Members banned from this thread: BRUTALITOPS, Minister of Truth, The Anonymous, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Niche Political Commentor, Superfreak, volsrock, Yurt, Lord Yurt, OG Yurt and Yakuda

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Defining the Christian Life

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I have university degrees in science, and certainly know more about science than you.

Considering the vast volume of posts on this forum which amount to nothing more than scurrilous gossip, blantant racism, unrepentant nincompoopery, I am surprised you would complain so vociferously about a brief examination of the lives of Martin Luther King, Mother Teresa, Francis of Assisi.
    I believe you are one of the smarter Posters here on the Forum, which is why I am astounded at your constant PROMOTION of Religion. A 1,000 years ago, we could all marvel at these men of 'wisdom', living the Bible, telling us all about 'the Word of God', giving us all Guidance into Purity, that Salvation could be had Through the Word of Jesus Christ.
    But ... after the Renaissance, Enlightenment took over, Science, Inquiry, Questioning what was.

Now, you promote Thomas More, he objected to King Henry and the issue of Divorce and lost his head over it, now a saint, Saint Thomas More. I believe YOU are on your second marriage (or maybe it's your wife's?), you could become a Saint, Saint Cypress. Do what Thomas More did, live your Faith, request that your head be cut off. Talk the talk and walk the walk, Sir Cypress.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,529 Times in 52,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

I have university degrees in science, and certainly know more about science than you.

Considering the vast volume of posts on this forum which amount to nothing more than scurrilous gossip, blantant racism, unrepentant nincompoopery, I am surprised you would complain so vociferously about a brief examination of the lives of Martin Luther King, Mother Teresa, Francis of Assisi.
    Jack is one of the forum's most prolific producers of said scurrilous gossip, nincompoopery, bullshit, etc. The problem with posting a thoughtful discussion in the late hours of the day is the attraction of drunks, stoners, morons, creeps, shit-disturbers, and trolls.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Cypress (04-20-2021)

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Jack is one of the forum's most prolific producers of said scurrilous gossip, nincompoopery, bullshit, etc. The problem with posting a thoughtful discussion in the late hours of the day is the attraction of drunks, stoners, morons, creeps, shit-disturbers, and trolls.
    Says the Queen of Gossip.

Do you have any thing to say on the Topic? ... or simply your standard bullshit of jibber jabber?

Like Cypress, you could become Saint Owl. All you have to do is embrace the Faith of Thomas More. Get in line after Cypress and have your head cut off.

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,287 Times in 27,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I believe you are one of the smarter Posters here on the Forum, which is why I am astounded at your constant PROMOTION of Religion. A 1,000 years ago, we could all marvel at these men of 'wisdom', living the Bible, telling us all about 'the Word of God', giving us all Guidance into Purity, that Salvation could be had Through the Word of Jesus Christ.
    But ... after the Renaissance, Enlightenment took over, Science, Inquiry, Questioning what was.

Now, you promote Thomas More, he objected to King Henry and the issue of Divorce and lost his head over it, now a saint, Saint Thomas More. I believe YOU are on your second marriage (or maybe it's your wife's?), you could become a Saint, Saint Cypress. Do what Thomas More did, live your Faith, request that your head be cut off. Talk the talk and walk the walk, Sir Cypress.
    I believe any thoughtful person has a lot to learn from an examination of the lives and values of Christians like Martin Luther King Jr., Augustine, Mother Teresa, as well as atheists like Frederick Nitzche, Buddhists like Sadartha Guatama, and Hindus like Mahatma Ghandi.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Jack (04-20-2021), ThatOwlWoman (04-20-2021)

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Says the Queen of Gossip.

Do you have any thing to say on the Topic? ... or simply your standard bullshit of jibber jabber?

Like Cypress, you could become Saint Owl. All you have to do is embrace the Faith of Thomas More. Get in line after Cypress and have your head cut off.
    In other words, my arrow struck true.

Now run off to the Toxic thread and talk some more about what you imagine about my sex life.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I believe any thoughtful person has a lot to learn from an examination of the lives and values of Christians like Martin Luther King Jr., Augustine, Mother Teresa, as well as atheists like Frederick Nitzche, Buddhists like Sadartha Guatama, and Hindus like Mahatma Ghandi.
    Well, maybe you could express those things you feel are 'worthy', rather than just lump a bunch of Christians together and PROMOTE these people as some types of Models for Modern People?

Is getting your head cut off because you don't think someone should get a Divorce part of this?

9. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

In other words, my arrow struck true.

Now run off to the Toxic thread and talk some more about what you imagine about my sex life.
    Ahhhh ... YES, YES, YES, ... I KNEW IT!!!

This is about YOU, THE GORGEOUS BOY, and THE VIBRATOR.

Pumpkin, you said everything that needed to be said.
    'the guy will orgasm before I do, and then leave, ... with my vibrator, I'M IN CONTROL, it won't leave me'

10. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

(yeah, you fucked up this time, you shouldn't have reopened that can of worms)

11. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Something tells me Jack will be getting introduced to Cypress's worthy thread-ban list.

12. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

(yeah, you fucked up this time, you shouldn't have reopened that can of worms)

You mean the one you've been flinging around for days now? That can of worms that ended up mostly stuck to you?

13. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,761 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,342 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

Believing in something you can't see, touch, or feel. Believing in Magic. Believing in a Philosophy that was founded under Imperial Rome occupation, a Philosophy of Survival (submission to the Authorities).

'Science' would be the opposite of 'Religious Belief'. Science follow the facts, if the facts change, the science changes. Religious Belief NEVER changes. THAT'S the problem with 'Religion'.

Cypress, please go to Bethlehem, spread your Message THERE. Here in the US, we support SCIENCE.
    You can believe in something greater than yourself and still support science.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AProudLefty For This Post:

Cypress (04-20-2021), ThatOwlWoman (04-20-2021)

15. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,287 Times in 27,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Well, maybe you could express those things you feel are 'worthy', rather than just lump a bunch of Christians together and PROMOTE these people as some types of Models for Modern People?

Is getting your head cut off because you don't think someone should get a Divorce part of this?
    Apparently your forte is gossip about the personal lives of posters you do not know and have never met?

If you are hostile to religion, there is no need for you to patrol the board's religion forum.

I probably post more about science than I do about religion. That does not mean I am promoting anything. If you feel you have nothing to learn from Martin Luther King Jr., Pope Francis, Mother Teresa, or Mahatma Ghandi no one is forcing you to examine their lives and values.

I am interested religion, science, existentialism, Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism, Daoism, moral philosophy, intellectual history, post modernism, paganism, et al.

I am not on anyone's team, I post what is interesting to me - and I think on balance my thread contributions are generally of a higher quality than the gossip, racism, petty grudges that which JPP is most infamous for.

I consider my role to improve the quality of discourse on the interwebs!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (04-20-2021)

17. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    You can believe in something greater than yourself and still support science.
    Cool. Go ahead and define it.

18. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,761 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,342 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

Cool. Go ahead and define it.
    Sure. For me it's Santa Claus. I am a Clausian.

19. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Apparently your forte is gossip about the personal lives of posters you do not know and have never met?

If you are hostile to religion, there is no need for you to patrol the board's religion forum.

I probably post more about science than I do about religion. That does not mean I am promoting anything. If you feel you have nothing to learn from Martin Luther King Jr., Pope Francis, Mother Teresa, or Mahatma Ghandi no one is forcing you to examine their lives and values.

I am interested religion, science, existentialism, Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism, Daoism, moral philosophy, intellectual history, post modernism, paganism, et al.

I am not on anyone's team, I post what is interesting to me - and I think on balance my thread contributions are generally of a higher quality than the gossip, racism, petty grudges that which JPP is most infamous for.

I consider my role to improve the quality of discourse on the interwebs!
    Cypress: "If you are hostile to religion, there is no need for you to patrol the board's religion forum."
    Jack: I support 'science', the opposite of 'religion'. When you, as a smart person, promote Religion, I can only attribute that to 'childhood brainwashing'. I question your reasoning.

Cypress: "I am interested religion, science, existentialism, Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism, Daoism, moral philosophy, intellectual history, post modernism, paganism, et al."
    Jack: Awesome. Rather than cloak yourself in names of Famous People from the Past, why not articulate what you feel is noteworthy. Like, how many Angels can dance on the head of a Pin?