Thread: Hawley claims media is culture cancelling his book while touting it at WaPo event

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Hawley claims media is culture cancelling his book while touting it at WaPo event

70% of republicans actually fall for this horseshit

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 77 Times in 75 Posts
    Blog Entries

can I buy his used car ???

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    can I buy his used car ???
    you should, the odometer has just gotta be correct

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello reagansghost,

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    70% of republicans actually fall for this horseshit

"You've got to listen to the truth, and the truth is..."

I can finish that for him:

'Whatever I say it is.'
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Republicans wouldn't know the truth if it was an election that they lost.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hawley's got a lot of nerve to talk about the truth.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,784 Times in 17,103 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,343 Times in 2,262 Posts
    Blog Entries

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AProudLefty For This Post:

PoliTalker (05-04-2021)

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hawley is a BIG LIE supporter:

"The GOP’s Ever-Trumpers have got their spin down pat. They didn’t try to overturn the 2020 results. They didn’t try to subvert American democracy by undermining the legitimacy of the election. They were just asking questions and addressing the concerns of tens of millions of Americans. No biggie. You can’t blame them for the murderous and seditious mob that attacked the US Capitol on January 6. One concocter of this cover story is Sen. Josh Hawley (R-Mo.), who joyfully raised a go-get-’em fist at protesters that day. And to hide his role in promoting Donald Trump’s Big Lie—that the election was stolen—Hawley is pushing another lie.

On Tuesday morning—shortly before he appeared at a congressional hearing and thanked Capitol Police officers for facing the “violent criminals” of January 6—Hawley sent out a fundraising email that featured a lovely photo of him, his wife, and their three young children. He told the recipients that “Biden and his woke mob are coming after me” because he dared to raise an objection to the electoral count. This is how Hawley described his own actions: “I objected to the certification of the electoral college votes in Pennsylvania, despite pressure from both Democrats and Republicans. Pennsylvania wasn’t following their own state’s election law, but the establishment didn’t want to hear it.” And Hawley, though a lawmaker from Missouri, did this because “the political class” was reluctant “to give their own voters a hearing.” That is, Hawley was merely representing those voters who had a procedural concern about how Pennsylvania had conducted its election. And in the email he took exception to a comment Joe Biden made in early January noting that Hawley and Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), who also led the effort to challenge the election, were “part of the Big Lie.”"

Josh Hawley Is Fundraising Off Lies About the Big Lie

10. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

What business is it of a lawmaker from Missouri how Pennsylvania conducts it's own election?

Oh, he's just representing his constituents...

11. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hawley is a BIG LIE supporter:

"The GOP’s Ever-Trumpers have got their spin down pat. They didn’t try to overturn the 2020 results. They didn’t try to subvert American democracy by undermining the legitimacy of the election. They were just asking questions and addressing the concerns of tens of millions of Americans. No biggie. You can’t blame them for the murderous and seditious mob that attacked the US Capitol on January 6. One concocter of this cover story is Sen. Josh Hawley (R-Mo.), who joyfully raised a go-get-’em fist at protesters that day. And to hide his role in promoting Donald Trump’s Big Lie—that the election was stolen—Hawley is pushing another lie.

On Tuesday morning—shortly before he appeared at a congressional hearing and thanked Capitol Police officers for facing the “violent criminals” of January 6—Hawley sent out a fundraising email that featured a lovely photo of him, his wife, and their three young children. He told the recipients that “Biden and his woke mob are coming after me” because he dared to raise an objection to the electoral count. This is how Hawley described his own actions: “I objected to the certification of the electoral college votes in Pennsylvania, despite pressure from both Democrats and Republicans. Pennsylvania wasn’t following their own state’s election law, but the establishment didn’t want to hear it.” And Hawley, though a lawmaker from Missouri, did this because “the political class” was reluctant “to give their own voters a hearing.” That is, Hawley was merely representing those voters who had a procedural concern about how Pennsylvania had conducted its election. And in the email he took exception to a comment Joe Biden made in early January noting that Hawley and Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), who also led the effort to challenge the election, were “part of the Big Lie.”"

Josh Hawley Is Fundraising Off Lies About the Big Lie
    He's been trying to out-trump T****, can smell that red meat a mile away

it's going to be quite interesting to see who the GOP nominates in 2024, he's got a good shot along with DiSantis

12. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello reagansghost,

He's been trying to out-trump T****, can smell that red meat a mile away

it's going to be quite interesting to see who the GOP nominates in 2024, he's got a good shot along with DiSantis
    What about MJT???

After all. Without any committee assignments she's got a lot of free time on her hands.

13. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello reagansghost,

What about MJT???

After all. Without any committee assignments she's got a lot of free time on her hands.
    or MTG, if one of those two nutjobs gets the nod they'll immediately play the gender card, pretend they love women along the way

14. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello reagansghost,

or MTG, if one of those two nutjobs gets the nod they'll immediately play the gender card, pretend they love women along the way
    Thanks for the correction, my bad. That's who I meant. And true story. Capitalism is so ruthless, so tough to make it, there are a lot of people out there turning to shady politics to try to get rich.

They figure it's fine to make a public spectacle of oneself as long as there might be a big pay-off. Say stupid stuff - people send you money.