Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 146

Thread: There Was Trump-Russia Collusion — And Trump Pardoned The Colluder

  1. #106 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    12,696
    Thanks
    526
    Thanked 3,063 Times in 2,488 Posts
    Groans
    194
    Groaned 107 Times in 105 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    A drug addict was on the board of Burisma and no one knows exactly what the person was doing to ‘earn’ the money lol.

    Ok.
    Sure we do. The company figured they could not be hurt by having the son of a high official on the board (like Al Gore on the board of Apple and hundreds of other examples).

    We know as much about what Hunter did on the board of Burisma as we know about what the other board members did.

  2. #107 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    43,497
    Thanks
    10,918
    Thanked 11,635 Times in 8,668 Posts
    Groans
    44
    Groaned 4,558 Times in 3,891 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    It is true that Democrats benefit from higher voter turnout. Higher turnout also means more of the low income/low education are more likely to vote than normal. So Democrats are benefiting from less informed/less educated voters.

    We have become extremely cynical with too many people falling for the overly simplistic view that votes and officials are controlled by the wealthy and corporations. Until about 1965 a majority of people said we can "trust the government" to do what is right most of the time. Since then trust in government has fallen drastically (except for a slight uptick after 9-11).
    I’ll disagree with the Democrats benefitting from the less informed. There is no way that a reasonable person concludes that the election was fraudulently stolen. Yet, the majority of Republicans still believe that, including the RW nuts on this forum.

    Do you really think they are any better informed? Misinformed and malinformed are still uninformed. Probably worse.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to domer76 For This Post:

    PoliTalker (05-07-2021)

  4. #108 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    20,254
    Thanks
    3,279
    Thanked 12,012 Times in 7,379 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 2,546 Times in 2,306 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    A drug addict was on the board of Burisma and no one knows exactly what the person was doing to ‘earn’ the money lol.

    Ok.
    A drug addict used to live in the White House with his drug addicted son, who know what he was doing to 'earn' money

  5. #109 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    10,551
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3,567 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 292 Times in 278 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    It is true that Democrats benefit from higher voter turnout. Higher turnout also means more of the low income/low education are more likely to vote than normal. So Democrats are benefiting from less informed/less educated voters.
    You are a moron. All your bullshit deserves.

  6. #110 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    1,986
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 299 Times in 255 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 18 Times in 17 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    You are a moron. All your bullshit deserves.
    hey democrats rely on the ghetto vote

  7. #111 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    life
    Posts
    46,554
    Thanks
    11,917
    Thanked 19,486 Times in 13,668 Posts
    Groans
    241
    Groaned 1,834 Times in 1,747 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Sure we do. The company figured they could not be hurt by having the son of a high official on the board (like Al Gore on the board of Apple and hundreds of other examples).

    We know as much about what Hunter did on the board of Burisma as we know about what the other board members did.
    so you understand it was a corrupt hire. good. now connect the dots to the influence peddling

  8. #112 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    25,635
    Thanks
    16,715
    Thanked 13,280 Times in 9,128 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 5,155 Times in 4,466 Posts

    Default

    Hello Darth,

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Well, you contradicted yourself lol.

    On the one hand you claim [accurately] that most people are under-informed or misinformed; but OTOH, you want all them voting because that’s exactly what you get with mailing ballots out to everyone.

    This is EXACTLY why democrats want mail voting.
    Disagree.

    Mail-in voting became crucial in protecting lives during the pandemic.

    Ironically, Republicans may have shot themselves in the foot for 2022 because traditionally Republicans have relied more heavily on mail-in voting than Democrats; and in 2022 the danger of voting in person may be greatly reduced as the pandemic crisis eases.

    You can't fix Republicans. They are a special group.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

  9. #113 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    12,696
    Thanks
    526
    Thanked 3,063 Times in 2,488 Posts
    Groans
    194
    Groaned 107 Times in 105 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    I’ll disagree with the Democrats benefitting from the less informed. There is no way that a reasonable person concludes that the election was fraudulently stolen. Yet, the majority of Republicans still believe that, including the RW nuts on this forum.

    Do you really think they are any better informed? Misinformed and malinformed are still uninformed. Probably worse.
    That is not based on whether they are informed but what they are willing to believe. Their strong partisanship and loyalty to Trump makes them willing to believe the election was stolen. They have all kinds of details to support their cause, so they are not uninformed but selective in their information sources and what they choose to believe.

    It is clear that those with the lower levels of education and income are strong Democrats but less likely to vote; so, higher voter turnout brings more of that demographic to the polls.

    Usually that also correlates to lower levels of information but that is harder to prove. So, let's just use education as a factor. The following is from the Census Bureau.

    High school graduate
    White (non-Hispanic) 93%
    Asian 89%
    Black 87%
    Hispanic 67%

    Bachelor’s Degree
    Asian 54%
    White (non-Hispanic) 36%
    Black 23%
    Hispanic 16%

    Black and Hispanic voters are the most heavily Democratic with generally lower levels of turnout (especially Hispanics). When turnout is higher this is where Democrats get more of their votes.

    I am just describing factual information. I think you view it as negative and want to reject it (like Republicans reject the election results).

  10. #114 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    12,696
    Thanks
    526
    Thanked 3,063 Times in 2,488 Posts
    Groans
    194
    Groaned 107 Times in 105 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    so you understand it was a corrupt hire. good. now connect the dots to the influence peddling
    Not necessarily corrupt because we do not know anything illegal occurred. Influence peddling is not necessarily illegal.

    I'm not defending Hunter, just rejecting any wrongdoing until I see evidence just as I reject the election fraud charge because I have carefully examined many of the claims and found no evidence including some of Trump's claims which are easily disproven.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

    PoliTalker (05-07-2021)

  12. #115 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    43,497
    Thanks
    10,918
    Thanked 11,635 Times in 8,668 Posts
    Groans
    44
    Groaned 4,558 Times in 3,891 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    That is not based on whether they are informed but what they are willing to believe. Their strong partisanship and loyalty to Trump makes them willing to believe the election was stolen. They have all kinds of details to support their cause, so they are not uninformed but selective in their information sources and what they choose to believe.

    It is clear that those with the lower levels of education and income are strong Democrats but less likely to vote; so, higher voter turnout brings more of that demographic to the polls.

    Usually that also correlates to lower levels of information but that is harder to prove. So, let's just use education as a factor. The following is from the Census Bureau.

    High school graduate
    White (non-Hispanic) 93%
    Asian 89%
    Black 87%
    Hispanic 67%

    Bachelor’s Degree
    Asian 54%
    White (non-Hispanic) 36%
    Black 23%
    Hispanic 16%

    Black and Hispanic voters are the most heavily Democratic with generally lower levels of turnout (especially Hispanics). When turnout is higher this is where Democrats get more of their votes.

    I am just describing factual information. I think you view it as negative and want to reject it (like Republicans reject the election results).
    Malinformation and misinformation is still uninformed. It’s like Conway’s “alternative facts”, which actually meant “lies”. There is no doubt higher turnout aids the Democrats. And that may well be lower education levels. That does not mean less informed.

  13. #116 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    10,551
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3,567 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 292 Times in 278 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    Malinformation and misinformation is still uninformed. It’s like Conway’s “alternative facts”, which actually meant “lies”. There is no doubt higher turnout aids the Democrats. And that may well be lower education levels. That does not mean less informed.
    In fact, more educated people voted for Biden than Trump.

  14. #117 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    12,696
    Thanks
    526
    Thanked 3,063 Times in 2,488 Posts
    Groans
    194
    Groaned 107 Times in 105 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    You are a moron. All your bullshit deserves.
    You obviously cannot refute any of my facts. Where do you think increased voter turnout comes from? You are confusing descriptive information with what you see as a negative criticism. The lowest income groups have always voted Democratic (since the 1932 realignment).

  15. #118 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    10,551
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3,567 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 292 Times in 278 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    You obviously cannot refute any of my facts. Where do you think increased voter turnout comes from? You are confusing descriptive information with what you see as a negative criticism. The lowest income groups have always voted Democratic (since the 1932 realignment).
    The more educated you were, the more likely you voted for Biden.

  16. #119 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    12,696
    Thanks
    526
    Thanked 3,063 Times in 2,488 Posts
    Groans
    194
    Groaned 107 Times in 105 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    In fact, more educated people voted for Biden than Trump.
    True, but that is irrelevant to the discussion. The topic was Democrats benefiting from higher vote turnout and that increased turnout comes from the lowest income/education voters.

    As education level increases the percent going to Republicans increases. Then, as we get to college graduates, there is little difference between the parties but varies by candidate.

    For example.
    College Graduates:
    Romney: 53%
    Obama: 43%

    Clinton: 55%
    Trump: 38%

    The fact that more college graduates voted for Clinton and Biden than Trump does not refute my statement that voters with lower levels of education vote more Democratic. Both are true. For those with post graduate degrees the Democratic percentage increases and as you go down in educational level the Democratic margin also increases. This is more of a characteristic among white voters.

    "Non-college-educated white voters used to solidly belong to Democrats, and college-educated white voters to Republicans. Several events over the past six decades have caused these allegiances to switch.."

  17. #120 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    10,551
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3,567 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 292 Times in 278 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    True, but that is irrelevant to the discussion. The topic was Democrats benefiting from higher vote turnout and that increased turnout comes from the lowest income/education voters.

    As education level increases the percent going to Republicans increases. Then, as we get to college graduates, there is little difference between the parties but varies by candidate.

    For example.
    College Graduates:
    Romney: 53%
    Obama: 43%

    Clinton: 55%
    Trump: 38%

    The fact that more college graduates voted for Clinton and Biden than Trump does not refute my statement that voters with lower levels of education vote more Democratic. Both are true. For those with post graduate degrees the Democratic percentage increases and as you go down in educational level the Democratic margin also increases. This is more of a characteristic among white voters.

    "Non-college-educated white voters used to solidly belong to Democrats, and college-educated white voters to Republicans. Several events over the past six decades have caused these allegiances to switch.."

    You Trump fascists hate democracy. Sick of you assholes.

Similar Threads

  1. APP - Anyone who believed Russia Collusion or Russia wanted Trump to win was DUPED
    By canceled.2021.2 in forum Above Plain Politics Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-13-2020, 11:55 AM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-27-2019, 08:54 AM
  3. Trump uses 'no collusion' 7 times in a single Russia answer
    By signalmankenneth in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-11-2018, 12:36 PM
  4. APP - Russia collusion gets worse for Trump
    By canceled.2021.3 in forum Above Plain Politics Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-12-2017, 02:50 PM
  5. Do You Have Evidence Of Trump-Russia Collusion Or Not?
    By Stretch in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-23-2017, 07:09 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •