All 229 of them.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by goat View Post
    All 229 of them.
    I don't get why trolls like you waste your time. Done wasting my time with you.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,275 Times in 1,938 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 165 Times in 155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    I can't believe I keep getting my ass kicked by a noob.
    Get used to it.

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,276 Times in 27,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    They all think Jesus, the Man-God, is REAL.
    Nope.

Unitarian Christianity does not accept the doctrine of the Trinity, and they consider Jesus a holy man, not a deity.

A lot of fundamentalist Protestants do not consider Catholics to be Christians.

There is a long standing debate whether or not the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (aka Mormons) are actually Christian.

Conservative Protestant acquaintances of mine have tagged along to an Orthodox service and they were pretty shocked and could barely tell it was a Christian service.

You really do not see that vast kind of diversity in Islam, Judaism, Buddhism, or other world religions. That was my entire point, full stop.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Phantasmal (05-04-2021)

6. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,780 Times in 32,146 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    there is even a question about whether some Christians are polytheisists not monotheists.
    lol....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    Religion has mainly been a burden on societies. The opiate of the masses.
    the DNC is the opiate of the masses.....
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

8. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Nothing about a Quaker meeting and a Pentecostal revival looks remotely similar to each other.
    so what?......what about their faith confessions?......don't they share the Apostle's Creed?......as do the Catholics, the Mormons, the Seventh Day Adventists, the Baptists and the Emerging Church....

I believe in God, the Father almighty,
    creator of heaven and earth.

I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord.
    He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit
    and born of the Virgin Mary.
    He suffered under Pontius Pilate,
    was crucified, died, and was buried.
    He descended to the dead.
    On the third day he rose again.
    He ascended into heaven,
    and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
    He will come again to judge the living and the dead.

I believe in the Holy Spirit,
    the holy catholic Church*,
    the communion of saints,
    the forgiveness of sins,
    the resurrection of the body,
    and the life everlasting. Amen.

9. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Unitarian Christianity does not accept the doctrine of the Trinity, and they consider Jesus a holy man, not a deity.
    logically, by definition, any group which denies Christ is not Christian........

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Jack (05-04-2021)

11. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You really do not see that vast kind of diversity in Islam, Judaism, Buddhism, or other world religions. That was my entire point, full stop.
    incorrect......Judaism varies from Hasidic, to Zionist, to American unorthodoxy........Islam ranges from contemporary liberal unorthodoxy to the types killed in stampedes at Mecca and Palestinian terrorists who who bomb school buses for Allah.......

12. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    logically, by definition, any group which denies Christ is not Christian........
    Christ is the Greek word for Messiah. Being a Messiah does not require one to be a divine deity, to be God himself. There is a long tradition in Christianity, going back to the earliest days of the faith, of emphasizing Jesus' humanity over his divinity.

Of course, many of them were murdered and persecuted as heretics by the orthodox strain of the faith. But they are still around today. I have attended Unitarian services.

13. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Christ is the Greek word for Messiah. Being a Messiah does not require one to be a divine deity, to be God himself. There is a long tradition in Christianity, going back to the earliest days of the faith, of emphasizing Jesus' humanity over his divinity.

Of course, many of them were murdered and persecuted as heretics by the orthodox strain of the faith. But they are still around today. I have attended Unitarian services.
    Christianity does in fact believe the Messiah is divine....over the history of the religion those who denied it were excluded from the Church......though heretics are no longer killed, it doesn't mean we've decided to let those who deny Christ to pretend they are Christians.........obviously that includes the Unitarians......while they use his name, they are not his by definition of the term Christian......

14. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Christianity does in fact believe the Messiah is divine....over the history of the religion those who denied it were excluded from the Church......though heretics are no longer killed, it doesn't mean we've decided to let those who deny Christ to pretend they are Christians.........obviously that includes the Unitarians......while they use his name, they are not his by definition of the term Christian......
    You have never actually read the New Testament which was written in Archaic Greek, and has been attempted to be translated into English on the basis of Medieval msnuscipt copies which existed a thousand years after the original Gospels.

In the earliest Synoptic Gospels, New Testament scholars conclude that Jesus never called himself God. Since the Synoptic gospels were compiled closer in time to Jesus' own generation, they are probably the most reliable in terms of historical content.

The Gospel of John was written later and tried to make a concerted effort to make Jesus divine. This sounds to me like an after-the-fact embellishment of Jesus' life story.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Phantasmal (05-04-2021)

16. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

But ... you wish you could kill them, right?

17. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,494 Times in 52,722 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    American is certainly not a theocracy of any kind, although some zealots among us would have it as such.

The Evangelical American Taliban expresses and promotes theocratic views all the time.

As for 65% of Americans being Christians, I have no evidence to challenge that, but I don't really believe it.
    That's a huge number of religious-superstition-afflicted/compromised people.
    If it's true, however, it explains a lot.
    It's disturbing that so many of them truly believe that the country would be "better" if we were all the same religion (theirs, of course). If we all went to church (theirs, of course). If we all worshiped the same god (theirs, of course). If we had prayer and scriptural teachings in school (their prayers and teachings, of course). Despite the case law history and the Constitution, they would gladly implement this if it were allowed.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Phantasmal (05-04-2021)

19. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    It's disturbing that so many of them truly believe that the country would be "better" if we were all the same religion (theirs, of course). If we all went to church (theirs, of course). If we all worshiped the same god (theirs, of course). If we had prayer and scriptural teachings in school (their prayers and teachings, of course). Despite the case law history and the Constitution, they would gladly implement this if it were allowed.

According to Phantasmal, Muslim children are allowed to bring their Prayer Rugs to school. Claims it's in the Constitution. So, there's that.