Thread: Mexican or Not Mexican?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,027 Times in 12,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Mexican or Not Mexican?

If you needed someone to work on your house, fixing/replacing/building anything in your house, would you rather they showed up Mexican of Not Mexican?

The worst have been Not Mexican, at least the three worst.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

This reminds me of Tony Bourdain saying often that he would never consider hiring a non immigrant dish washer....too lazy....too slow.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Worst was a Not Mexican plumber.....he caused $1200 in damage/not required work.

That pissed me off.

4. #4 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,507 Times in 16,971 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

I'd first hire the Amish, then the Mennonites. Both are hard workers and do quality work. Their craftsmanship is hard to beat.
    My mother had her furniture and stands made by the Amish. The craftsmanship, fit and finish is second to none, although it
    took some time until they were finished. The elite products always take time to make and don't come cheap.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    I'd first hire the Amish, then the Mennonites. Both are hard workers and do quality work. Their craftsmanship is hard to beat.
    My mother had her furniture and stands made by the Amish. The craftsmanship, fit and finish is second to none, although it
    took some time until they were finished. The elite products always take time to make and don't come cheap.
    I have heard that.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I dont know how common Mexican tradesman are in FlyOver Country, here in W Washington were I have been for almost exactly 17 years they are all over.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Back about 20 years ago in Arizona I knew people who for almost any job would drive by a Home Depot and pick up a Mexican or a few.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,918 Times in 13,188 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 829 Times in 788 Posts

Depends on what I needed done. If it were plumbing or electrical not a chance in hell I'd have a "Mexican" doing it. Supervised, drywall or something like carpet, tile, and the like fine. Supervised.

I've been around the block too many times with Mexican-- not Hispanic American--workers and their product to know that if it takes real skill and technical knowledge or has to be done to a certain standard, it won't be if you don't stand there and make them do it right.

I've seen so much electrical tape used to cover idiot mistakes by Mexican "electricians" to know they don't know what the hell they're doing. They burned down a friend of the wife's house in a kitchen remuddle. I find their shit work all the time going behind them fixing their fuck ups--yes, I know who was there before me.
    Basic stuff they can do just fine but you have to watch. On a job last year I had my guys cut drywall to run new wiring in a triplex. The retard Mexican "John" (who was also a felon-- I noticed his tats right off and he confirmed it) the GC was using to patch behind me actually put cardboard and duct tape over some of the cuts then mudded them. I made my guys tear it all out and complained to the GC. His guy was like "Why do you care? It's a shitty rental..." I care. Doesn't matter how shitty a rental or anything else it is. It gets done right.

Of course, I don't hire people to work on my house like 90% of the time because I can do it myself professionally without them...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

Hawkeye10 (05-05-2021)

10. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Depends on what I needed done. If it were plumbing or electrical not a chance in hell I'd have a "Mexican" doing it. Supervised, drywall or something like carpet, tile, and the like fine. Supervised.

I've been around the block too many times with Mexican-- not Hispanic American--workers and their product to know that if it takes real skill and technical knowledge or has to be done to a certain standard, it won't be if you don't stand there and make them do it right.

I've seen so much electrical tape used to cover idiot mistakes by Mexican "electricians" to know they don't know what the hell they're doing. They burned down a friend of the wife's house in a kitchen remuddle. I find their shit work all the time going behind them fixing their fuck ups--yes, I know who was there before me.
    Basic stuff they can do just fine but you have to watch. On a job last year I had my guys cut drywall to run new wiring in a triplex. The retard Mexican "John" (who was also a felon-- I noticed his tats right off and he confirmed it) the GC was using to patch behind me actually put cardboard and duct tape over some of the cuts then mudded them. I made my guys tear it all out and complained to the GC. His guy was like "Why do you care? It's a shitty rental..." I care. Doesn't matter how shitty a rental or anything else it is. It gets done right.

Of course, I don't hire people to work on my house like 90% of the time because I can do it myself professionally without them...
    Interesting, thank you for your contribution.

I dont have anything to say at the moment, this is a listening/learning exercise.

11. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Back about 20 years ago in Arizona I knew people who for almost any job would drive by a Home Depot and pick up a Mexican or a few.
    There's still a few HD's were you see that like the one on Thomas and 36th St. in Phoenix or the one at Camelback and Grand but most don't have that anymore.

12. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    There's still a few HD's were you see that like the one on Thomas and 36th St. in Phoenix or the one at Camelback and Grand but most don't have that anymore.
    Mexicans sure cant say that they have not been welcomed in Arizona.....this claim that America is a mostly racist country is a lie..... a lie told by white hating racists.

13. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Interesting, thank you for your contribution.

I dont have anything to say at the moment, this is a listening/learning exercise.
    If you don't have experience dealing with the workers, I'd advise against it in almost every case. I have experience, so it's different with me. I know how to press them when they are doing shit work and make them do it right. Once they realize if it isn't right they're going to get screwed on pay or made to do it over they start really taking more care. I still wouldn't trust them to do more technical and complex things like plumbing, HVAC, or electrical but for stuff like block fence, carpet, tile, concrete, and the like where it's mostly labor once they know you'll spot any shortcuts they won't take any because they want to get paid.

They also lighten up a lot if you're nice to them for doing a good job. My way of doing that is cervaza (beer) on Friday. Show up on a job where you have them working for over a week with a trashcan full of iced beer and they're you're buddies. Once they get to know you--'Hey it's the wheto!' (It's the White guy!)--you can get them to do good work for you.

Their attitude otherwise is they want to do it fast, get paid, and they can't see it from their house.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

Hawkeye10 (05-05-2021)

15. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Me
    Mexicans sure cant say that they have not been welcomed in Arizona.....this claim that America is a mostly racist country is a lie..... a lie told by white hating racists.
    The lack of truth telling here reminds me of how no matter what a woman does a man is to keep his mouth closed and do as he is told..."If Momma aint happy then no one is happy"...because it is claimed that men have the power and that victims should rule ( Two of the primarily claims of the Victim Culture Cult).

Whites seem to be allergic to standing up for themselves against false claims of racism.

I am not having it.

16. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

BTW according to the cult pointing out that you are not a racist is a micro aggression, and not only should it never be done but if you do it anyways that pretty much broadcasts that you are a shit person.

Not even keeping your mouth shut is good enough for them increasingly....if you are not saying the words that you are supposed to say...with conviction....you are to be hurt.

UTOPIA IS A STERN BITCH!

17. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

Korean or not Korean?

What is hawkeye.
    Don't be afraid to see what you see