Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: There Was Trump-Russia Collusion — And Trump Pardoned The Colluder

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,554 Times in 17,084 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Hunter hasn’t taken money from China lol?

He didn’t take money from the rich Russian mayor? Hunter wasn’t taking money from Burisma? For what? Anyone ever figure that out?

They lose interest and stop looking?
    He was hired by Burisma. So in that case., he took money from them. The others are false.

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    He was hired by Burisma. So in that case., he took money from them. The others are false.
    Hunter was ‘hired’ by Burisma lol.

I guess that’s settled. Might want to check your facts on the rest.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

3. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

That’s because polls are just another way to influence elections lol. Polls are consistently weighted towards democrats early in the campaign but they tend to tighten up closer to the election because at the end of the day the pollsters don’t want to be too far on the actual election.
    That's so 'out there' it sounds like something Tucker would say. No basis or grounding in fact.

Which is kind of the subtext to the supposed Russian influence: sure, Russians ‘influenced’ the 2016 election. But Russian influence was reduced to background noise by all the other influences and influencers. The most powerful election influencer is the media.

And democrats all but own the media—outright.
    Ridiculous. It's just that the middle looks 'left' to those on the right. Conservatives wouldn't think the media was fair unless it was right-slanted. It's not. It's generally in the middle. Some sources on either side, depending on the source.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If you just want informed people voting then advocate *against* mailing ballots out to every Tom Dick and Harry lol.

Isn’t that begging for fraud, btw?
    You might try responding to what I actually said instead of what you made up. I think everybody should be automatically registered to vote upon turning 18, and automatically sent a ballot for each election. And there should be very strong and forceful PR campaigns talking about how patriotic it is to vote. We need as many people voting as possible. That would probably be the death of the Republican Party, but then hopefully something better would take it's place for true conservatives. It would be a win for America.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,654 Times in 4,435 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Flash,

Nice try, but this isn't about me. I am not an average voter. I am well informed. The average voter can't even name the three branches of government.
    Agreed, they have no interest or information about candidates. That means they are unlikely to see any attempt by money to influence voters.

Can we find anybody whose vote was influenced by money? Everybody has the same reply as you---money affects elections but not me.

6. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hunter hasn’t taken money from China lol?

He didn’t take money from the rich Russian mayor? Hunter wasn’t taking money from Burisma? For what? Anyone ever figure that out?

They lose interest and stop looking?
    He was working for Burisma and that was not illegal. Zelensky's commitment to Trump to investigate apparently found nothing. Again, attempts to smear.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

PoliTalker (05-07-2021)

8. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Flash,

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Agreed, they have no interest or information about candidates. That means they are unlikely to see any attempt by money to influence voters.

Can we find anybody whose vote was influenced by money? Everybody has the same reply as you---money affects elections but not me.
    And everybody holds Congress in low regard, but their own representative they hold higher. And they keep voting the same people back in. Or worse.

9. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You might try responding to what I actually said instead of what you made up. I think everybody should be automatically registered to vote upon turning 18, and automatically sent a ballot for each election. And there should be very strong and forceful PR campaigns talking about how patriotic it is to vote. We need as many people voting as possible. That would probably be the death of the Republican Party, but then hopefully something better would take it's place for true conservatives. It would be a win for America.
    Nope.

An informed electorate would be the end of the democrats. Why do you think they want mailed ballots? You said yourself most people were uninformed and you’re right, they aren’t. As far as I’m concerned, people who aren’t sufficiently motivated to hit the polls and vote in person probably shouldn’t be voting anyway.

Too many down ballot politicians rely on voters who just go down the list checking boxes next to the name without having the first clue about what the candidate advocates. And we have way too many of them in congress and state legislatures as it is.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

10. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    He was working for Burisma and that was not illegal. Zelensky's commitment to Trump to investigate apparently found nothing. Again, attempts to smear.
    A drug addict was on the board of Burisma and no one knows exactly what the person was doing to ‘earn’ the money lol.

Ok.

11. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Nope.

An informed electorate would be the end of the democrats. Why do you think they want mailed ballots? You said yourself most people were uninformed and you’re right, they aren’t. As far as I’m concerned, people who aren’t sufficiently motivated to hit the polls and vote in person probably shouldn’t be voting anyway.

Too many down ballot politicians rely on voters who just go down the list checking boxes next to the name without having the first clue about what the candidate advocates. And we have way too many of them in congress and state legislatures as it is.
    An informed electorate would most definitely benefit Democrats. The Republican party is currently the party of lies. Any Republican dares tell the truth and they get booted out of leadership.

Congress is almost even; but state legislatures are dominated by Republicans. It appears that: a) most voters being not well informed, and b) most offices held by Republicans, then c) Republicans benefit from poorly informed voters.

Well, there goes that theory.

