Thread: Support for a 3rd party at an all time high

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    QED on you being a faux Christian with "two post graduate degrees".
    fortunately for me, on judgment day God won't be asking me for references from you........
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,590 Times in 51,902 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    fortunately for me, on judgment day God won't be asking me for references from you........
    I strongly doubt that's going to help and it will probably even hurt you.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

3. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Presidents always have high approval ratings a few months into their first term.

We'll see where he is halfway through it.

If he gives too much support to the far left and is seen as being against the police etc., we'll see those numbers start to dip.

Can we agree that he would not be president without all those pesky progressives like me voting for him? Should he now turn to the center and ignore the Left that got him there and are supported by a majority of Americans?

We both know that doing that would doom the Democratic Party to the fate of republicans.

WE ARE WINNING. Is now the time to point fingers at each other? I absolutely abhor centrist politics, but I recognize we need each other to win.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

4. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

I strongly doubt that's going to help and it will probably even hurt you.
    and I expect you'll have more to worry about on judgement day than whether he has a problem with me........
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

5. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,904 Times in 7,964 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,669 Times in 1,547 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    Can we agree that he would not be president without all those pesky progressives like me voting for him? Should he now turn to the center and ignore the Left that got him there and are supported by a majority of Americans?

We both know that doing that would doom the Democratic Party to the fate of republicans.

WE ARE WINNING. Is now the time to point fingers at each other? I absolutely abhor centrist politics, but I recognize we need each other to win.
    I never suggested Biden turn his back on anyone.

I believe we were discussing the formation of a third party.

But since we're on the subject now, I will say this.... it shouldn't be put on Biden's shoulders to either totally, 100% satisfy any one faction of his party, nor put him in the position where he might be forced to... or be seen as.... or be accused of.... "turning his back" on anyone.

Leading the nation has never been a one-sided, winner-take-all proposition.

Everybody has to give and take a little and be happy with a leader who is trying to do what's best for us all, rather than expecting him to pander to one's own set of desires and demands and give one group everything they want against the wishes of all others.

That is selfish and selfishness is at the heart of what's wrong with us as a society.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

6. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

I look at it as a protest vote which often denies even the winner much more than 50% of the vote, if that much. A win is a win, but having half or more of the country voting against you isn't a "mandate" for running the country. Despite all the whining by the Hillary fans about "3 million votes", 53.9% of the country voted against her.

2000 Bush wins with 47.9% of the vote.

2004 Bush wins with 50.7% of the vote.

2008 Obama wins with 52.9% of the vote.

2012 Obama wins with 51.1% of the vote.

2016 Trump wins with 46.1% of the vote.

2020 Biden wins with 51.3% of the vote.
    and the last GOP nominee to take office with the actual popular vote was Poppy Bush back in the dark ages after Reagan

7. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The only thing he's going to asking you is who he hell you thought you were, going around calling yourself a good, God-fearing Christian while talking and behaving like a common asshole.

Nothing God hates worse than assholes like you making Him look bad by association.

and I expect you'll have more to worry about on judgement day than whether he has a problem with me........
    Yeah and you'll be too busy screaming in horror as you're being tossed into the pit of eternal damnation.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

blackascoal (05-05-2021)

9. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

I never suggested Biden turn his back on anyone.

I believe we were discussing the formation of a third party.

But since we're on the subject now, I will say this.... it shouldn't be put on Biden's shoulders to either totally, 100% satisfy any one faction of his party, nor put him in the position where he might be forced to... or be seen as.... or be accused of.... "turning his back" on anyone.

Leading the nation has never been a one-sided, winner-take-all proposition.

Everybody has to give and take a little and be happy with a leader who is trying to do what's best for us all, rather than expecting him to pander to one's own set of desires and demands and give one group everything they want against the wishes of all others.

That is selfish and selfishness is at the heart of what's wrong with us as a society.
    For the most part, I agree with you and have not held Biden to any strict demand, except one. If he does nothing substantive about police reform, he will and should lose the black vote forever, just as the Clinton’s have. Particularly given his role in it.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

10. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 61 Times in 60 Posts

to the left of the left, to tge rught of tge right, no centrist in the middle....
    Why not to the north or south of both you idiots. Yes there actualy is more than one dimension..... you cant even recognise x/y euclidean geometry ffs. Let alone xyz/h.

What were you expecting by teaching your children to be even less intelligent than they were born to be?

"If you cant beat them, join them." ~ Public school
    "If you cant beat them, lead them off a cliff" ~ al gore jr. 1998

11. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 61 Times in 60 Posts

Nothing God hates worse than assholes like you making Him look bad by association.

Yeah and you'll be too busy screaming in horror as you're being tossed into the pit of eternal damnation.
    See? Theist dixiecrats....

12. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    For the most part, I agree with you and have not held Biden to any strict demand, except one. If he does nothing substantive about police reform, he will and should lose the black vote forever, just as the Clinton’s have. Particularly given his role in it.
    Fine, but police reform needs to also include an overt public education program about not fighting with them and resisting arrest, even if you feel they are in the wrong.

There are lawyers to take care of disputing charges, getting them thrown out then handling any false arrest matters later on.

Someone needs to make it very plain and clear to the people who are most susceptible to contact with the police, that fighting and resisting them will not end well.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

13. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Of course. There are two parties now, a very liberal party and a fucking fascist clown shitshow party.

Sane needs a home.

14. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,496 Times in 52,724 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Part of me thinks people like Trump, Rudy, and Powell are just happy with the hundreds of millions they have been raising in "legal defense" money. Of course, Trump also likes the public support.
    Yes, he must be suffering withdrawals from the lack of Nuremberg rallies he was used to holding almost weekly.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

15. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,496 Times in 52,724 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    I got caught fucking horses and my dog ran off with my best friend n my old cunt
    It happens.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

16. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Its comical that some humans, (a species that is born and dies over and over like any biological life form) believe there is a supreme creator who gives a flying fuck about our little short lives and has made arrangements to capture an eternal spirit essence and give it a happy home as a reward for...well, whatever the fuck they think they've done to deserve it.

LOL. Oh well, delusion is a form of coping I guess. Shame this fraud causes the hopeful low IQs to devalue their one and only life.

If they really believed why don't they rush to get there? Christians should be diving into their wells and outhouses by the score.