the summer of riots in 2020 including an actual attempt to secede from the US.

Conservatives like to think in simple terms. We support one party that party supports us.

The reality is the police have chosen which side to support and it isnt ours.

What value to they then hold for us? It would be better to have no police at all. At the very least when you defend yourself there is no one to arrest you.
    is on twitter @realtsuke

12. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by tsuke View Post

You are driving through town. A bunch of protesters come up to your car and start shaking it. You do nothing and maybe get injured. Would anyone get arrested?

Now another scenario. Same thing happens. You panic and drive through a protester. Would you get arrested for attempted murder/manslaughter?

How about this. A black woman is clearly shown on tape attacking two others with a hammer. No coverings or anything to impede indentification. Would they get arrested?

Or lets take the big one. Jan 6. How many people have been arrested for that and charged? How many people were arrested throughout the summer of riots in 2020 including an actual attempt to secede from the US.

Conservatives like to think in simple terms. We support one party that party supports us.

What value to they then hold for us? It would be better to have no police at all. At the very least when you defend yourself there is no one to arrest you.
    its the politicians that direCt the police in most cases,
    or the so called Soros prosecutors that make the bad guys bolder

I get your idea, and the serious questioning behind it. obviously i am against ANY defunding
    but the cops have become political pawns.. many are just leaving- retirement up 75% in NYC for ex.

13. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 61 Times in 60 Posts

I think i made a very valid point. Consumers have a right to a free market. The only way that can be accomplished in the context of law enforcement is when they have a say in how much they will pay. Let individual counties and municipality's chose their pay rate. More topics should be up for a direct vote by the public including whether or not fellons could vote on this one topic. Let them see what else they cant vote on. Hell has no power if it cant dream of heaven.

14. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsuke View Post

It’s obviously not a realistic idea but your satire was spot on.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

15. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

its the politicians that direCt the police in most cases,
    or the so called Soros prosecutors that make the bad guys bolder

I get your idea, and the serious questioning behind it. obviously i am against ANY defunding
    but the cops have become political pawns.. many are just leaving- retirement up 75% in NYC for ex.
    but why are you against any defunding? It would actually be better for you if there were no police because at least then no one would arrest you for defending yourself.

Let me give you another example. Lets say a white person was driving down the street. He is stopped by heavily armed men and told to get down. He resists and is beaten and his car smashed. Would there be anyone arresting his assaulters?

No.

Lets change the scenario a bit. What if it was a black person? Clearly something would have been done and quickly provided the assaulters are of the right race.

If you are against defunding then you are supporting the police. Why would you support the police when they outright discriminate against you?

I mean lets say you have a politician. He says "If I am in power all black people would be free to brutalize and kill all white people while I will use the full force of the law to prevent any white people from retaliating." Would you support that politician? If the answer is no then why are you still supporting police? Let them be defunded.
    is on twitter @realtsuke

16. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 69 Times in 67 Posts
    Blog Entries

Be very careful what you liberals wish for....

17. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    It’s obviously not a realistic idea but your satire was spot on.
    Its not satire its reality. When you say you are against defunding the police you are actively supporting an institution that has shown time and time again that it will let people beat and abuse you and arrest you for resisting.
    is on twitter @realtsuke