Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 29 of 29

Thread: If This Case Was A Horse-race It Would Be A Walkover

  1. #16 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    21,567
    Thanks
    9,184
    Thanked 11,244 Times in 7,783 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1,108 Times in 1,042 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Djinn View Post
    There are 32 countries with national health care system - including all of the major first-world powers in Northern, Southern, and Western Europe. To the best of my knowledge, none of these countries have government factions advocating for a switch to the U.S. healthcare model.
    They can afford it because they don't waste billions on the military
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Althea For This Post:

    Djinn (05-08-2021), guno (05-09-2021), ThatOwlWoman (05-09-2021)

  3. #17 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 21 Times in 14 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    They can afford it because they don't waste billions on the military
    A valid point. Most of those who gripe about Biden's $2 trillion infrastructure plan fail to recognize that the cost is less than a third of our annual military budget.

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Djinn For This Post:

    Althea (05-09-2021), guno (05-09-2021), ThatOwlWoman (05-09-2021)

  5. #18 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    3,263
    Thanks
    908
    Thanked 409 Times in 367 Posts
    Groans
    51
    Groaned 98 Times in 85 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    They can afford it because they don't waste billions on the military

    To Althea:
    Was it a waste when RR won the Cold War without firing a shot? In short: The Soviet Union was a Third World country with a First World Military, yet they could not compete against our military because of the money RR spent rebuilding a depleted military after the Democrat Party gave their own country a political defeat in Vietnam. (The U.S. military never lost a battle in Vietnam.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Djinn View Post
    A valid point. Most of those who gripe about Biden's $2 trillion infrastructure plan fail to recognize that the cost is less than a third of our annual military budget.
    To Djinn: Biden’s infrastructure plan is doublespeak for creating parasite government jobs, while the U.S. military budget is 3.4 percent of the GDP.


    That which free people call a police force is called an army in a dictatorship. Once the threat of cross-border wars has been laid to rest, every national army must transform itself into a police force committed to protecting the ruling class, and suppressing private sector liberties. Why is that significant? Answer: A professional soldier serves a higher calling than does a policeman.

    https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...34#post2980134

    Keep the difference between an army and a police force in mind if you take the time to analyze this chart:

    https://data.worldbank.org/indicator...S?locations=US

    Finally, American Communists (the Democrat Party) clearly want China’s military superior to ours.


    Parenthetically, liberals always put their tax dollar demands above the needs of the military-industrial complex. In fact, the Parasite Class’ media- education-entertainment complex is ripping this country apart, while Eisenhower’s military-industrial complex defends this country. Listen to what he said:


    Ike was correct. The military-industrial complex is necessary, while the media-education-entertainment complex is neither necessary, nor good for the country.

    Finally, every time the next budget is debated Democrats swear the military budget needed to defend the nation is not an ethical ENTITLEMENT. Think about that in relation to the political power of the Parasite Class and their philosophical entitlements.

    https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...26#post2879026
    The basic test of freedom is perhaps less in what we are free to do than in what we are free not to do. It is the freedom to refrain, withdraw and abstain which makes a totalitarian regime impossible. Eric Hoffer

  6. #19 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    21,567
    Thanks
    9,184
    Thanked 11,244 Times in 7,783 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1,108 Times in 1,042 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flanders View Post

    To Althea:
    Was it a waste when RR won the Cold War without firing a shot? In short: The Soviet Union was a Third World country with a First World Military, yet they could not compete against our military because of the money RR spent rebuilding a depleted military after the Democrat Party gave their own country a political defeat in Vietnam. (The U.S. military never lost a battle in Vietnam.)



    To Djinn: Biden’s infrastructure plan is doublespeak for creating parasite government jobs, while the U.S. military budget is 3.4 percent of the GDP.


    That which free people call a police force is called an army in a dictatorship. Once the threat of cross-border wars has been laid to rest, every national army must transform itself into a police force committed to protecting the ruling class, and suppressing private sector liberties. Why is that significant? Answer: A professional soldier serves a higher calling than does a policeman.

    https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...34#post2980134

    Keep the difference between an army and a police force in mind if you take the time to analyze this chart:

    https://data.worldbank.org/indicator...S?locations=US

    Finally, American Communists (the Democrat Party) clearly want China’s military superior to ours.


    Parenthetically, liberals always put their tax dollar demands above the needs of the military-industrial complex. In fact, the Parasite Class’ media- education-entertainment complex is ripping this country apart, while Eisenhower’s military-industrial complex defends this country. Listen to what he said:


    Ike was correct. The military-industrial complex is necessary, while the media-education-entertainment complex is neither necessary, nor good for the country.

