Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Herd Immunity Proven To Be A Failed Approach To Corona

1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,327 Times in 1,987 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 174 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Those who are responsible for how we got here and gone. If they could see where we're headed, would they have had the will to get us there?
    I'm pretty sure our founders are rolling in their grave.

2. #107 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,615 Times in 17,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by goat View Post
    I'm pretty sure our founders are rolling in their grave.
    As our WWI and WWII vets are.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

3. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 45 Times in 42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    Badge of honor. I respect that. I tried to be “polite” to that passive aggressive twat for a couple of months when she responded to me (don’t think I ever replied to her) until I couldn’t take it anymore.
    She's a typical narrow-minded DemoKKKrat psychopath/fascist.

She's everything she claims to hate and fear.
    DemoKKKrats: The dangerous fascist psychopaths Orwell warned us about.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to War=Peace For This Post:

anonymoose (05-09-2021)

5. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello goat,

Because of my long goatee, I am constantly profiled by police who demand to see my ID -- even though there is no law requiring me to carry or show ID. A vaccine certificate is just another excuse for militarized police to stop law abiding citizens and demand to see their papers. There's a movement of young folk who instigate contact with police for the sole purpose of refusing to show their ID. They get beat up and arrested for daring to exercise their constitutional rights but it's all caught on video, so cops are being disciplined and cities are paying the lawsuits.

30 years ago, Chomsky was like a god to me but the older I get the more I realize he throws interference for the undemocratic party. He wants young folk to vote for Hillary and Biden and give up their push for a 3rd party. Like all great writers, Chomsky wants to preserve his legacy in government owned media at the cost of new generations laughing at him.
    Nobody likes being accosted by police. The thing to know is: they are not all the same. They look the same, all wearing similar uniforms, but that's deceptive. Some of them are real jerks on a power trip. Others are VERY cool. We can't judge them all by the appearance. That is a huge mistake. They are people, like anybody else. They have taken on a job that most people do not want to do. We don't like it when they come down on us, but we have to have them out there doing their thing.

I love hearing Chomsky. He is so wise. I'm sure he wishes we had a better liberal party than the Democratic party. But politics is messy and that means money is involved. BIG money. I see that as a big challenge for America to find a way past that. But for now it really messes up our vision of a government of the people, by the people, for the people. Nice saying, but we all know the score. It is a government of wealthy, by wealthy, and for wealthy.

Did you watch that vid I posted?

Isn't that interesting about the impact of people's views on the likelihood of a bill passing vs the impact of the views of the wealthy?

It's like it doesn't matter what we the people want; It's all about what they the wealthy want.

I think that's fixable, just not in an instant gratification way. It's gonna take a movement and a long time. It could be decades.

It's hard to hold onto a vision that might take to long that people could fight for it all their lives and it doesn't happen until another generation takes it up and pushes it across the finish line.

Look how long it has taken to get legal pot. 50 years and still working on it.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The original human rights thing wasn't for the people.

It was for the wealthy.

It was called Magna Carta.

This battle of the power of wealth has been going on longer than the USA has even been around.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,327 Times in 1,987 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 174 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello goat,

Nobody likes being accosted by police. The thing to know is: they are not all the same. They look the same, all wearing similar uniforms, but that's deceptive. Some of them are real jerks on a power trip. Others are VERY cool. We can't judge them all by the appearance. That is a huge mistake. They are people, like anybody else. They have taken on a job that most people do not want to do. We don't like it when they come down on us, but we have to have them out there doing their thing.

I love hearing Chomsky. He is so wise. I'm sure he wishes we had a better liberal party than the Democratic party. But politics is messy and that means money is involved. BIG money. I see that as a big challenge for America to find a way past that. But for now it really messes up our vision of a government of the people, by the people, for the people. Nice saying, but we all know the score. It is a government of wealthy, by wealthy, and for wealthy.

Did you watch that vid I posted?

Isn't that interesting about the impact of people's views on the likelihood of a bill passing vs the impact of the views of the wealthy?

It's like it doesn't matter what we the people want; It's all about what they the wealthy want.

I think that's fixable, just not in an instant gratification way. It's gonna take a movement and a long time. It could be decades.

It's hard to hold onto a vision that might take to long that people could fight for it all their lives and it doesn't happen until another generation takes it up and pushes it across the finish line.

Look how long it has taken to get legal pot. 50 years and still working on it.
    The US is projected to end up with close to 100 million people who refuse a vaccine. If government continues to squeeze people to get vaccinated, quite a few independents and democrats will vote republican in 2022 and 2024. Ironically, a party divided will unite over the right to choose what they do with their own body. This brings us back to our culture war, the tinderbox known as the US is about to ignite.

Yes, I saw that video awhile back.

8. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello goat,

The US is projected to end up with close to 100 million people who refuse a vaccine. If government continues to squeeze people to get vaccinated, quite a few independents and democrats will vote republican in 2022 and 2024. Ironically, a party divided will unite over the right to choose what they do with their own body. This brings us back to our culture war, the tinderbox known as the US is about to ignite.

Yes, I saw that video awhile back.
    I would be pretty surprised if people switch and vote for Republicans over vaccines. And that will be kind of old news by the fall of 22.

The Republicans have made The Big Lie their standard of acceptance. If they continue to cling to that I don't think that's going to make it very easy to draw in new voters.