Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Debunking Howard Zinn (the man responsible for ALL of today's crap)

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 28 Times in 25 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Debunking Howard Zinn (the man responsible for ALL of today's crap)

Howard Zinn’s Debunking
    By GEORGE LEEF
    April 15, 2020 10:51 AM

Howard Zinn was a lousy historian but a superb propagandist whose textbook on American history has been read by (or at least assigned to) vast numbers of students. Think of it as a precursor to the New York Times’ 1619 Project, an effort to discredit the nation’s Founding.

In today’s Martin Center article, history professor Wilfred McClay reviews a book that takes dead aim at the Zinn mystique — Mary Grabar’s Debunking Howard Zinn. He writes:

In Debunking Howard Zinn, Mary Grabar has performed the absolutely necessary task that her title promises, and has done so with admirable energy, persistence, and relentless attention to detail, leaving Zinn’s already shaky credibility in utter ruins. She brings the intensive scrutiny of a jeweler’s eye to Zinn’s work, topic by topic, and shows in no uncertain terms how flawed and unreliable it is.

Zinn admired Stalin and Mao. An early practitioner of false moral equivalence, he cast their policies as no worse than those of the U.S. He also grasped that there was a load of money to be made selling anti-Americanism.

McClay lauds Grabar’s indefatigable work in showing Zinn’s falsifications and adds:

https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...nns-debunking/

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Drummie123 For This Post:

Matt Dillon (04-23-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

I first heard about his work in the movie Good Will Hunting but have never read it. I do know that history has been bastardized to push politics, that those who call themselves historians rarely even attempt to tell the truth anymore, that one of the first things the Revolution did was rewrite history according to their credo. Victor Davis Hanson is currently the only historian that I pay attention to.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,545 Times in 14,029 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,451 Times in 1,370 Posts
    Blog Entries

No more of RW whitey controlling the white washed narrative
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

ברוך השם

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,176 Times in 7,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,196 Times in 1,111 Posts

Trumptards have their own reality- make up their own history- and create their own facts!

NOT THAT ANYONE BUT TRUMPTARDS BELIEVE THEM!

The Trumptards don't even believe their own SHIT! They just use it to antagonize the people who see right through their lies and BULLSHIT!

They think Lying to themselves and everyone else is better than just facing the truth and reality!

The Republicans have been doing that for decades!

TYPICAL OF REPUBLICANS AND TRUMPTARDS!

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    Trumptards have their own reality- make up their own history- and create their own facts!

NOT THAT ANYONE BUT TRUMPTARDS BELIEVE THEM!

The Trumptards don't even believe their own SHIT! They just use it to antagonize the people who see right through their lies and BULLSHIT!

They think Lying to themselves and everyone else is better than just facing the truth and reality!

The Republicans have been doing that for decades!

TYPICAL OF REPUBLICANS AND TRUMPTARDS!
    History is a shit show now, and history has long been controlled by the Left...So No.

What is called history in the k-12 schools now is pure Woke propaganda.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 40 Times in 35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    History is a shit show now, and history has long been controlled by the Left...So No.

Really, did right wing propaganda tell you that?

I highly doubt you have spent time in a US History class. And before you site some random examples, there are nuts teaching US History. Just like every other profession there is good and bad.

The vast majority of US History classes are taught by honest teachers trying to get teenagers to critically think about how we created this great country. Acknowledging the evils of our past and celebrating its greatness at the same time.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Whythink For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (04-23-2021)

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,927 Times in 13,194 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

I first heard about his work in the movie Good Will Hunting but have never read it. I do know that history has been bastardized to push politics, that those who call themselves historians rarely even attempt to tell the truth anymore, that one of the first things the Revolution did was rewrite history according to their credo. Victor Davis Hanson is currently the only historian that I pay attention to.
    Here, read it for free. It's a mishmash of nonsense, half-truths, outright lies, and cherry picking.

https://libcom.org/files/A%20People'...ard%20Zinn.pdf

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Here, read it for free. It's a mishmash of nonsense, half-truths, outright lies, and cherry picking.

https://libcom.org/files/A%20People'...ard%20Zinn.pdf
    No thanks, I am reading Sexual Personae which I am finding to be every bit as awesome as I had hoped it would be, the whiplash would probably kill me.

12. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,927 Times in 13,194 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

No thanks, I am reading Sexual Personae which I am finding to be every bit as awesome as I had hoped it would be, the whiplash would probably kill me.
    Whereas I read Zinn (it's an inch deep intellectually and his bibliography is razor thin). But I did read him. I believe like Sun Tzu said Know yourself and know your enemy and you will be safe in one hundred battles... That is, I need to read and study what the Left says and thinks because I already know what the rest of the political spectrum thinks. That's why you read Zinn.

When you do, you can refute the idiocy the Left puts up when citing him. It makes thread killing easy peasy.

13. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 40 Times in 35 Posts

Zinn, and most modern historians are trying to engage thinkers. He challenged the textbook history taught for so long that focused on our ideals but ignored, or grossly understated, our failures.

Understanding that the greatness comes from our ideals that we must never stop fighting to achieve. Acknowledging we are not there yet but are struggling to get better every day.

History is complicated and should result in conversation about how we can ensure we never go back.

When my mom talks about the 50s as a better time, it is disappointing. It was never better, especially in the 50s because all men were not equal.

Zinn is 1 perspective. I try to read and listen to as many as possible.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Whythink For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (04-23-2021)

15. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,176 Times in 7,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,196 Times in 1,111 Posts

Still crying! Still making excuses! Everybody's just a pickn' on you huh? OH YOU POOR LITTLE HELPLESS THING YOU! AND JUST AFTER THOSE GOD DAMN MINORITIES STOLE YOUR ELECTION! WHAT A POOR LITTLE VICTIM YOU ARE! WELL THOSE GOD DAMN HISTORIANS! THOSE GOD DAMN PEOPLE OF COLOR! THAT GOD DAMN MEDIA ALWAYS RECORDING REPUBLICANS ON FILM AND MICROPHONE MAKING SUCH FOOLS OUT OF THEMSELVES. IT SHOULD BE AGAINST THE LAW FOR THE LIBERAL MEDIA TO TELL THE TRUTH AND LAY OUT THE FACTS! LOL!

History does have Donald Trump's shit stains all over it now! His and your shit stains as well- and your Republican party is pretty much shit-stained for life now- BECAUSE OF THOSE DAMN LIBERALS- BECAUSE OF THOSE DAMN MINORITIES- BECAUSE OF THOSE DAMN HISTORIANS- BECAUSE OF THIS DAMN VIRUS THE LIBERAL MEDIA MADE UP ON PURPOSE JUST TO TAKE DONALD TRUMP DOWN!

WHY YOU POOR LITTLE SICK FUCK YOU! BLAHAHAHAHAHA!

You must be totally fucking miserable! HA........HA...........HAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWW!

Last edited by Geeko Sportivo; 04-23-2021 at 12:31 PM.

16. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Still crying! Still making excuses! Everybody's just a pickn' on you huh? OH YOU POOR LITTLE HELPLESS THING YOU! AND JUST AFTER THOSE GOD DAMN MINORITIES STOLE YOUR ELECTION! WHAT A POOR LITTLE VICTIM YOU ARE! WELL THOSE GOD DAMN HISTORIANS! THOSE GOD DAMN PEOPLE OF COLOR! THAT GOD DAMN MEDIA ALWAYS RECORDING REPUBLICANS ON FILM AND MICROPHONE MAKING SUCH FOOLS OUT OF THEMSELVES. IT SHOULD BE AGAINST THE LAW FOR THE LIBERAL MEDIA TO TELL THE TRUTH AND LAY OUT THE FACTS! LOL!

History does have Donald Trump's shit stains all over it now! His and your shit stains as well- and your Republican party is pretty much shit-stained for life now- BECAUSE OF THOSE DAMN LIBERALS- BECAUSE OF THOSE DAMN MINORITIES- BECAUSE OF THOSE DAMN HISTORIANS-

Still telling the truth baby....till my last breath.

17. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,447 Times in 7,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 509 Times in 502 Posts

I like David Barton.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Matt Dillon For This Post:

Hawkeye10 (04-23-2021)

19. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,447 Times in 7,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 509 Times in 502 Posts

History does have Donald Trump's shit stains all over it now! His and your shit stains as well- and your Republican party is pretty much shit-stained for life now- BECAUSE OF THOSE DAMN LIBERALS- BECAUSE OF THOSE DAMN MINORITIES- BECAUSE OF THOSE DAMN HISTORIANS-

You must be totally fucking miserable! HA........HA...........HAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWW!

You are a baby-shit yellow colored skidmark.