Thread: Here is how the POS you vote for are representing you

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

Default Here is how the POS you vote for are representing you

Why Joe Manchin, Kyrsten Sinema Will Headline Anti-$15 Minimum Wage, Anti-Union Event

Sinema and Manchin will join former Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel next week in speeches at a conference held by the National Restaurant Association, according to the conference agenda. The association has been aggressively lobbying against Democrats' proposed minimum wage hike and labor legislation.

Manchin and Sinema, who represent West Virginia and Arizona respectively, will be featured on panels entitled "Seeking Unity: Conversations on Finding Bipartisan Solutions." The event is the association's annual "public affairs conference," which in Washington-speak means it is for lobbyists and focused on shaping legislation.

https://www.newsweek.com/why-joe-man...-event-1584813
    Complete corrupt puppets of corporate lobbyists!!! This is the USA folks...a failed state for the people.
    BLUEXIT
    A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

Dear Red-State Trump Voter,
    Let’s face it, guys: We’re done.

It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

This is why our separation in all but name is necessary.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

'Corporations are People too'.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,536 Times in 2,978 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    Complete corrupt puppets of corporate lobbyists!!! This is the USA folks...a failed state for the people.
    Explain to me how it is a "failed state for the people." And for what people? All people? Some people? It certainly can't be people of specific ethnic backgrounds because all have come here and succeeded. so what people?

Edit: Thought of some more questions -- People who don't want play by the rules? People who want a "nanny state?" Are these the people to whom you are referring?

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    Explain to me how it is a "failed state for the people." And for what people? All people? Some people? It certainly can't be people of specific ethnic backgrounds because all have come here and succeeded. so what people?

Edit: Thought of some more questions -- People who don't want play by the rules? People who want a "nanny state?" Are these the people to whom you are referring?
    When a nation goes from number 1 in upward mobility in the industrialized world to number 37 do the effing math.
    BLUEXIT
    A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

Dear Red-State Trump Voter,
    Let’s face it, guys: We’re done.

It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

This is why our separation in all but name is necessary.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

the person I voted for isn't in office.......some senile old fart from Delaware won instead.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

leaningright (04-20-2021)

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,548 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 201 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    the person I voted for isn't in office.......some senile old fart from Delaware won instead.....
    And he is acting on behalf of the people, and f**k the wealthy as it should be. Change is in the air, and it smells good after that trash that others put in.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...ican-dialogue/
    Last edited by Old Trapper; 04-20-2021 at 02:21 PM.
    "2Timothy 3 "But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away"