Thread: Greetings all!

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,633 Times in 51,921 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn View Post
    I stand corrected then. So what was your motivation to use this feature that you were apparently against?
    Congrats. You've just witnessed the entire summation of Legion's personality.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

AProudLefty (05-08-2021), Djinn (05-08-2021), ThatOwlWoman (05-09-2021)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 1,136 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 154 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Djinn is a "council" member at PH who protected a moderator "rassales" who doxxed me to other members davocrat and idiocarat, idiocarat is a banned member's sock they allow to continue to post there you know him here now as inkslinger, you know, the guy doxing me what 5 times now? seems fair, I know right?

They banned me for "staff abuse" because I stood up and fought for them to do the right thing and ban those harassing me and sharing my personal information. as you can see he runs a shitty little clique site that allows certain members to stalk and cyber harass other members. He's only here now because of me, more of the stalking and harassing I have been dealing with for months.

PH used to be much better when it was fair, they then purged all the RW mods and the site turned into a lw echo chamber where the mods gang up on RW posters. I led an exodus of over 50 members from the site and that really stung djinn I guess.

Anyway, seems PH simply can't quit me.

Go fuck yourself, Djinn.

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 1,136 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 154 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    PH must have some pretty strict moderation if it's been around since '05 and has such low volume.

It's a slippery slope. If there is excessive moderation, it results in low volume of posts. That makes it hard to build more participation.

If there is little moderation, it results in lots of trolling, but the volume of posts generated by flame wars makes a chat board pretty active.

Let's check it out...

Yup. Guessed it:

"You agree to not use this website to submit or link to any content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, ..."

That would rule out 95% of the posts at JPP and relegate it to being a similar low-volume site.

So the owner "Chip" uses the forum to datamine user information and shares your contributions with spam houses and other pay to click ad sources, not simple google ad words, but nefarious types of shit. Last scan there were over 25 different revenue generating plugins in place at ph. It used to be higher volume but they decided to purge the balance on staff and abuse non lw posters. I led an exodus of over 90% of the right wing members, it was a two week pause, they started to adress the issue then doubled down. We left for good.

Now for some reason, djinn just happens to be here? hmmmmmmm. inkslinger just happens to be here? Seems PH really misses me. lol

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,865 Times in 7,323 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 785 Times in 732 Posts
    Blog Entries

Not especially. I've only been on the site for a day - not nearly long enough to have pissed of anyone significantly. And I don't think any of my posts qualify as trolling or "assholish."

Did I break some rule of which I was unaware?
    You don't have to do anything beyond exist to be threadbanned, it's up to the OP.
    WATERMARK, GREATEST OF THE TRINITY, ON CHIK-FIL-A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    The fields of mediocre chicken sandwiches shall be sowed with salt, so that nothing may ever grow there again.
    www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

6. The Following User Says Thank You to /MSG/ For This Post:

Drummie123 (05-12-2021)

7. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 28 Times in 25 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Filed Under: Entitlement.

8. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 28 Times in 25 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
    Djinn is a "council" member at PH who protected a moderator "rassales" who doxxed me to other members davocrat and idiocarat, idiocarat is a banned member's sock they allow to continue to post there you know him here now as inkslinger, you know, the guy doxing me what 5 times now? seems fair, I know right?

They banned me for "staff abuse" because I stood up and fought for them to do the right thing and ban those harassing me and sharing my personal information. as you can see he runs a shitty little clique site that allows certain members to stalk and cyber harass other members. He's only here now because of me, more of the stalking and harassing I have been dealing with for months.

PH used to be much better when it was fair, they then purged all the RW mods and the site turned into a lw echo chamber where the mods gang up on RW posters. I led an exodus of over 50 members from the site and that really stung djinn I guess.

Anyway, seems PH simply can't quit me.