    Finally, every time the next budget is debated Democrats swear the military budget needed to defend the nation is not an ethical ENTITLEMENT. Think about that in relation to the political power of the Parasite Class and their philosophical entitlements.

    https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...26#post2879026
    The U.S has been sent packing in every military engagement we've incited since the end of WW2.

    Time for us to realize the high tech toys cannot win wars anymore. In fact, we're getting attacked every day in cyberspace, while the MIC wastes billions on obsolete weaponry.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Althea For This Post:

    guno (05-09-2021), ThatOwlWoman (05-09-2021)

  8. #20 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 21 Times in 14 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flanders View Post
    [COLOR=#ff0000]

    To Djinn: Biden’s infrastructure plan is doublespeak for creating parasite government jobs, while the U.S. military budget is 3.4 percent of the GDP.[INDENT]
    Your argument makes no sense. The first half of your argument is a criticism of government jobs. And the second half concerns how much is spent on the military.

    To address each - government jobs are not automatically "bad." Our infrastructure is crumbling, and we badly need jobs to shore it up. And there's the obvious issue that the U.S. military is not only a massive source of government jobs - but it's the largest employer in the world, providing 3.2 million government jobs.

    As to the GDP - I'm not checking your figures, but Biden's plan costs less than 1/3 that of the military. So if the military is 3.4% of the GDP, then Biden's infrastructure plan is about 1% of the GDP.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Djinn For This Post:

    guno (05-09-2021), ThatOwlWoman (05-09-2021)

  10. #21 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Ravenhenge in the Northwoods
    Posts
    46,298
    Thanks
    77,816
    Thanked 36,480 Times in 23,091 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 3,976 Times in 3,726 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Djinn View Post
    A valid point. Most of those who gripe about Biden's $2 trillion infrastructure plan fail to recognize that the cost is less than a third of our annual military budget.
    The RWers in this country have created an endless money drain cycle with the defense budget. "We're the toughest nation in the world, no one fucks with us" ---> "We NEED a strong military so no one fucks with us" ---> "We're the toughest nation...... "
    “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” -- Gandhi

  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

    Althea (05-09-2021), Djinn (05-10-2021), guno (05-09-2021)

  12. #22 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    3,263
    Thanks
    908
    Thanked 409 Times in 367 Posts
    Groans
    51
    Groaned 98 Times in 85 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    The U.S has been sent packing in every military engagement we've incited since the end of WW2.
    To Althea: Get your facts straight before you spout Communist talking points.

    The Korean and the Vietnam wars were not military defeats:


    America used a small percentage of its military might and WEAPONRY in Iraq and Afghanistan. Should it ever come to an all-out war this country fights to win instead of fighting PEACE WITHOUT VICTORY wars like Korea, Vietnam, and Iraq type wars, it would not take long to defeat an enemy country, or countries, so long as the U.S. military is fighting for their country not fighting for the U.N.’s global agenda.

    https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...75#post4363175

    Korea was the first PEACE WITHOUT VICTORY war. It ended in a truce. American troops are still there:


    . . . the U.N.’s Korean War is technically the longest war because it never ended thanks to President Wilson’s PEACE WITHOUT VICTORY war policy.

    https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...75#post4363175

    Do you think the U.S. Military was sent packing in Iraq?

    A United Nations INTERNATIONAL COALITION in the Gulf War stopped Bush the Elder from going all the way to Bagdad. Had Bush toppled Saddam Hussein in 1990 there would have been no need to invade Iraq after 9-11-2001.

    Parenthetically, media mouths applauded Bush the Elder’s Desert Storm because the U.N. was in charge from start to finish. Desert Storm —— like Korea —— was a Peace Without Victory war. Total Victory was secondary. Total defeat in the Vietnam War was primary because the United Nations opposed victory.

    https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...10#post3148410

    XXXXX


    Incidentally, the Korean and Vietnam Wars were fought for the same reason with one major difference separating the two. The United Nations supported the Korean War while it opposed the Vietnam War. Hence, anti-Vietnam War demonstrators brought retreat and political defeat to their own country, while demonstrating against the Korean War would have amounted to demonstrating against the United Nations, the one thing Communists will never do.

    https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...28#post3100228

    The United Nations did not sanction the Vietnam War that ended in a political defeat:


    John Kerry was not famous when he first betrayed the country. Kerry was a U.S. Senator in 1995 when General Bui Tin was interviewed:


    A Primer on Why We Lost Vietnam : A Vietnamese general confirms the anti-war movement's role in the U.S. defeat.
    August 06, 1995
    DAVID HOROWITZ

    http://articles.latimes.com/1995-08-...i-war-movement


    You can bet that the crowd in Hanoi were shaking their heads in bewilderment when Kerry first went to Congress. Kerry did give the old Commies a good laugh when they saw the traitor they met in Paris in 1971 go on to run for president and later become secretary of state. In short: Bui Tin had every reason to save Kerry from disgrace by not thanking him publicly along with Jane Fonda, Ramsey Clark et al.

