Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Guilty of murder. All three charges!

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Default Guilty of murder. All three charges!

wow

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hopefully this sent a warning to cops and this was a tipping point that cops don't get off murdering people anymore

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to katzgar For This Post:

blackascoal (04-20-2021), christiefan915 (04-20-2021), Guno צְבִי (04-20-2021), signalmankenneth (04-20-2021), ThatOwlWoman (04-20-2021), Trumpet (04-20-2021)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by katzgar View Post
    Hopefully this sent a warning to cops and this was a tipping point that cops don't get off murdering people anymore

Absolutely.

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

This is the end of the beginning. Still the beginning. We still have a long way to go. But there should have not been any question about what this was, and yet here we are. And now we're going to hear how horrible this decision was.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Concart For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (04-20-2021), Trumpet (04-20-2021), TTQ64 (04-20-2021)

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,616 Times in 9,137 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,428 Times in 1,257 Posts

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    This is the end of the beginning. Still the beginning. We still have a long way to go. But there should have not been any question about what this was, and yet here we are. And now we're going to hear how horrible this decision was.
    Chauvin committed murder. I thought that through the whole trial.

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    Chauvin committed murder. I thought that through the whole trial.
    It was on tape. A murder on tape. Thank God a jury figured it out. As for the reaction of the right on this one? Let them scream and yell and shout. They are shrinking away. The rest of us will now take this and hopefully go to work on the system that caused this to happen in the first place.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (04-20-2021)

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,418 Times in 53,287 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

It was on tape. A murder on tape. Thank God a jury figured it out. As for the reaction of the right on this one? Let them scream and yell and shout. They are shrinking away. The rest of us will now take this and hopefully go to work on the system that caused this to happen in the first place.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Just spit balling here but there's two reasons I think we won't see major changes. The first is when crime picks up people become afraid and we pass tougher crime legislation. The other is the tribalism and partisanship, and even you referenced the right and left here as if each 'side' can only see things one way.

I would throw out how many people have heard of Tony Timpa? He was killed by the police in Dallas in 2016 the same as George Floyd. Yet no national media attention, no protests etc. The reason why? He was white. Just my opinion but if we really want reform there needs to be more buy in from people across the political spectrum and with the way its done now we don't get that.

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,440 Times in 2,013 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 611 Times in 582 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Just spit balling here but there's two reasons I think we won't see major changes. The first is when crime picks up people become afraid and we pass tougher crime legislation. The other is the tribalism and partisanship, and even you referenced the right and left here as if each 'side' can only see things one way.

I would throw out how many people have heard of Tony Timpa? He was killed by the police in Dallas in 2016 the same as George Floyd. Yet no national media attention, no protests etc. The reason why? He was white. Just my opinion but if we really want reform there needs to be more buy in from people across the political spectrum and with the way its done now we don't get that.
    Playing the white victim card!Great timing dipshit.
    Tie Your 'roo down Mate

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mason Melchizedek For This Post:

TTQ64 (04-20-2021)

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,246 Times in 6,876 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,852 Times in 1,715 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post

There is more consensus than most think about the need for police reform in general.

I haven't loved a lot of the national dialogue on the entire topic, but one thing that is starting to be talked about more is the concept of policing in general. What do they need to protect people from, and what level of force is needed? Can we start mailing out fines instead of creating confrontation over things like expired registrations and traffic offenses?

The entire way we approach law enforcement needs to be changed, and the relationship of police to the communities they serve. This, to me, is a very healthy conversation - and one where there is much agreement between the left & right.

Can politicians take that consensus and arrive at common sense solutions? There is a mandate to do so. We can only hope.

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    There is more consensus than most think about the need for police reform in general.

I haven't loved a lot of the national dialogue on the entire topic, but one thing that is starting to be talked about more is the concept of policing in general. What do they need to protect people from, and what level of force is needed? Can we start mailing out fines instead of creating confrontation over things like expired registrations and traffic offenses?

The entire way we approach law enforcement needs to be changed, and the relationship of police to the communities they serve. This, to me, is a very healthy conversation - and one where there is much agreement between the left & right.

Can politicians take that consensus and arrive at common sense solutions? There is a mandate to do so. We can only hope.

If you are called on an allegation of a $20 bill, murdering the suspect is wrong. Three counts wrong.

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Mason? View Post
    Playing the white victim card!Great timing dipshit.
    It's a political message board. There shouldn't be much that's off limits here, or any kind of "too soon" considerations.

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post

Maybe I'm naïve here but getting true reform is far less likely to occur, imo, when it is framed simply as right vs left. And maybe I'm naive that anything bi-partisan can happen these days. But to me, for real reform and improvement there has to be bigger buy in and a whole story told. The current way we tell the story doesn't produce that.

19. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    If you are called on an allegation of a $20 bill, murdering the suspect is wrong. Three counts wrong.
    Essentially, I'd agree w/ that. I didn't think there was enough for a murder charge, but I also don't think it's egregious given the circumstances.