Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question: Don't Minnesota Businesses have...?

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Which begs the question about the pen.

He did go on to say that the color is often not even close. He rejected one the same day.
    yeah, I do not remember his testimony about the color. I remember him saying he used no standard.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,338 Times in 52,391 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

I understand. The kid testified. During his testimony, the prosecution showed quite a few minutes of video from inside the store. He testified that he refused a bill from Floyd's accomplice (the guy who refused to testify) because he knew it was fake. He accepted Floyd's, even though he was pretty sure it was fake. The store policy is that if you accept a fake bill, it comes out of your pay.

He reported to the manager that he thinks the bill is fake. That's when they made the attempts to get Floyd to come back into the store.

One of those pens would have negated all of this.
    It's not the kid's fault and it's not Floyd's fault. Derek Chauvin has probably been pulling shit like this for years. Like serial killers, he may have been ramping up the violence until he finally killed someone. It's just Floyd's bad luck Derek answered the call.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Althea (04-21-2021)

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,000 Times in 14,504 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    Maybe he should have testified. Wouldn't have made the three convictions worse.
    My position as well. Early on it was suggested that Nelson went about this all wrong. As long as the defense was going to be founded on lies and fabrications, he should have had Chauvin feign contrition and give the impression that he thought he was following protocol. In essence, put the police dept. training on trial. He might have gotten manslaughter. Instead, they just continued to lie and put Floyd on trial.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    It's not the kid's fault and it's not Floyd's fault. Derek Chauvin has probably been pulling shit like this for years. Like serial killers, he may have been ramping up the violence until he finally killed someone. It's just Floyd's bad luck Derek answered the call.
    Judge refused to allow Chauvin's 8 citations for violence to be admitted into evidence. The kid feels as if he's to blame because he should have either rejected the bill at first, or just paid the twenty bucks out of his own pocket.

I believe Floyd was aware of the fake bill. You can see him exchanging something with his drug dealer inside the store. I wonder why they didn't flee the scene, though. They just hung out.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

My position as well. Early on it was suggested that Nelson went about this all wrong. As long as the defense was going to be founded on lies and fabrications, he should have had Chauvin feign contrition and give the impression that he thought he was following protocol. In essence, put the police dept. training on trial. He might have gotten manslaughter. Instead, they just continued to lie and put Floyd on trial.

I thought the defense wrong to constantly harp on the angry mob. Only made Chauvin look worse.

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Judge refused to allow Chauvin's 8 citations for violence to be admitted into evidence. The kid feels as if he's to blame because he should have either rejected the bill at first, or just paid the twenty bucks out of his own pocket.

I believe Floyd was aware of the fake bill. You can see him exchanging something with his drug dealer inside the store. I wonder why they didn't flee the scene, though. They just hung out.

Another weird thing. Floyd was confronted twice about the bill. Why hang around?

8. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I thought the defense wrong to constantly harp on the angry mob. Only made Chauvin look worse.
    I can't think of one point Nelson attempted to make that wasn't laughable. I believe his goal was to obtain a hung jury by focusing on jury selection. Many are confused by the fact that he played video of the murder ad nauseum during his closing.

This all came down to a stellar prosecution that robbed Nelson of all of his bullet points during direct. They systematically dismantled his bogus defense, before he event got to present one.

9. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I can't think of one point Nelson attempted to make that wasn't laughable. I believe his goal was to obtain a hung jury by focusing on jury selection. Many are confused by the fact that he played video of the murder ad nauseum during his closing.

This all came down to a stellar prosecution that robbed Nelson of all of his bullet points during direct. They systematically dismantled his bogus defense, before he event got to present one.
    Angry people yelling made Chauvin kill Floyd? That was a bizarre argument.

10. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Another weird thing. Floyd was confronted twice about the bill. Why hang around?
    Yep. That might lead one to think he didn't know about the fake bill. He seemed to dismiss the severity of the actions of the employees that asked him to speak with the manager.

Of course, nobody has accused Floyd of being MENSA material.

11. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Angry people yelling made Chauvin kill Floyd? That was a bizarre argument.
    Especially given Chauvin's hand in his pocket during the 'yelling'. He certainly didn't appear to be concerned. Especially since the one cop was doing 'crowd control'.

12. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yep. That might lead one to think he didn't know about the fake bill. He seemed to dismiss the severity of the actions of the employees that asked him to speak with the manager.

Of course, nobody has accused Floyd of being MENSA material.

No. The cashier said he believed Floyd did not suspect the bill was bad.

Floyd could have put his hands on the steering wheel. My thought watching the cop video was, this guy aint too bright.

13. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,338 Times in 52,391 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

The kid shouldn't feel guilty. Derek did this, no one else. Even if Floyd had just committed mass murder, that's not license for a street execution, which is what this was. AKA murder.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

14. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Especially given Chauvin's hand in his pocket during the 'yelling'. He certainly didn't appear to be concerned. Especially since the one cop was doing 'crowd control'.
    Chauvin had Floyd under control. I think the jury was right to call it murder.

15. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

One of those pens that detect counterfeit bills? Floyd was allowed to leave the store, even though the cashier was pretty sure the bill was fake.

I find it hard to believe that any of this would have happened if they used one of these.

https://www.amazon.com/Marker-Counte.../dp/B06XPBYHG1
    First of all those pens haven't worked for years second of all counterfeit money is really really rare in Minnesota you are much much more likely to see it where there's a lot of Hispanics around like South Florida
    Why Biden? Because Fuck You that's why. Barack Obama has a Grammy, an Emmy, a Nobel Prize, 2 terms as President and a Twitter account.

Donald Trump has 2 impeachments.

16. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    The kid shouldn't feel guilty. Derek did this, no one else. Even if Floyd had just committed mass murder, that's not license for a street execution, which is what this was. AKA murder.
    Yes. Police are not the judicial branch of the criminal justice system.