    Kerry not becoming president in 2004 was the one and only time he disappointed North Vietnam.

    https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...87#post2917187

    Afghanistan is also a United Nations war. Then-Senator Biden called for that war —— while President

    Biden's plan to withdraw US troops from Afghanistan splits Congress -- but not just on party lines
    By Jeremy Herb
    Updated 6:44 PM ET, Tue April 13, 2021

    https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/13/polit...ons/index.html

    Basically, U.N.-lovers in both parties do not want to see the United Nations get the blame for starting the Afghanistan War. Naturally, withdrawal will give American Communists another opportunity to claim another victory over the U.S. Military.

    Parenthetically, the United Nations spent decades trying to tell the U.S. Military where it fights, and what it fights for; so any money Democrats give to the U.S. Military will end up in United Nations hands to pay for U.N. sanctioned wars as well as serve the U.N. as so-called ‘Peacekeepers’.

    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Time for us to realize the high tech toys cannot win wars anymore. In fact, we're getting attacked every day in cyberspace, while the MIC wastes billions on obsolete weaponry.
    To Althea: Only God knows how many billions China’s & Russia’s military-industrial-complexes spend on obsolete weapons.

    This one gave me a laugh:


    Putin Announces Silent Submarine - Image Results

    https://search.aol.com/aol/image;_yl...bmarine&v_t=na

    Finally, John Kerry gave Iran billions to develop nuclear bombs. Ask John Kerry if he considered nuclear weapons obsolete.

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    ---> "We NEED a strong military so no one fucks with us" ---> "We're the toughest nation...... "

    To ThatOwlWoman:
    It must be true because the U.S. Military never loses even when they are betrayed politically from within.
    The basic test of freedom is perhaps less in what we are free to do than in what we are free not to do. It is the freedom to refrain, withdraw and abstain which makes a totalitarian regime impossible. Eric Hoffer

  13. #23 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Ravenhenge in the Northwoods
    Posts
    46,298
    Thanks
    77,816
    Thanked 36,480 Times in 23,091 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 3,976 Times in 3,726 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flanders View Post
    To ThatOwlWoman: It must be true because the U.S. Military never loses even when they are betrayed politically from within.
    Um, other than World War II, what was the last war that we "won"?
    “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” -- Gandhi

  14. #24 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    21,567
    Thanks
    9,184
    Thanked 11,244 Times in 7,783 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1,108 Times in 1,042 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flanders View Post
    To Althea: Get your facts straight before you spout Communist talking points.

    The Korean and the Vietnam wars were not military defeats:


    America used a small percentage of its military might and WEAPONRY in Iraq and Afghanistan. Should it ever come to an all-out war this country fights to win instead of fighting PEACE WITHOUT VICTORY wars like Korea, Vietnam, and Iraq type wars, it would not take long to defeat an enemy country, or countries, so long as the U.S. military is fighting for their country not fighting for the U.N.’s global agenda.

    https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...75#post4363175

    Korea was the first PEACE WITHOUT VICTORY war. It ended in a truce. American troops are still there:


    . . . the U.N.’s Korean War is technically the longest war because it never ended thanks to President Wilson’s PEACE WITHOUT VICTORY war policy.

    https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...75#post4363175

    Do you think the U.S. Military was sent packing in Iraq?

    A United Nations INTERNATIONAL COALITION in the Gulf War stopped Bush the Elder from going all the way to Bagdad. Had Bush toppled Saddam Hussein in 1990 there would have been no need to invade Iraq after 9-11-2001.

    Parenthetically, media mouths applauded Bush the Elder’s Desert Storm because the U.N. was in charge from start to finish. Desert Storm —— like Korea —— was a Peace Without Victory war. Total Victory was secondary. Total defeat in the Vietnam War was primary because the United Nations opposed victory.

    https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...10#post3148410

    XXXXX


    Incidentally, the Korean and Vietnam Wars were fought for the same reason with one major difference separating the two. The United Nations supported the Korean War while it opposed the Vietnam War. Hence, anti-Vietnam War demonstrators brought retreat and political defeat to their own country, while demonstrating against the Korean War would have amounted to demonstrating against the United Nations, the one thing Communists will never do.

    https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...28#post3100228

    The United Nations did not sanction the Vietnam War that ended in a political defeat:


    John Kerry was not famous when he first betrayed the country. Kerry was a U.S. Senator in 1995 when General Bui Tin was interviewed:


    A Primer on Why We Lost Vietnam : A Vietnamese general confirms the anti-war movement's role in the U.S. defeat.
    August 06, 1995
    DAVID HOROWITZ

    http://articles.latimes.com/1995-08-...i-war-movement


    You can bet that the crowd in Hanoi were shaking their heads in bewilderment when Kerry first went to Congress. Kerry did give the old Commies a good laugh when they saw the traitor they met in Paris in 1971 go on to run for president and later become secretary of state. In short: Bui Tin had every reason to save Kerry from disgrace by not thanking him publicly along with Jane Fonda, Ramsey Clark et al.

