Members banned from this thread: PostmodernProphet, Truth Detector, Sailor and Stone

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lincoln Project targets Trump with TV ad: "You're old, impotent and an embarrassment"

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,273 Times in 13,987 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Because I haven't read his columns I can't speak to anything specific but I have zero issue with him, or any other conservative, criticizing Trump from a conservative perspective. On Twitter I follow a number of conservatives/Libertarians who called out Trump many times during his four years for his policies or behavior. I have no issue with that. In fact I support it.

That's not the Lincoln Project however. They are ex-Republicans/Democrats, acting under the guise of being Republicans, who wanted many Republicans beside Trump to lose power. On top of that they were/are grifters.
    Bottom line, I don’t care about them, however, I don’t see them that way, but rather Republicans who are a trying to rid their party of the hate and divisive elements that Trump has bought into the party. To do such, they are taking on Trump directly employing the same tactics he employs to attract followers

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Bottom line, I don’t care about them, however, I don’t see them that way, but rather Republicans who are a trying to rid their party of the hate and divisive elements that Trump has bought into the party. To do such, they are taking on Trump directly employing the same tactics he employs to attract followers
    Except they're not Republicans. Steve Schmidt is now a Democrat. Do you really think the goal of Democrats is to help the Republican Party win more elections?

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,861 Times in 17,284 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,603 Times in 4,280 Posts

The Lincoln project wants to remove the insane rightys who have damaged America and the Republican party goals. They want a sane Repub party and have seen Trump is not the proper vehicle for a better, saner Reub party. Trump is not bright and is a conspiracy nut. He is Parler, Infowars crazed. He has the same ability to resist conspiracies that rights in this board do, essentially none. We have to get at the mass insanity of rightys and start respecting science and experts. You are not getting better info from these weird right-wing sites.
    I am sure if they sweep the Trumpies into the dust bin of history, they will return to being the party of the wealthy and corporations. They are the party of the haves who control the have nots. Why reds cannot understand that, has always been a source of surprise. I guess bigotry and hate are more important than the wealthy confiscation of money and power.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Nomad (04-23-2021)

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,014 Times in 8,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

To my knowledge, many people have changed political parties at some point in their life. I don't see it as that big of a deal.

As a Democrat I'm sure you love that there are these now Democrats/Ex-Republicans that are claiming to be Republicans running ads to take down the party. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't complain if the reverse was happening.

These guys are what they are, they are grifters. When we take a step back from the partisanship and tribalism just because people are on our 'side' politically doesn't necessarily make them good people.
    I see nothing wrong with changing parties either, but have these LP folks actually switched parties and become registered Democrats, or is that just another way of saying they no longer deserve to be called Republicans?

And are they, as you claimed, trying to take down the party, or just attempting to perform a Trumpectomy on it so that they can, once again not be ashamed of being a part of it?

And also once again, re: the grifter accusation.... who have they grifted and how?

The biggest grifter in all of politics is Trump himself.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,664 Times in 10,713 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 618 Times in 607 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    This will probably enrage Trump so badly, his head migh explode.
    SAME ASSHOLES BEING PROSECUTED FOR PEDOPHILIA???
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post
    SAME ASSHOLES BEING PROSECUTED FOR PEDOPHILIA???
    I had no idea the investigations into Trump had gotten that far.... yet.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

8. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I see nothing wrong with changing parties either, but have these LP folks actually switched parties and become registered Democrats, or is that just another way of saying they no longer deserve to be called Republicans?

And are they, as you claimed, trying to take down the party, or just attempting to perform a Trumpectomy on it so that they can, once again not be ashamed of being a part of it?

And also once again, re: the grifter accusation.... who have they grifted and how?

The biggest grifter in all of politics is Trump himself.
    I have no issues with Republicans who don't want the party to be the party of Trump. In fact I support them because that group includes me. But when you start running ads against multiple Republicans as the Lincoln Project did you aren't working on behalf of the party.

And here's Steve Schmidt's announcement of becoming a Democrat. Again, no Democrat is working to improve the Republican Party so Republican's can win more elections.

And I don't see how Trump being a grifter is justification for others. This all came out after the election about how they raised and used their money. I understand it can be hard because you like what they did but you have to separate their actions from their message.

Longtime GOP strategist Steve Schmidt announces he's registering Democrat

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/53...ering-democrat

9. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I have no issues with Republicans who don't want the party to be the party of Trump. In fact I support them because that group includes me. But when you start running ads against multiple Republicans as the Lincoln Project did you aren't working on behalf of the party.

And here's Steve Schmidt's announcement of becoming a Democrat. Again, no Democrat is working to improve the Republican Party so Republican's can win more elections.

And I don't see how Trump being a grifter is justification for others. This all came out after the election about how they raised and used their money. I understand it can be hard because you like what they did but you have to separate their actions from their message.