Go fuck yourself, Djinn.
    AT FIRST I WONDERED IF THERE WAS A CONNECTION BETWEEN JEN SAKI AND THIS DJINN FELLOW UNTIL I FOUND THIS:

Jinn (Arabic: جن‎, jinn)—also romanized as djinn or anglicized as genie (with the broader meaning of spirit or demon, depending on source)[1][2]—are supernatural creatures in early pre-Islamic Arabian and later Islamic mythology and theology.[3] Like humans, they are created with fitra, neither born as believers nor as unbelievers, but their attitude depends on whether they accept God's guidance.[3] Since jinn are neither innately evil nor innately good, Islam acknowledged spirits from other religions, and was able to adapt spirits from other religions during its expansion. Jinn are not a strictly Islamic concept; they may represent several pagan beliefs integrated into Islam.[a][5]

In an Islamic context, the term jinn is used for both a collective designation for any supernatural creature and also to refer to a specific type of supernatural creature.[6] Therefore, jinn are often mentioned together with devils/demons (shayāṭīn). Both devils and jinn feature in folklore and are held responsible for misfortune, possession and diseases. However, the jinn are sometimes supportive and benevolent. They are mentioned frequently in magical works throughout the Islamic world, to be summoned and bound to a sorcerer, but also in zoological treatises as animals with a subtle body.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jinn

9. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,761 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,342 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

Oh look! Leroy Jenkins tried to make a funny!

10. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,770 Times in 7,271 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

Hello JPP -

I'm a staff member from Political Hotwire. I occasionally join other forums to get insights into how other forums are run with an eye toward improving our own processes and policies.

Also, I have a question for a staff member, but there seems to be a ten-post minimum for sending PMs. I've no interest in spamming nine posts to circumvent this, and would be grateful if someone might waive this understandable restriction.
    Run while you have the chance.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

11. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

They banned me for "staff abuse" because I stood up and fought for them to do the right thing and ban those harassing me and sharing my personal information. as you can see he runs a shitty little clique site that allows certain members to stalk and cyber harass other members. He's only here now because of me, more of the stalking and harassing I have been dealing with for months. .....
    Oh Jits! The hero always standing up for doing the right thing! /sarcasm

Dude, if you weren't lying all the time, you'd have nothing to say.

12. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,761 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,342 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

Oh look! Leroy's post disappeared as by magic!!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to AProudLefty For This Post:

Doc Dutch (05-17-2021)

14. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello JPP -

I'm a staff member from Political Hotwire. I occasionally join other forums to get insights into how other forums are run with an eye toward improving our own processes and policies.

Also, I have a question for a staff member, but there seems to be a ten-post minimum for sending PMs. I've no interest in spamming nine posts to circumvent this, and would be grateful if someone might waive this understandable restriction.
    Are you who JPP members have to thank for banning Rev_Hellhound? LOL

15. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    PH must have some pretty strict moderation if it's been around since '05 and has such low volume.

It's a slippery slope. If there is excessive moderation, it results in low volume of posts. That makes it hard to build more participation.

If there is little moderation, it results in lots of trolling, but the volume of posts generated by flame wars makes a chat board pretty active.

Let's check it out...

Yup. Guessed it:

"You agree to not use this website to submit or link to any content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, ..."

That would rule out 95% of the posts at JPP and relegate it to being a similar low-volume site.
    Forums vary. I've been on several over the past 25ish years. Agreed about slippery slope regarding moderation. It's one reason why I like JPP: light moderation.

Some forums are politically or religiously biased, others are whimsical in their moderation. JPP has always been among the most lightly moderated and the most fair.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

PoliTalker (05-17-2021)

17. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So the owner "Chip" uses the forum to datamine user information and shares your contributions with spam houses and other pay to click ad sources, not simple google ad words, but nefarious types of shit. Last scan there were over 25 different revenue generating plugins in place at ph. It used to be higher volume but they decided to purge the balance on staff and abuse non lw posters. I led an exodus of over 90% of the right wing members, it was a two week pause, they started to adress the issue then doubled down. We left for good.

Now for some reason, djinn just happens to be here? hmmmmmmm. inkslinger just happens to be here? Seems PH really misses me. lol
    Wow, Jits. That sounds right up your doxxing alley. If you're so rich, why haven't you bought JPP or PH yourself?

Is that how you doxxed people on JPP and PH? You "datamined" them?

18. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Are you who JPP members have to thank for banning Rev_Hellhound? LOL
    It was more of a group effort. If anything, I probably delayed Rev HH's ban trying to resolve matters via PM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Djinn For This Post:

Doc Dutch (05-18-2021)

20. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It was more of a group effort. If anything, I probably delayed Rev HH's ban trying to resolve matters via PM.
    After a few months of witnessing his doxxing, cyberstalking and cyberbullying, it's understandable why the group banned him.