Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Herd Immunity Proven To Be A Failed Approach To Corona

Brazil:

"Simon Ostrovsky:

The country's top leadership allowed the virus to spread unhindered in the name of the economy and with the belief that so-called herd immunity could end the pandemic.

Marcia Castro:

It was a sequence of mistakes that accumulated and end up with what we're seeing now, many more deaths than we should see and hospitals not about to collapse, but completely collapsed already.

Simon Ostrovsky:

The city of Manaus, deep in the Amazon, was where the health system collapsed first and hardest. It became so overwhelmed that doctors ran out of oxygen, and many COVID patients simply suffocated to death.

According to Jorge Kalil, the head of clinical immunology and allergy at the University of Sao Paulo School of Medicine, it became a breeding ground for a new highly infectious variant called P.1.

Jorge Kalil:

In Manaus, for instance, we had many people that had already the disease, so we had partial immunity. When you have partial immunity, you can select mutants that have a better adherence to the receptor or can escape from the immune response.

Simon Ostrovsky:

The idea that herd immunity could provide a population with protection was disproven disastrously here."

Bolsonaro faces criminal investigation, possible impeachment over COVID response in Brazil

"Brazil formalized a criminal investigation last week into President Jair Bolsonaro’s response to the pandemic. It could lead to his impeachment. The country just passed 400,000 total fatalities so far, with no significant slowdown in sight. With support from the Sloan Foundation, special correspondent Simon Ostrovsky and producer Charles Lyons bring us the first of two reports.

Brazil's Supreme Court formalized a criminal investigation last week into President Jair Bolsonaro's handling of the pandemic. It could eventually lead to his impeachment.

At the same time, Brazil's death toll from COVID-19 continues to spiral out of control. The country just passed 400,000 fatalities since the beginning of the pandemic, with no significant slowdown in sight."
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Cypress (05-06-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,614 Times in 10,679 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 617 Times in 606 Posts
    Blog Entries

POOR CORONA-MANIAC ENTERING CRITICAL MASS MELTDOWN AS ITS BELOVED VIRUS DIES OUT...^^^
    Last edited by Grokmaster; 05-05-2021 at 10:37 PM.
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Grokmaster For This Post:

anonymoose (05-06-2021), Callinectes (05-05-2021), cancel2 2022 (05-05-2021), Stone (05-05-2021), War=Peace (05-06-2021)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post
    POOR CORONA-MANIAC ENTERRING CRITICAL MASS MELTDOWN AS ITS BELOVED VIRUS DIES OUT...^^^
    She's truly an obsessional bitch, never fucking stops! She can shove her PIP up her back passage.

6. The Following User Groans At cancel2 2022 For This Awful Post:

signalmankenneth (05-06-2021)

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

Grokmaster (05-05-2021), Stone (05-05-2021), War=Peace (05-06-2021)

8. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

Herd Immunity Proven To Be A Failed Approach To Corona
    Bull Shit
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

Grokmaster (05-05-2021), Stone (05-05-2021), War=Peace (05-06-2021)

10. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,614 Times in 10,679 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 617 Times in 606 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    She's truly an obsessional bitch, never fucking stops! She can shove her PIP up her back passage.
    SHE WILL BE LIKE A LOST SHIP AT SEA WHEN THE SINO-DEMOCRAT BIO-ATTACK VIRUS FINALLY DIES OFF...
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Grokmaster For This Post:

War=Peace (05-06-2021)

12. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,022 Times in 8,279 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Herd Immunity Proven To Be A Failed Approach To Corona
    Bull Shit
    If Brazil and India are nowhere near herd immunity, then the USA is nowhere near even being nowhere near herd immunity. For some reason, natural herd immunity is not happening. Hawkeye's hoping, Grok's screaming, and the rest's crying is not changing that.

Maybe vaccine immunity will work out better, and lead to vaccinated herd immunity. We can hope, but we have to work as if even that will fail.

13. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    If Brazil and India are nowhere near herd immunity, then the USA is nowhere near even being nowhere near herd immunity. For some reason, natural herd immunity is not happening. Hawkeye's hoping, Grok's screaming, and the rest's crying is not changing that.

Maybe vaccine immunity will work out better, and lead to vaccinated herd immunity. We can hope, but we have to work as if even that will fail.
    It’s a fact that some degree of any population has natural immunity to the CCP virus, Alter.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

14. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    It’s a fact that some degree of any population has natural immunity to the CCP virus, Alter.
    We all have immune systems that would fight any disease, so I guess to some degree we all have some natural immunity to any disease... That simply is not good enough to defeat Covid-19.

Now we have to figure out why, so we can defeat Covid-19.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

PoliTalker (05-06-2021)

16. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

We all have immune systems that would fight any disease, so I guess to some degree we all have some natural immunity to any disease... That simply is not good enough to defeat Covid-19.