No, the truth is that, and everybody knows this btw, the larger the turn-out the more likely the Democrat wins.

That's why Republicans are doing everything in their power to limit access to voting.

It's Jim Crow 2.0!

12. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Darth,

That's so 'out there' it sounds like something Tucker would say. No basis or grounding in fact.

Ridiculous. It's just that the middle looks 'left' to those on the right. Conservatives wouldn't think the media was fair unless it was right-slanted. It's not. It's generally in the middle. Some sources on either side, depending on the source.
    Nope lol.

It’s generally left—and that’s not even counting the tech oligarchs. Having *all of social media* on your side is ‘just a bit of an advantage’ for Democrats. To understate it just a tad. Big Tech is worth 50 Russian troll farms. There’s literally no comparison.

They literally censored the New York Post over publishing a *legitimate* story about Hunter’s lap top. To top it off, the IC literally lied in claiming it was ‘Russian disinformation’. This bald faced lie was parroted by all the liberal outlets [which is to say every one of them besides Fox] to the extent many liberals actually still think it was Russian disinformation to this day.

I’ve even seen polls done where something like 16% of Biden voters bought the lie and wouldn’t have voted for Biden had they known Hunter’s laptop—was really Hunter’s laptop.

This is electoral bullshit on steroids. It was election meddling in Neon Lights AND it was gotten away with.

And it only adds to the reasons people on the right don’t take Russian meddling seriously.

13. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Nope lol.

It’s generally left—and that’s not even counting the tech oligarchs. Having *all of social media* on your side is ‘just a bit of an advantage’ for Democrats. To understate it just a tad. Big Tech is worth 50 Russian troll farms. There’s literally no comparison.

They literally censored the New York Post over publishing a *legitimate* story about Hunter’s lap top. To top it off, the IC literally lied in claiming it was ‘Russian disinformation’. This bald faced lie was parroted by all the liberal outlets [which is to say every one of them besides Fox] to the extent many liberals actually still think it was Russian disinformation to this day.

I’ve even seen polls done where something like 16% of Biden voters bought the lie and wouldn’t have voted for Biden had they known Hunter’s laptop—was really Hunter’s laptop.

This is electoral bullshit on steroids. It was election meddling in Neon Lights AND it was gotten away with.

And it only adds to the reasons people on the right don’t take Russian meddling seriously.
    Allow me to sink your theory.

Piece of cake. Here goes:

You would think if it is such an open and shut case that at least SOME of the judges Trump appointed would have agreed in at least SOME of the dozens of election challenges which were brought to court over the 2020 election.

Are all those people on the Democratic side, too?

Blub. Blub.

14. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Darth,

An informed electorate would most definitely benefit Democrats. The Republican party is currently the party of lies. Any Republican dares tell the truth and they get booted out of leadership.

Congress is almost even; but state legislatures are dominated by Republicans. It appears that: a) most voters being not well informed, and b) most offices held by Republicans, then c) Republicans benefit from poorly informed voters.

Well, there goes that theory.

No, the truth is that, and everybody knows this btw, the larger the turn-out the more likely the Democrat wins.

That's why Republicans are doing everything in their power to limit access to voting.

It's Jim Crow 2.0!
    Well, you contradicted yourself lol.

On the one hand you claim [accurately] that most people are under-informed or misinformed; but OTOH, you want all them voting because that’s exactly what you get with mailing ballots out to everyone.

This is EXACTLY why democrats want mail voting.

15. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Flash,

And everybody holds Congress in low regard, but their own representative they hold higher. And they keep voting the same people back in. Or worse.
    They hold them in high regard although they cannot name them. That is why staff members spend most of their time on casework--helping constituents with problems with Social Security, disability, VA, etc.

Members make no enemies helping your grandmother get her SS benefits straightened out but make many angry by their votes on legislation. People often have no clue on how their members vote on most issues, but we just know whatever they are doing does not help the "people."

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

PoliTalker (05-07-2021)

17. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Well, you contradicted yourself lol.

On the one hand you claim [accurately] that most people are under-informed or misinformed; but OTOH, you want all them voting because that’s exactly what you get with mailing ballots out to everyone.

This is EXACTLY why democrats want mail voting.

It is true that Democrats benefit from higher voter turnout. Higher turnout also means more of the low income/low education are more likely to vote than normal. So Democrats are benefiting from less informed/less educated voters.

We have become extremely cynical with too many people falling for the overly simplistic view that votes and officials are controlled by the wealthy and corporations. Until about 1965 a majority of people said we can "trust the government" to do what is right most of the time. Since then trust in government has fallen drastically (except for a slight uptick after 9-11).

18. The Following User Groans At Flash For This Awful Post:

domer76 (05-07-2021)

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

PoliTalker (05-07-2021)