Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: April’s expected hiring boom goes bust as payroll gain falls well short of estimates

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,646 Times in 10,702 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 618 Times in 607 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Exactly. You easily got my indirect point. Small businesses and bars are closing because people don't need to go back to work because the gov't is paying them more to sit on their asses. The problem with this is, when the freebies run out, they're too lazy to work. When they are compelled to go back to work, they're unreliable and unproductive. Somehow, this will be Trump's fault.

People who have a 401 account will be taxed, then taxed again when they draw from it. Even harder if drawn from early. You'd be losing more than you'd gain. And Biden says he won't be taxing the middle class...
    Yep...I caught it. We are on the road to massive downturns...much more quickly than I feared...
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

THAT PRES.MORON IS GOING ABOUT DESTROYING THE GREATEST ECONOMY OF OUR LIFETIMES IS NO SURPRISE; HOW QUICKLY HE IS MANAGING TO IS.
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

3. #18 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,612 Times in 17,052 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post
    Yep...I caught it. We are on the road to massive downturns...much more quickly than I feared...
    There are "Help Wanted" signs in front of just about every restaurant and business around here. Wendy's has a sign starting at $12 an hour. One place dropped the age to 16 because they can't find help.
    Biden didn't "create" these jobs, these businesses are struggling to survive during/after the collective shutdowns imposed by our state's governor. Young people just don't want to work like we did.

WTF! I worked for $2.50 an hr. when I was in HS and made (saved) enough to buy a '71 MACH I and pay my own insurance. No help from my parents (other than encouragement).
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Grokmaster (05-09-2021)

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,832 Times in 17,264 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,598 Times in 4,276 Posts

With schools closed, a lot of people cannot go back to working a low-paying job, which is what restaurants and hospitality are. We need childcare.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Phantasmal (05-11-2021)

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdsperg View Post
    With schools closed, a lot of people cannot go back to working a low-paying job, which is what restaurants and hospitality are. We need childcare.
    "Free" indoctrination of toddlers by unionized Marxists?

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,822 Times in 1,527 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 73 Times in 73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    He lies.
    yes hes lied for decades he will tax us all one way or another

9. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletbob View Post
    yes hes lied for decades he will tax us all one way or another
    I suspect that you're correct.

10. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,822 Times in 1,527 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 73 Times in 73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    I suspect that you're correct.
    democrats know it also except the really stupid ones joeys efforts to breath life back into o bung hole care aka soon to be known as blow hole joe care will generate billions in new taxes alone not to mention how his increase in capitol gains taxes and how it will effect investment capitol in the usa

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulletbob For This Post:

Grokmaster (05-09-2021)

12. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Child care for kids old enough to hold a job? WTF?
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

13. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    There are "Help Wanted" signs in front of just about every restaurant and business around here. Wendy's has a sign starting at $12 an hour. One place dropped the age to 16 because they can't find help.
    Biden didn't "create" these jobs, these businesses are struggling to survive during/after the collective shutdowns imposed by our state's governor. Young people just don't want to work like we did.

WTF! I worked for $2.50 an hr. when I was in HS and made (saved) enough to buy a '71 MACH I and pay my own insurance. No help from my parents (other than encouragement).
    THEY MAKE MORE NOT WORKING....

De Oppresso Liber

14. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It did not go bust. We added almost 300,000 jobs. We just did not add as many as were predicted.

15. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It did not go bust. We added almost 300,000 jobs. We just did not add as many as were predicted.
    WE ADDED 75% LESS THAN WAS PREDICTED. WE LOST MORE PAYROLLS THAN WE GAINED.

UNEMPLOYMENT ROSE. AS ARE PRICES...PRECIPITOUSLY....

IT WAS CATASTRPOHIC...AND WILL GET WORSE....

De Oppresso Liber

16. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

THEY MAKE MORE NOT WORKING....
    Yes. Many who can collect unemployment, and the extra $600, now $300 on top of their regular extended unemployment. And it's tax free (drawing from my 401K sure isn't tax free!!)...

17. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

THANKS AGAIN TO PRES.MORON, SIDING WITH TEACHERS' UNIONS AGAINST PARENTS ,STUDENTS AND THE SCIENCE.

THAT PRES.MORON IS GOING ABOUT DESTROYING THE GREATEST ECONOMY OF OUR LIFETIMES IS NO SURPRISE; HOW QUICKLY HE IS MANAGING TO IS.

De Oppresso Liber

18. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

WE ADDED 75% LESS THAN WAS PREDICTED. WE LOST MORE PAYROLLS THAN WE GAINED.

UNEMPLOYMENT ROSE. AS ARE PRICES...PRECIPITOUSLY....

IT WAS CATASTRPOHIC...AND WILL GET WORSE....
    Yes, less than predicted. Do you understand what going bust means, or are you deliberately obfuscating for right-wing effect?