Longtime GOP strategist Steve Schmidt announces he's registering Democrat

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/53...ering-democrat
    These multiple Republicans you say he ran ads against, they wouldn't have happened to be rabid Trump loyalist loonies, would they?

And once again.... considering that pretty much the entire GOP lined up behind Trump and marched with him in lockstep, it's difficult to blame him for trying to work against a few of the worst of them.

If you are as against the GOP becoming the party of Trump, it seems to me you'd support ousting anyone who is part of that lunatic fringe and have them replaced with good old fashioned, greedy and heartless but sane, traditional Republicans.

Re: the grifting... I don't know how much of that is true. I'm sure they paid themselves well, but who doesn't do that nowadays? It's pretty much de rigueur anymore for the heads of any organization no matter what the mission, to pay themselves handsomely.

Does that make them grifters?

If so, every head of every company is also one.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

10. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,986 Times in 2,762 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 178 Times in 173 Posts

Lincoln Project targets Trump with TV ad: "You're old, impotent and an embarrassment"
    The Lincoln Project? You mean these guys?

The Lincoln Project implodes amid infighting and scandal
    https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...scandal-468984

11. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

These multiple Republicans you say he ran ads against, they wouldn't have happened to be rabid Trump loyalist loonies, would they?

And once again.... considering that pretty much the entire GOP lined up behind Trump and marched with him in lockstep, it's difficult to blame him for trying to work against a few of the worst of them.

If you are as against the GOP becoming the party of Trump, it seems to me you'd support ousting anyone who is part of that lunatic fringe and have them replaced with good old fashioned, greedy and heartless but sane, traditional Republicans.

Re: the grifting... I don't know how much of that is true. I'm sure they paid themselves well, but who doesn't do that nowadays? It's pretty much de rigueur anymore for the heads of any organization no matter what the mission, to pay themselves handsomely.

Does that make them grifters?

If so, every head of every company is also one.
    It's a supposed Republican group running ads against Susan Collins, Cory Gardner, Martha McSally, Lindsey Graham, Thom Tillis, Joni Ernst, John Coryny and Mitch McConnell and I believe there were more.

This is the Democratic Party's wet dream. A supposed Republican group spending millions for Republicans to lose.

There is nothing Republican about the Lincoln Project.

12. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It's a supposed Republican group running ads against Susan Collins, Cory Gardner, Martha McSally, Lindsey Graham, Thom Tillis, Joni Ernst, John Coryny and Mitch McConnell and I believe there were more.

This is the Democratic Party's wet dream. A supposed Republican group spending millions for Republicans to lose.

There is nothing Republican about the Lincoln Project.
    A lot of people are saying there isn't much that's Republican about the Republican Party anymore. either.

And I'm not sure they are actually claiming they are still technically Republicans, but rather people who were longtime Republicans and who have an intimate familiarity with them.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

13. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

A lot of people are saying there isn't much that's Republican about the Republican Party anymore. either.

And I'm not sure they are actually claiming they are still technically Republicans, but rather people who were longtime Republicans and who have an intimate familiarity with them.
    When you call yourself the Lincoln Project, you're using the Republican banner.

14. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

When you call yourself the Lincoln Project, you're using the Republican banner.
    Yes that is true, but their ties to the Republican party are strong and undeniable.

The fact that they left the Republican Party says more negative about the party than it does about them.

It would be like if some group of well known Democratic strategists with members like James Carville and Paul Begala left the Democratic Party and formed a group to help get Joe Biden and some other Democrats in Congress out of office.

People would be asking themselves why and wondering what's wrong with the people they're trying to oust?
    C'MON MAN!!!!

15. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yes that is true, but their ties to the Republican party are strong and undeniable.

The fact that they left the Republican Party says more negative about the party than it does about them.

It would be like if some group of well known Democratic strategists with members like James Carville and Paul Begala left the Democratic Party and formed a group to help get Joe Biden and some other Democrats in Congress out of office.

People would be asking themselves why and wondering what's wrong with the people they're trying to oust?
    The reality is the group has little credibility now after all that has gone down with the leader and little boys. The article Sirthinksalot posted sums it up well. As a Democrat I don't know if I'd want them on my side. It's one thing when doing all that stuff under the guise of being Republicans but now that they're Democrats it doesn't have the same appeal.

16. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The reality is the group has little credibility now after all that has gone down with the leader and little boys. The article Sirthinksalot posted sums it up well. As a Democrat I don't know if I'd want them on my side. It's one thing when doing all that stuff under the guise of being Republicans but now that they're Democrats it doesn't have the same appeal.
    I'm guessing that because the ad is only running in Palm Beach County where Mar-A-Lago is and where Trump resides, they're only doing it to fuck with his head and get him off his game.

I doubt that they much care how everyone else reacts.
    C'MON MAN!!!!