Now we have to figure out why, so we can defeat Covid-19.
    If there’s no herd immunity then forget ‘defeat’.

But natural immunity is a fact; and if there’s natural immunity then it’s hard to write off herd immunity. I refuse to take Fauci’s word for it.

If there were no natural immunity, there would be no asymptomatic spread. The fact is the pandemic has produced an unusually high number of *naturally immune* individuals in any given population. Probably due to T-cells or other immune components leftover from previous Covid [cold virus?] infections.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

17. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

But natural immunity is a fact
    It is a fact that we are not hitting natural herd immunity, so the question becomes why.

I refuse to take Fauci’s word for it.
    If Brazil and India were close to natural herd immunity, then we would be seeing it right now, and you would not need to take Fauci's word for it. Your problem is with reality, not Fauci.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

PoliTalker (05-06-2021)

19. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It is a fact that we are not hitting natural herd immunity, so the question becomes why.

If Brazil and India were close to natural herd immunity, then we would be seeing it right now, and you would not need to take Fauci's word for it. Your problem is with reality, not Fauci.
    Who said they were?

My point is the existence of natural immunity is a fact. And that fact seems to contradict the *notion* that there is no Covid herd immunity.

20. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

It is a fact that this brand new novel virus which began in late 2019 is now out of control, with over 3 million humans dead, and humans do not know when or if it will ever be under control. So far, we have had some limited success, but the virus is proving to be an elusive creature to eliminate. As soon as pockets of humans develop limited immunity, the virus mutates and attacks the same group all over again in it's new form.

The race is on. It's vaccination vs mutation.

Our efforts are greatly weakened by pockets of humans who seem to actually be on the side of the virus, doing everything in their power to fight FOR the virus and AGAINST all other humans, and in some cases themselves.

I'd like to see a website devoted to listing all the humans who were loudly outspoken, calling the whole thing a hoax, and then died of corona. We've certainly seen examples of this. Herman Cain mocked mask-wearing. He's not doing that any more. He died of corona.

It is encouraging to muse that eventually, the disease may mutate enough times to crack the natural immunity of those humans who refuse to cooperate with the rest of society. That would be a tragic way to eliminate those arguments, but it may sadly come to that.

Herman Cain foolishly thought that money was more important than life itself. On May 19th, 2020, he was clamoring for fully reopening the economy, despite the rise in corona numbers:

"“There is a political element in here and all of the Democrats don’t want us to open up and they keep claiming we might be opening up too soon. Look at the data! We’re not opening up too soon,” Cain said. “They would love to be able to campaign on a totally collapsed economy and blame President Trump and his administration.” He added that certain Republican governors were “reaching that proper balance” in reopening schedules. “We are only about a week and a half into some of this measured type of reopening that states like Florida, and Georgia, and Texas are doing,” he said. “So far, according to [Health and Human Services] Secretary Alex [Azar] they are doing OK and it has not spiked in terms of hospitalizations. That is a good sign.”"

At that time, only 1420 people had died. Boy, was he ever on the wrong side of things!

Herman Cain, Conservative Culture Warrior Who Opposed Mask Mandates, Dies of COVID-19
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

domer76 (05-06-2021)

22. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

If there’s no herd immunity then forget ‘defeat’.

But natural immunity is a fact; and if there’s natural immunity then it’s hard to write off herd immunity. I refuse to take Fauci’s word for it.

If there were no natural immunity, there would be no asymptomatic spread. The fact is the pandemic has produced an unusually high number of *naturally immune* individuals in any given population. Probably due to T-cells or other immune components leftover from previous Covid [cold virus?] infections.
    And after it mutates into something with different characteristics, then what?

Where are your guarantees written? Did the virus sign off to this? And if it fails to comply with your edicts, do we take it to court? How do you do that?

23. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Who said they were?

My point is the existence of natural immunity is a fact. And that fact seems to contradict the *notion* that there is no Covid herd immunity.
    That ASSUMES the virus stays in it's current form. Big mistake. Evolution does not stop because you assume it might.

24. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Who said they were?
    he's an idiot

asymptomatic exposure brings immunity after the virus leaves the body. memory T cells and "killer" T cells can take on new exposure.
    Variants might be more indectious, but we know vaccines work on variants s well

In Brazil and India case the populations hit those least able to fight back. and vaccine shortages means there needs to be more emphasis on cocktail like trump got

https://www.beckershospitalreview.co...treatment.html

Dexamethasone
    Remdesivir
    Regeneron's monoclonal antibody
    Zinc
    Vitamin D
    Famotidine
    Melatonin
    Aspirin

25. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

Darth Omar (05-06-2021)