Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: There is no reversible error in the Chauvin trial

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,780 Times in 32,146 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

good lord......you idiots tried this case seven times before it ever went to the jury........now you want to run the appeal process.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,734 Times in 14,330 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,386 Times in 1,304 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Well, I suppose time will tell. If this is reversed on appeal, then I will be proven wrong. If not, then people like Guille will keep claiming they are right, even as they are proven wrong.

Chauvin get a much better defense than most defendants get. The evidence just was not with them.

It seriously does not matter. You take your victim's health the way you find it. If a younger, healthier man would have survived, Chauvin probably should have done it to a younger, healthier man... Or better yet not done it at all.
    Even a trump appointee won't hear this case in appeals court. It's a waste of taxpayer money.

$27 million plus legal fees is enough to waste on this murderer.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,734 Times in 14,330 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,386 Times in 1,304 Posts

You have a really bad surprise in your immediate future. It really is not reversible error that someone said people should protest if the decision works against them.
    His fallacy assumes that none of the jurors were alive during the protests last summer.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

This is where I disagree with the right wing legal experts. I believe a jury can be wrong. They believe a jury is always right, and therefore reality must be wrong.

If I see an innocent person convicted, I assume there was an error. I do not need to see that reversible error proven, just the innocents reasonably proven. Decades of right wing Supreme Court justices means my beliefs are not US legal system practice.

Either you are wrong, or the jury is wrong. Your evidence comes from right wing conspiracy websites, so I tend to discount it. But maybe we are all wrong.
    My ‘evidence’ is in the toxicology report. I will always be skeptical that Chauvin’s actions would have led to the death of a healthy person and/or not one who was already showing signs of opioid induced respiratory distress prior to being restrained.

Feel free to convince me otherwise. Use facts and science.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017