Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Black man punched repeatedly by yet another racist cop, pulled over for littering

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Black man punched repeatedly by yet another racist cop, pulled over for littering

Bodycam shows Michigan cops punching Black man in the face after stop for littering

Source: Raw Story

Bodycam footage was released after a violent arrest in Grand Rapids, Michigan in which a Black man was punched several times by police after the car he was in was stopped for littering, TMZ reported, citing police Chief Eric Payne. The incident happened March 26, but the video was just released showing Diabate Hood, who was pulled over with two other men in the car. Hood refused to step out of the car.

Hood reportedly jumped into the passenger seat, which police took as an attempt to flee. The video shows Hood being held down by three police officers, and one punches him several times in the face. Hood can be heard screaming as officers shouted "stop resisting." Officers then held him down and Hood can be heard yelling, "I can't breathe."

"This is the police work that I expect from my personnel," said Chief Payne. The department then claimed that they searched the car and found four weapons, which they're using to charge Hood with felonies. Hood has also been charged with attempting to disarm a police officer, carrying a concealed weapon and resisting arrest.

Lawyer Tyrone Bynum is representing the men in the car. In a statement, he said, "What I saw in the video was another George Floyd." He noted that the alarming part came from officers who can be heard saying that Hood was "lucky he's not dead."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (04-22-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

why aren't we seeing smart phone and body cam clips of the cops killing and beating white people on TV..... never happens?

could be it doesn't

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,307 Times in 13,426 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 843 Times in 802 Posts

That there were three officers present says the "littering charge" is probably bogus as hell as the reason they stopped this guy. You don't get 3+ cops at a simple traffic stop. Something else was going on that led to what we saw. That Hood got punched was unnecessary and the officer should be disciplined for that, but Hood being a thug and not doing as the officers ordered brought that use of force on himself (except for the punching).

During that video we hear one officer say "Stop grabbing me" to Hood and it's possible that's what brought the punches which would be an acceptable use of force. You are grabbing me with intent to injure, I punch you to stop that action.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

War=Peace (04-22-2021)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    why aren't we seeing smart phone and body cam clips of the cops killing and beating white people on TV..... never happens?

could be it doesn't
    More likely, it does, like this clip embedded in the link:

https://www.newsweek.com/cops-seen-b...tering-1585716

Now, punching a guy repeatedly while he's cuffed is almost always illegal...

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    That there were three officers present says the "littering charge" is probably bogus as hell as the reason they stopped this guy. You don't get 3+ cops at a simple traffic stop. Something else was going on that led to what we saw. That Hood got punched was unnecessary and the officer should be disciplined for that, but Hood being a thug and not doing as the officers ordered brought that use of force on himself (except for the punching).
    this is a serious thread, drop the dramatics

8. The Following User Says Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

Trumpet (04-22-2021)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

this is a serious thread, drop the dramatics
    No dramatics. I take it you won't accept any position or response that doesn't put all the blame on the officers involved.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

Sailor (04-22-2021)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

No dramatics. I take it you won't accept any position or response that doesn't put all the blame on the officers involved.
    And the dumb fuck obviously did not read what he posted.

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

ok drama queen.....tell me more about this 'thug'

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    And the dumb fuck obviously did not read what he posted.
    Captain Poopeye, if there's a dumbfuck, on this forum it's you
    Lock Him Up

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Oh look! RG's inbred sibling Trumpet has rushed to his aid. The dueling drooling.

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

How would you feel if this happened to a family member of yours????????????????????????
    Lock Him Up

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

ok drama queen.....tell me more about this 'thug'
    The department then claimed that they searched the car and found four weapons, which they're using to charge Hood with felonies. Hood has also been charged with attempting to disarm a police officer, carrying a concealed weapon and resisting arrest.
    From the OP above.

If Hood was charged with a felony for possession of a firearm that means he had prior felony convictions. That means he's a thug. That's going to come out in the next couple of days as his record and history become widely known. But for now, a felony arrest for carrying a concealed firearm means prior felonies.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

Sailor (04-22-2021)

18. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Oh look! RG's inbred sibling Trumpet has rushed to his aid. The dueling drooling.
    Catain Poopeye, the JPP buffoon.
    Lock Him Up

19. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    How would you feel if this happened to a family member of yours????????????????????????
    I wouldn't particularly like the officer having punched them, but if they had a criminal history which appears all but a certainty with Hood, and they were packing a firearm, and they resisted arrest, I wouldn't be posting bail for them.

20. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Bodycam shows Michigan cops punching Black man in the face after stop for littering

Source: Raw Story

Bodycam footage was released after a violent arrest in Grand Rapids, Michigan in which a Black man was punched several times by police after the car he was in was stopped for littering, TMZ reported, citing police Chief Eric Payne. The incident happened March 26, but the video was just released showing Diabate Hood, who was pulled over with two other men in the car. Hood refused to step out of the car.

Hood reportedly jumped into the passenger seat, which police took as an attempt to flee. The video shows Hood being held down by three police officers, and one punches him several times in the face. Hood can be heard screaming as officers shouted "stop resisting." Officers then held him down and Hood can be heard yelling, "I can't breathe."

"This is the police work that I expect from my personnel," said Chief Payne. The department then claimed that they searched the car and found four weapons, which they're using to charge Hood with felonies. Hood has also been charged with attempting to disarm a police officer, carrying a concealed weapon and resisting arrest.

Lawyer Tyrone Bynum is representing the men in the car. In a statement, he said, "What I saw in the video was another George Floyd." He noted that the alarming part came from officers who can be heard saying that Hood was "lucky he's not dead."

The police have gotten away with using excessive force for too long.
    Lock Him Up