    Kerry not becoming president in 2004 was the one and only time he disappointed North Vietnam.

    https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...87#post2917187

    Afghanistan is also a United Nations war. Then-Senator Biden called for that war —— while President

    Biden's plan to withdraw US troops from Afghanistan splits Congress -- but not just on party lines
    By Jeremy Herb
    Updated 6:44 PM ET, Tue April 13, 2021

    https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/13/polit...ons/index.html

    Basically, U.N.-lovers in both parties do not want to see the United Nations get the blame for starting the Afghanistan War. Naturally, withdrawal will give American Communists another opportunity to claim another victory over the U.S. Military.

    Parenthetically, the United Nations spent decades trying to tell the U.S. Military where it fights, and what it fights for; so any money Democrats give to the U.S. Military will end up in United Nations hands to pay for U.N. sanctioned wars as well as serve the U.N. as so-called ‘Peacekeepers’.



    To Althea: Only God knows how many billions China’s & Russia’s military-industrial-complexes spend on obsolete weapons.

    This one gave me a laugh:


    Putin Announces Silent Submarine - Image Results

    https://search.aol.com/aol/image;_yl...bmarine&v_t=na

    Finally, John Kerry gave Iran billions to develop nuclear bombs. Ask John Kerry if he considered nuclear weapons obsolete.



    To ThatOwlWoman:
    It must be true because the U.S. Military never loses even when they are betrayed politically from within.
    We've been getting our asses kicked in every military engagement since Korea.

    EVERY SINGLE ONE
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

    ThatOwlWoman (05-09-2021)

  16. #25 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    21,567
    Thanks
    9,184
    Thanked 11,244 Times in 7,783 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1,108 Times in 1,042 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Um, other than World War II, what was the last war that we "won"?
    We don't win wars. We show off our superior toys, but we never close the deal.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

    ThatOwlWoman (05-09-2021)

  18. #26 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Ravenhenge in the Northwoods
    Posts
    46,298
    Thanks
    77,816
    Thanked 36,480 Times in 23,091 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 3,976 Times in 3,726 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    We don't win wars. We show off our superior toys, but we never close the deal.
    Nope. Throw a few bombs at some brown people in another land, shake each other's hands, and walk off into the sunset pretending that we "won" -- American military tactics.
    “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” -- Gandhi

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

    Althea (05-09-2021)

  20. #27 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    3,263
    Thanks
    908
    Thanked 409 Times in 367 Posts
    Groans
    51
    Groaned 98 Times in 85 Posts

    Default

    JPP Libs must get their talking points from:




    I have not read any of John Mueller’s books. I did read the book review.

    Assuming the review is accurate, Mueller’s latest effort does not lay the blame on Woodrow Wilson’s PEACE WITHOUT VICTORY, nor does Mueller accuse the United Nations —— both are the reasons for this country’s disastrous war policy.

    This is the only thing I could find worth noting:


    To make America a prosperous and successful country again, it must destroy its parasitic class of security hysterics and war hawks who set policy in Washington.


    Revolver Book Review: “The Stupidity of War” — To Save America We Must Abolish “Defense-Diplomacy” Complex
    May 11, 2021 (6h ago)

    https://www.revolver.news/2021/05/bo...pidity-of-war/
    The basic test of freedom is perhaps less in what we are free to do than in what we are free not to do. It is the freedom to refrain, withdraw and abstain which makes a totalitarian regime impossible. Eric Hoffer

  21. #28 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    7,897
    Thanks
    371
    Thanked 2,502 Times in 1,968 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 101 Times in 99 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Who told you that?
    His own mind did.

  22. #29 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    7,897
    Thanks
    371
    Thanked 2,502 Times in 1,968 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 101 Times in 99 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Nope. Throw a few bombs at some brown people in another land, shake each other's hands, and walk off into the sunset pretending that we "won" -- American military tactics.
    This shit above passes for leftist "wisdom". You're a fucking dumbass

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Yakuda For This Post:

    Flanders (05-13-2021)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-11-2020, 03:53 AM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-05-2018, 04:17 PM
  3. Who Is/Was the Greatest Race Horse of All Time ?
    By protectionist in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-20-2016, 10:59 AM
  4. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 01-24-2016, 02:59 AM
  5. The Horse Race
    By Cypress in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-19-2007, 08:11 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •