Thread: Russian interference in 2020 fails miserably

1. #181 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,340 Times in 8,498 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    you fucking idiot.
    it was a revolt by terrorists ( out of the east/Bengazi)
    I am not going to defend all the revolutionaries. Some were terrible, but some were better. But Gaddafi was a terrorist tyrant. Your defense of him just makes you look bad.

2. #182 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

he paid reparations and turned them over for trial..none of this has anything to do with the NATO war on Libya 2011
    Did he turn himself over for trial?

3. #183 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,460 Times in 7,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 503 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    The terrorist attack on Pan Am 103 happened in 1988. Al Qaeda had just formed, and ISIS had not formed within Al Qaeda. They were not doing operations outside of the Afghanistan area. Clinton was a corporate lawyer married to the Governor of Arkansas.

The problem with your attempt to defend Gaddafi is his long history. He was a terrorist for 50 years. You need to prove 50 years of terrorism to be a lie. Pan Am 103 was a response to Reagan's bombing of Libya, are you willing to side with a terrorist over Reagan?

Obama hit ISIS repeatedly hard, and did the absolute opposite of supporting it. Clinton did not give them weapons, they were in a part of the world with a lot of weapons.
    You're wrong about several things there.

4. #184 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

I am not going to defend all the revolutionaries. Some were terrible, but some were better. But Gaddafi was a terrorist tyrant. Your defense of him just makes you look bad.
    WTF do you mean "some were better" back up that BS..
    The NTC whispered sweet promises of "democracy" in Hillary ear, then got into power and started the militas to enforce their "democracy"
    Soon militias run by warlords were the only functional authority in the country. how is this "better?"
    Last edited by anatta; 05-12-2021 at 12:49 PM.

5. #185 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I'm not defending Qadaffi - that is your simplistic POV
    I am excoriating NATO but most especially Hillary and Rice. it was a bad decision to war against Qadaffi that led to a decade of bad outcomes
    you need to do some serious research if you are going to discuss this further -your knowledge base is utterly lacking

Secret tapes undermine Hillary Clinton on Libyan war
    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...-by-pentagon-/
    The tapes, reviewed by The Washington Times and authenticated by the participants, chronicle U.S. officials’ unfiltered conversations with Col. Moammar Gadhafi’s son and a top Libyan leader, including criticisms that Mrs. Clinton had developed tunnel vision and led the U.S. into an unnecessary war without adequately weighing the intelligence community’s concerns.
    It was like the WMDs in Iraq. It was based on a false report,” Gadhafi said in a May 2011 phone call to Rep. Dennis J. Kucinich, an Ohio Democrat serving at the time. “Libyan airplanes bombing demonstrators, Libyan airplanes bombing districts in Tripoli, Libyan army killed thousands, etc., etc., and now the whole world found there is no single evidence that such things happened in Libya.”

Seif Gadhafi also warned that many of the U.S.-supported armed rebels were “not freedom fighters” but rather jihadists whom he described as “gangsters and terrorists.”

“And now you have NATO supporting them with ships, with airplanes, helicopters, arms, training, communication,” he said in one recorded conversation with U.S. officials. “We ask the American government send a fact-finding mission to Libya. I want you to see everything with your own eyes.”

The tapes show that the Pentagon’s senior uniformed leadership and a congressman from Mrs. Clinton’s own party conveyed sentiments to the Libyan regime that undercut or conflicted with the secretary of state’s own message at the time.

6. #186 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    You're wrong about several things there.
    And yet you cannot name one? It is a fact that Pan Am 103 was bombed decades before ISIS existed. Your claims ISIS was behind it are bizarre.

7. #187 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

WTF do you mean "some were better" back up that BS..
    The fact is that Gaddafi spent 50 years killing anyone who wanted a liberal democracy for Libya, so there are not many better people left. He did spare the worst in Libya, because he could make deals with them.

8. #188 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

And yet you cannot name one? It is a fact that Pan Am 103 was bombed decades before ISIS existed. Your claims ISIS was behind it are bizarre.
    not even that is cut and dry. There was something i read about the marking on the bomb, and the prosecutors case was laughable. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-s...-idUSKBN2841DD
    But Qadaffi did take responsibility, paid up, and became a partner wih the SAS and CIA on anti-terrorism efforts.
    He even gave up his nukes and was in good standing.
    Then we killed him by a drone strike that forced him out of the convoy into the culvert where the NTC jackals ripped him to shreds. over a big lie of bombing civilains

Are you proud of any of this?? it's horrific and and Hillary says "we came we saw he died?"

9. #189 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The fact is that Gaddafi spent 50 years killing anyone who wanted a liberal democracy for Libya, so there are not many better people left. He did spare the worst in Libya, because he could make deals with them.
    weak sauce. and so much for your prior claim "some were better"
    all you care about is "democracy" -the same dumb shit the NTC fed Hillary - backed by a bunch of terrorists instead

10. #190 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I'm not defending Qadaffi
    You are, and the fact that you are trying to deny it gives me some hope. You are actually slightly ashamed of your support of a terrorist.

Here is my question, if Bin Laden had lived, how long would it have taken for you to support him?

And remember, Democrats disagreed with Bush on many things, but we never took Bin Laden's side over Bush's.

Seif Gadhafi also warned that many of the U.S.-supported armed rebels were “not freedom fighters” but rather jihadists whom he described as “gangsters and terrorists.”
    So a lifelong anti-American terrorist says "many" of the rebels are "not freedom fighters"... I actually agree with him. He is right there. Many are not freedom fighters. Most of the freedom fighters were killed by his father over the 50 years.

But even a lifelong anti-American terrorist cannot bring himself to say they are all not freedom fighters.

11. #191 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

not even that is cut and dry.
    Actually, it is that cut and dry. There is no way ISIS could travel back in time, and place a bomb on Pan Am 103. Nor did they kill Lincoln.

12. #192 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

proxies? like the Internet Reseach Agency was supposed to be -Mueller called them a "private entity"
    but we're just supposed to swallow "proxies?"

I guess that's like the mysterious "Russian cutout" that passed the hacking to WIKI.
    Funny how Mueller never tried to interview Assange about that either (Assange denied it)

it's the same playbook:
    we cant prove anything, so we'll just say "DA RUSSIANS
    and the rubes will swallow it hook line and sinker

oh what a surprise comrade annie, another pro Russian rant

why don't they just fire you?

13. #193 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,822 Times in 1,527 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 73 Times in 73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    A new report confirms that the Trump campaign did indeed collude with Russian in 2016 and interefered in 2020 as well. I'll save 2016 for later. They were at it again in 2020, as we've seen on this site.

"Last month, the intelligence community released a report concluding that the Russian government interfered in the 2020 election with a disinformation push that sought to denigrate President Joe Biden's campaign and support Trump. The report from the Office of the Director of National Intelligence found Russia used "proxies linked to Russian intelligence" to push unsubstantiated claims about Biden.

Even a Russian disinformation campaign couldn't save Trump. I guess the Russians will need some new JPP posters. The ones they are paying now aren't getting it done. Someone here is gonna need to sell more My Pillows to make up for the lost income.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/15/polit...nce/index.html
    how did the Chinese and Iranian interference to get Biden elected go

14. #194 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You are, and the fact that you are trying to deny it gives me some hope. You are actually slightly ashamed of your support of a terrorist.
    Here is my question, if Bin Laden had lived, how long would it have taken for you to support him?
    And remember, Democrats disagreed with Bush on many things, but we never took Bin Laden's side over Bush's.
    No I dont GAF about Qadaffi -other then the fact he CLEARLY was better for the Libyan people
    then the ensuing chaos and terrorist infected state it became after him. ISIS did establish itself there as well
    Also we lost a partner on anti-terrorism -which you cant get get thru your head because you are stuck on pre-90's Qadaffi

What I am vehemently against is interventionism. Iraq, Afghan, and Libya all were disasters because of our penchant for regime change.
    That big reason I supported Trump as well - he understood our mindless interventionism cost us untold trillions and gallons of blood and made the situation worse or the same despite all that.
    I hope Biden was paying attention, but the IC and globalists will be trying to get us involved in more of the same

So a lifelong anti-American terrorist says "many" of the rebels are "not freedom fighters"... I actually agree with him. He is right there. Many are not freedom fighters. Most of the freedom fighters were killed by his father over the 50 years.
    not our country, not our business. same as Russia or China
    Let them run their own countries -we got plenty of our own problems to solve

15. #195 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Actually, it is that cut and dry. There is no way ISIS could travel back in time, and place a bomb on Pan Am 103. Nor did they kill Lincoln.
    not at all what I was saying